Beornotns

Place your Hallowe'en Captain builds here please

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

38 posts in this topic

As the title implies, How do YOU spec the captains for the Igor, the Jackal and the Blade?

I am curious, and in search of ideas.

~Beorn

Looking for this info as well. On my Blade captain I have PM and Last Stand so far.

I think this goes for all, but I focus on putting points in skills that reduces the cool down of the consumables and ignore any survivability skills since the damage control party has such a low cooldown

On the Jackal I went with the following but haven't gone out yet. Still at work, besides redistributing doesn't cost anything for a few days.

1. Priority Target and Preventive Maintenance

2. Jack of all Trades, Expert Marksman and Adrenaline Rush

3. Basics of Survivability

4. Fire Prevention and Concealement

Basically what I use on my BBs. I'll see it works later.

LOL, I completely forgot those Halloween ships had commanders in them! However, my team got 4 stars the first time out. What a difference a year makes. Last year, I had just only started playing the game and never could complete the scenario.

OK, here's what I took on the Igor:

Preventative Maintenance

High Alert, Jack or all Trades

Basics of Survivability, Superintendent

Fire Prevention, Inertial Fuse for High Explosive

I think this is a good combination for this ship in the scenario. What do you think?

9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

LOL, I completely forgot those Halloween ships had commanders in them! However, my team got 4 stars the first time out. What a difference a year makes. Last year, I had just only started playing the game and never could complete the scenario.

Yea last year I played about 10-12 rounds and was sucking at it. Wound up getting the achievement before I realized the same thing. Felt kinda ignorant

1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

OK, here's what I took on the Igor:

Preventative Maintenance

High Alert, Jack or all Trades

Basics of Survivability, Superintendent

Fire Prevention, Inertial Fuse for High Explosive

I think this is a good combination for this ship in the scenario. What do you think?

Looks like a good start.

7 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

On the Jackal I went with the following but haven't gone out yet. Still at work, besides redistributing doesn't cost anything for a few days.

1. Priority Target and Preventive Maintenance

2. Jack of all Trades, Expert Marksman and Adrenaline Rush

3. Basics of Survivability

4. Fire Prevention and Concealement

Basically what I use on my BBs. I'll see it works later.

Any level 4 skills (perhaps minus AFT) are waste of points in the Jackal for this mode. You're always gonna keep firing and the enemy tends to spawn close by anyways.

Fire prevention and basics of survivability has little value because your repair party has a short cool down not to mention constant healing from Transylvania.

High Alert and Jack of all trades are choices I will make to get my consumables cool down even shorter.

Typically I pick skills that will make my ship perform better and deal constant damage.

7 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

I think this goes for all, but I focus on putting points in skills that reduces the cool down of the consumables and ignore any survivability skills since the damage control party has such a low cooldown

All 3 premium consumables cost 22,500. The CD can be brought as low as just under 30 seconds if take premium  and the JoaT skill.

My dd is running PM, JoaT, TA, smoke god, LS, TAE, SI, and FP. 120mm MB won't do much to enemy ships, but the torps will. I need them safer from being knocked out, and the CD reduction for smoke and heal make it easier to cover the Transylvania. Since all 3 ship classes tend to get set on fire a lot, FP will block some damage.

Cruiser is running PM, JoaT, HA, EM, AR, SI, BoS, and FP. My experience is this class relies on HE and fires, so emphasize the MB and survival.

Battleship is running EL, EM, AR, BFT, SI, FP, and AFT. I'm going to test whether the secondaries are useful.

Be aware guys, Jackal and Blade (BB and DD) can't start fires with their MB, so do not take DE on them.

Also, fun fact:

Unless it's a typo, all ships are invisible to the bots when inside smoke.

3 minutes ago, Reymu said:

All 3 premium consumables cost 22,500. The CD can be brought as low as just under 30 seconds if take premium  and the JoaT skill.

My dd is running PM, JoaT, TA, smoke god, LS, TAE, SI, and FP. 120mm MB won't do much to enemy ships, but the torps will. I need them safer from being knocked out, and the CD reduction for smoke and heal make it easier to cover the Transylvania. Since all 3 ship classes tend to get set on fire a lot, FP will block some damage.

Cruiser is running PM, JoaT, HA, EM, AR, SI, BoS, and FP. My experience is this class relies on HE and fires, so emphasize the MB and survival.

Battleship is running EL, EM, AR, BFT, SI, FP, and AFT. I'm going to test whether the secondaries are useful.

Be aware guys, Jackal and Blade (BB and DD) can't start fires with their MB, so do not take DE on them.

Also, fun fact:

Unless it's a typo, all ships are invisible to the bots when inside smoke.

Perhaps my point would be more focused on the Jackal than the other ships, it has the hit points and the heal to offset the mass of fires along with being close by the Transylvania.

I wonder... concealment seems kind of meaningless in a bot game. 

I'm thinking I'll try Radio Location Finding. That may help with situational awareness. 

Basically went straight down the Endurance columns, except I opted for AFT over FP, with Jackal. I figured with HA, B of S, and DC IV, FP wasn't going to matter much, and it hasn't. 

