Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dkangel33

Low Tier computer Ai bots

14 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
152 battles

I am posting this for a friend who can't post yet (even though they have played 15 games)  ALL OF THIS IS IN RANDOM BATTLES NOT CO-OP

They want to know why the low tiers are almost always 1v1 rest computer bots (in a pvp type game) and why does the server or whatever pick a winner before the game even starts?

I watched him play and before the 1st 2 minutes were up his team had lost 6 ships to the enemies 0 and they all came within 30 seconds of each other. This kind of whatever you call it from the computer AI is NOT helping new players learn the game it is showing them how biased the game is when it comes to winners and losers at low tiers. 

If I had run into that (i might of been a long time) I would of gotten frustrated and stopped playing the game when it seems the game wants the games to end within 5 minutes so it just miraculously kills off 6 ships in a mere matter of seconds while not a single of their ships dies. (seems really fishy to me).....  

Also this rush/rush stop for no reason and stay there is NOT helping new players as well. So they do this until around tier 4 and then get thrown into the shark tank with no training or experience what so ever because the computer AI is stupid and more aggressive then any human. So why even have computer bots at these low levels when they actually harm new players by getting them into habits they can't be in when playing humans? perhaps you should just get rid of all computer AI because it is stupid and is NOT helping new players AND it seems to be biased against certain players. 

Edited by Dkangel33

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,572 battles

How low of a tier is he? Tier 3 is when most new players are in Random. Tiers 1 and 2, not so much.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,407 posts
9,562 battles

I went through that with my new account...

Lot's of Krakens in there. 

I'm not quite sure, but I think level 9 dumps you out into the 'normal' population.

Members
26 posts
152 battles

Whatever it is level wise or tier ship wise I know that it is NOT doing new players any good and needs to be looked at or scrapped all together. It teaches new players very very bad habits and it then when they hit real people the learning curve goes nuts and i think a large problem of that is in fact the nature of the computer AI hurting new players. I mean if someone can come up with a bot that can beat another playing in a game like DoTA then they can do it here.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
6 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Whatever it is level wise or tier ship wise I know that it is NOT doing new players any good and needs to be looked at or scrapped all together. It teaches new players very very bad habits and it then when they hit real people the learning curve goes nuts and i think a large problem of that is in fact the nature of the computer AI hurting new players. I mean if someone can come up with a bot that can beat another playing in a game like DoTA then they can do it here.

They don't want to make bots that beat players.

It does teach things. It teaches how to aim for one. The best practice target when you're totally new is one that's not evading so all you need to learn is how to lead based on target velocity and shell flight time. 

It can also teach you about line of sight, detection range, and provide a chance to decide how you want your UI displayed or what mini map options you find useful turned on.

Frankly, a bot that's going to be a good punching bag teaches a /totally/ green player way more than  seal clubber that's going to send them back to port in a hurry. Failure only teaches once you have enough basic knowledge to know what mistake you made. 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
32 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

They want to know why the low tiers are almost always 1v1 rest computer bots (in a pvp type game) and why does the server or whatever pick a winner before the game even starts?

Because, in the lowest tiers, MM may add bots to fill out a team roster if some players have been waiting for 5 minutes.

it does not pick a winner, but balances as best it is allowed by it's guidelines.

Members
26 posts
152 battles

Just saw another gamer 1v1 real player rest computer Ai bots and his team all died in the 1st 3 minutes of the game while not a single enemy ship was destroyed. Sorry but something is wrong with the computer Ai in this game and that is NOT a good thing in concerns to new players.

Members
26 posts
152 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

Because, in the lowest tiers, MM may add bots to fill out a team roster if some players have been waiting for 5 minutes.

it does not pick a winner, but balances as best it is allowed by it's guidelines.

That just is not true. He has yet to have any more the 1 other player on his team the rest bots and he has never waited more then 75 seconds to get in a game.

[WSU]
Members
75 posts
7,148 battles
Just now, Dkangel33 said:

That just is not true. He has yet to have any more the 1 other player on his team the rest bots and he has never waited more then 75 seconds to get in a game.

Then he is playing Co-op.

AI is completely retarded. Bots just rush the caps. If bot DD has launched all it's torps, it tries to ram you. Bots with planes launch them all at spawn time.

You can't do anything about it, just deal with it.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
3 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

What about the other player? When WoW's MM sees someone who has been waiting close to 5 minutes, which is the longest time you can wait, it grabs everyone it can to make up a team, and fills in the rest with bots. This is true whether you believe it or not. Don't ask "Why?" if you don't want to get the answer.

Or, like @permanentnoob said:

Then he is playing Co-op.

Members
26 posts
152 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

What about the other player? When WoW's MM sees someone who has been waiting close to 5 minutes, which is the longest time you can wait, it grabs everyone it can to make up a team, and fills in the rest with bots. This is true whether you believe it or not. Don't ask "Why?" if you don't want to get the answer.

You say no longer then 5 minutes i have seen it past every single time it gives as a max. Oh just shut the f up your a moron anyways

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
2 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

You say no longer then 5 minutes i have seen it past every single time it gives as a max. Oh just shut the f up your a moron anyways

And it WILL happen every single game if the number of players at that tier isn't enough to make up an entire team. You keep saying that somehow WoW's MM is screwing you; I'm telling you it's screwing everyone and you just want to jump to the front of the line.

It's sad when only the F'ing Moron can figure things out.

Sign in to follow this