You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Why Premium DD are not allowed to exchange for doubloon?

49 comments in this topic

Members
142 posts
3,843 battles

How about refunds for the Blys as well? It has higher base detect, so will lose detect as well. honestly should have been done at 0.6.3 after advertizing it for stealth then removing the feature

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,367 battles

U guys r kidding right?  You wanna refund sims and blysk because of .8 or less of extra spotting?   Just sit in the back of your smoke cloud and the difference will be made up. 

• Cool 5

Members
142 posts
3,843 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Chaos_NA said:

Apparently they gave a refund for Blys when stealth fire was removed, I know I would sold mine had I known.

no they didn't, or at least they didn't announce it, i'd have sold mine if i had of known

Members
142 posts
3,843 battles
2 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

U guys r kidding right?  You wanna refund sims and blysk because of .8 or less of extra spotting?   Just sit in the back of your smoke cloud and the difference will be made up. 

I quit playing DD's and cruisers after 0.6.3, so those POS's are sitting collecting dust

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,328 posts
6,609 battles

I don't even understand why they made refunds for Kutuzow... If a Kutuzow sits within 7.7km of an enemy ship, she is already suiciding.

• Cool 2

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,406 posts
3,583 battles
20 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Sims lost smoke firing too, just like Belfast. 

I only see a difference in degree but not in nature. 

She lost a .5 km window on smoke firing. 

Hardly a nerf, the amount of times you wouldn't be affected would  be 99.99 out of a 100. 

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,367 battles
Just now, crazyjr said:

I quit playing DD's and cruisers after 0.6.3, so those POS's are sitting collecting dust

Thats nice. 

Members
396 posts
9,434 battles
8 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

How about refunds for the Blys as well? It has higher base detect, so will lose detect as well. honestly should have been done at 0.6.3 after advertizing it for stealth then removing the feature

I would of taken a refund as well, I bought it for its stealth fire ability and I don't play it much anymore

I recently got Leningrad in a SC and I prefer it over Blys. anyway.

Members
142 posts
3,843 battles
8 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

She lost a .5 km window on smoke firing. 

Hardly a nerf, the amount of times you would be affected would be 99.99 out of a 100. 

Maybe but it is effectively a nerf to it, if the offer is available for the premium cruisers it should also be offered to all effected DD's. with all due respect there should have been a return done at 0.6.3 due to advertizing something (Stealth on the Blys), then removing it. Especially on premiums, if a change removes effectiveness a certain ship, there should be a way to recoup the losses, short of a CC chargeback, which might get you banned, depending on the game

Edited by crazyjr

[-BRS-]
Members
1,640 posts
13,617 battles

From what I read earlier in this body detection ranges Sims is like 2.83 not the point five they're promising earlier and another thing what I don't understand is why is the Sims detection bloom is as high as the Gearing

[CRMSN]
5,406 posts
3,583 battles
1 minute ago, crazyjr said:

Maybe but it is effectively a nerf to it, if the offer is available for the premium cruisers it should also be offered to all effected DD's. with all due respect there should have been a return done at 0.6.3 due to advertizing something Stealth on the Blys, then removing it. Especially on premiums, if a change removes effectiveness a certain ship, there should be a way to recoup the losses, short of a CC chargeback, which might get you banned, depending on the game

I agree more with the stealth firing comment then this. 

But ultimately the power to strike back is within your grasp. Don't like how they conducting themselves? Close your wallet, him em where it counts $$$$.

since last Christmas I haven't spent a dime on WOWS. I came very close to it last night for belfast, but ultimately I chose not too. 

Normally I would buy premium, prem ships, doubloons etc etc.. Hundreds of dollars that I haven't spent on this game. May not mean much, but its my way of saying "I don't like where this is headed" 

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,367 battles

How much effectiveness are you seeing in the 0.8km window of difference with smoke firing blys or sims?    Is that even one volley's worth of time when someone is that close?   

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles

To answer the OP, it's probably because they aren't interested in reducing the number of Sims in matches, like they are with MK and Belfast.

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles

I think I misread a post from earlier about the Blys.

