You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1nv4d3rZ1m

Clan Wars Battle Times Changed?

31 comments in this topic

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,729 posts
7,712 battles

Did I miss something? I thought from the announcement I would be able to be on soon after prime time started but now I will miss half of the CW time.

H7eo6yA.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,577 battles

Daylight Savings ends on Nov 1...

Is there going to be any confusion there?

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
14 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Did I miss something? I thought from the announcement I would be able to be on soon after prime time started but now I will miss half of the CW time.

H7eo6yA.jpg

What's the problem? Your time zone is -1 from PT. The time is your Local time. Says so right under the schedule.

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,729 posts
7,712 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

What's the problem? it's just an hour earlier. Also your time zone is -1 from PT. The time is your Local time. Says so right under the schedule.

Actually its not, it will be on November 1. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 minute ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Actually its not, it will be on November 1. 

Not according to the server, the server has you at PT-1 (Mountain time I believe) so unless you live in Arizona the game is correct.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,577 battles

When you get on a ship, all times are in GMT...   Some US states do not recognize EDT (Daylight Savings Time), but stay at EST (Standard time).

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
2 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

When you get on a ship, all times are in GMT...   Some US states do not recognize EDT (Daylight Savings Time), but stay at EST (Standard time).

This map may help.

US-timezones.jpg

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,111 posts
12,668 battles

The game thinks you're either in Alaska (PDT-1) or a part of the Pacific time zone that doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time (PST, which is PDT-1).

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
6 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

The game thinks you're either in Alaska (PDT-1) or a part of the Pacific time zone that doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time (PST, which is PDT-1).

The game might also be thinking he is in Arizona, no Daylight Saving Time there either (except the Navajo area).

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,084 posts
8,969 battles
16 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Indiana and Arizona I know of.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,111 posts
12,668 battles
18 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

The game might also be thinking he is in Arizona, no Daylight Saving Time there either (except the Navajo area).

Nah, Arizona is on Mountain Standard Time, which makes it act like it's on Pacific Daylight Time during DST. Neither one is an hour behind Pacific.

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles

I know that Team battles had limited playing times and I thought that was extremely stupid. Limited play is just as stupid for Clan Wars. I fail to see the reasoning behind restricted playing times. It just makes no sense. Rabbit poop is not smart pills.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,111 posts
12,668 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

I fail to see the reasoning behind restricted playing times. It just makes no sense.

It encourages players who have moderately flexible hours to concentrate their play within a specific block of time, increasing the matchmaking pool during that time.

It also prevents weird issues where clusters of daytime and nighttime teams in the same league literally never play each other, and so develop quasi-separate rankings even though they're in the same system.

Not arguing for or against the system, BTW, just explaining the logic.

• Cool 2

[RUST]
Beta Testers
947 posts
10,407 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

It encourages players who have moderately flexible hours to concentrate their play within a specific block of time, increasing the matchmaking pool during that time.

It also prevents weird issues where clusters of daytime and nighttime teams in the same league literally never play each other, and so develop quasi-separate rankings even though they're in the same system.

If only WG would explain it the way you do, things would go a lot smoother than this put-off holier-than-thou type explanation:

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles
8 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I do understand that logic, but after that logic I would then think about how many this would make not be able to play at all and I would shelf the previous logic. That's where the reasoning part comes in.

[R-F]
Members
781 posts
6,404 battles

does anyone have an estimate/educated guess on how many clans mature enough to field a 7-player team exist on the North American server?  

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,763 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

What's the problem? Your time zone is -1 from PT. The time is your Local time. Says so right under the schedule.

No, it's wrong. It's says my LOCAL is PDT +2, it is not. It's +3.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 minute ago, sbcptnitro said:

No, it's wrong. It's says my LOCAL is PDT +2, it is not. It's +3.

Obviously it is based on what the server thinks, the server thinks you are in PDT+2. As far as the game's logic is concerned it is correct.

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,763 battles
3 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

does anyone have an estimate/educated guess on how many clans mature enough to field a 7-player team exist on the North American server?  

Not sure about others, but our clan is 30 members strong and will increase after we get our expansion.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
30 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Nah, Arizona is on Mountain Standard Time, which makes it act like it's on Pacific Daylight Time during DST. Neither one is an hour behind Pacific.

My mistake, but the point still stands, the time is correct once you adjust it. The time is still the same just different server time zone.

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,763 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Obviously it is based on what the server thinks, the server thinks you are in PDT+2. As far as the game's logic is concerned it is correct.

You keep making assumptions.

That's the only place it has it wrong. The actual Clan Battle game mode says it will be active in 6 hours, not 5 as suggested in that other dialog.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
6 minutes ago, sbcptnitro said:

You keep making assumptions.

That's the only place it has it wrong. The actual Clan Battle game mode says it will be active in 6 hours, not 5 as suggested in that other dialog.

I'm not making assumptions. Based on what you are saying the server thinks you are in a different time zone then you actually are. The server thinks you are in PDT+2 so it displays it as such. That's most likely how the game logic is working and my point still stands. The time has not changed it's just displayed as the local server time. if the server thinks your somewhere else then that is Wargaming's fault for having a bad location on you. 

Edited by Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi
Just noticed your location.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
9 minutes ago, sbcptnitro said:

Actually disregard my previous posts, It appears Wargaming has merged a time zone together somewhere. because they are also telling me PDT+2. So someone at Wargaming needs to be yelled at for not studying their time zones. Most likely some fool merged the Mountain and Pacific time zones.