Similar with Igor, except I didn't select any 4-point skills, opting instead for: PM, HA, EM, AR, B of S, SE, Superintendent, and DE. Got 8 kills in my first go with this setup even though I didn't fire a single killshot- all 8 kills were from fires. Basically just set every BB on fire twice and then changed targets. 

Edited by DDGPhalanx

Forget about BoS and RPF guys. DC CD is better. No CV-specific skills either.

Jackal can go AFT and MS for brawling, but the -15% reduction wont interest everyone.

FP has proved less useful than I'd have liked--unless you charge in first a lot, the fire reduction matters little.

Edited by Reymu

I've tried a few builds with the DD (Blade), this is what I'm running right now:

1.) Preventive Maintenance

2.) Jack of all Trades, Smoke Screen Expert, Adrenaline Rush, Last Stand

3.) Torpedo Rearmament Expertise, Superintendent

4.) Advanced Firing Training

I get set on fire a lot but if you stay in the green circle you can get healed through 3 fires til you can DC them. Your guns need the range from AFT badly. Torp spam is where all the damage comes from. The Transylvania absolutely must have a good smoke for the Rasputin - been trying to figure out other optimal timings. Also don't forget your modules and premium consumables - you need both.

In my experience, concealment is completely useless as the bots will target things even if they're sitting in smoke (I've seen the Rasputin do this). You can also mouse over the cooldown timer and Receive an Order for 75k silver to not wait the half hour.

Edited by w4spl3g

1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

Any level 4 skills (perhaps minus AFT) are waste of points in the Jackal for this mode. You're always gonna keep firing and the enemy tends to spawn close by anyways.

Fire prevention and basics of survivability has little value because your repair party has a short cool down not to mention constant healing from Transylvania.

High Alert and Jack of all trades are choices I will make to get my consumables cool down even shorter.

Typically I pick skills that will make my ship perform better and deal constant damage.

Thanks, I'll take a look at redistributing them

2 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Perhaps my point would be more focused on the Jackal than the other ships, it has the hit points and the heal to offset the mass of fires along with being close by the Transylvania.

All three ships are very hardy, actually. I took a couple cits in the DD and surprisingly could heal all that back with the consumable.

However, Jackal and Igor tank better given their armor.

3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Lucky fella.  I had 3 matches before work.  one in each of the ships.  Three failures.  I never died, and I had some good damage output, but...  Just not getting the job done I suppose.

~B

I haven't played the Halloween scenario yet and didn't play last year. Based on what I read and tips in other threads, I went with the following.

Jackal BB 

Priority Target to know when I'm targeted, not just detected.

Preventative Maint for that extra little bit of survivalibility

High Alert to get DC reload down

Jack of All Trades to get heal reload down

Expert Marksman as I like fast moving guns and I'm guessing I will be dodging a lot

Adrenaline Rush to make the guns faster since I'm expecting to get hit alot

Superintendent to get an extra heal

Vigilance for that little bit of extra notice on torps

Concealment Expert to be stealthier

Survivalibility Expert  to get  +1,050 HP

Fire Prevention to make superstructure one fire

Igor CL

Expert Marksman as I like fast moving guns and I'm guessing I will be dodging a lot

Demolition Expert  to boost fire chance

Fire Prevention to make superstructure one fire

Blade DD

Priority Target to know how many are targetting me (had an extra point anyway)

High Alert to get DC reload down

Last Stand to be able to keep turning and burning

Torpedo Armament Expertise to get a little faster on torp reload

Survivalibility Expert  to get  +1,050 HP

Edit: Based on recommendations below, I have changed things up a bit. Good thing respec's are free for the weekend :)

Edited by Kizarvexis

13 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I haven't played the Halloween scenario yet and didn't play last year. Based on what I read and tips in other threads, I went with the following.

Jackal BB  and Igor CL

Blade DD

Smoke Screen Expert for 20% larger smoke clouds

Last Stand to be able to keep turning and burning

Torpedo Armament Expertise to get a little faster on torp reload

Zikasas do not have torps, so Vigilance is a waste. You're also regularly in close-range anyway, so concealment is useless.

There is an argument for SE, just for 950 extra HP, if determined to get something useful.

PT and CE is a waste.   you see them and they see you.    mostly close in brawl .   

for Igor

PM

EM/AR/HA/JOAT

DE/SI

IFHE  

for blade.  maxed out torps and possibly health 

PM

AR/LS/TA

SI/TAE/SE/BFT   (get that gun rof maxed)

I don't think fire prevention makes any difference at all on the Blade at least.  I've been running it and I still get 3 fires on a regular basis.

For the blade I've been told That the Torpedo Acceleration isn't worth it because the extra range is better then the extra speed

9 minutes ago, Crazy_San said:

For the blade I've been told That the Torpedo Acceleration isn't worth it because the extra range is better then the extra speed

The bots are pretty good at dodging when you shoot at long range as when you fire, they know where the torps are going. Some people who have played Blades on winning missions, say that you don't want to do a lot of long range shots.