The thing is if they do the Sims and Blys then it open the can worms for the Tirp as well for all mechanics changes that have turned it into the worst tier 8 BB.

Edited by Captain_Chaos_NA

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles
6 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

Maybe but it is effectively a nerf to it, if the offer is available for the premium cruisers it should also be offered to all effected DD's. 

What those premium cruisers are affected by is removal for reasons of being considered OP. Is the Sims being removed? No? Then it is not affected.

Members
142 posts
3,843 battles
4 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

I agree more with the stealth firing comment then this. 

But ultimately the power to strike back is within your grasp. Don't like how they conducting themselves? Close your wallet, him em where it counts $$$$.

since last Christmas I haven't spent a dime on WOWS. I came very close to it last night for belfast, but ultimately I chose not too. 

Normally I would buy premium, prem ships, doubloons etc etc.. Hundreds of dollars that I haven't spent on this game. May not mean much, but its my way of saying "I don't like where this is headed" 

I have, i bought the Sims and the Blys, long before the change to stealth firing, If i had of known, I'd have never bought them. I have not bought a single thing, not port slots, gold or ships, since that change (0.6.3), it will not change either. I'm just on to take up space and hog bandwidth, not spending money

[USCC2]
Members
3,584 posts

Blys is a great DD! Probably my favourite after the Leningrad and Fletcher.

Yes she was more powerful with OWSF - but she still does well against other ships (as well as most other DDs). Isn't balance better than an unfair advantage when it comes to playing the game?

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,367 battles
10 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

I have, i bought the Sims and the Blys, long before the change to stealth firing, If i had of known, I'd have never bought them. I have not bought a single thing, not port slots, gold or ships, since that change (0.6.3), it will not change either. I'm just on to take up space and hog bandwidth, not spending money

Give Sims another look.  I bought it post-stealth firing changes and have since been somewhat amazed with its performance.   I cant speak to Blys, as i don't want a boat with a non-shared captain. 

Edited by AnimaL21

[CRMSN]
5,406 posts
3,583 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Blys is a great DD! Probably my favourite after the Leningrad and Fletcher.

Yes she was more powerful with OWSF - but she still does well against other ships (as well as most other DDs). Isn't balance better than an unfair advantage when it comes to playing the game?

Depends how you look at it, I feel OWSF is as much of an advantage as Radar, I know its not a popular opinion but its still the one I have. 

What is someones unfair advantage is anothers balance. For a lot of players stealth firing was balanced and counter-able. For others it was OP AF. 

For a lot of players radar is balanced and counter-able. For others it's OP AF. 

The degrees of separation between was is balanced and what is not tends to be in the eye of the beholder. 

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
25 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

From what I read earlier in this body detection ranges Sims is like 2.83 not the point five they're promising earlier and another thing what I don't understand is why is the Sims detection bloom is as high as the Gearing

2.5 is the average of destroyers, not all. It is based on base detection and gun caliber.

[W-P-E]
Members
467 posts
57 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

I don't find Sims interesting. I can just play Fletcher or Gearing. It would be nice if I can sell it for doubloon and buy something else in future, maybe Scharnhorst or Indianapolis. 

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
5,610 battles

...You all make me sad. It's only a miniscule thing, where were y'all when all the other nerfs happened? This is a pretty small deal. Not too bad for DDs. Sure I don't appreciate this change, and absolutely think it's unnecessary, but this doesn't affect us hardly. Wanting to give up Blys makes no sense to me. Even when it was released it was good at sniping from 14.4km. Sims continues to be one of the best brawlers and the smoke is still fantastic. The sea mines could use a damage buff but they are stealthy (and harder to dodge with TA equipped and can cause flooding. Sims would be even better if it had the 10.2km range of the Gallant or 9km on Shino. That'd be great. If that was an FCS option on Sims I'd take that. So I'm not losing my precious ships just to lose them over, what, +2km to concealment? If an enemy spots your DD in smoke you already messed up, be it 1km or 3km. You shouldn't even be firing at the BB or CA and be preparing your torps or mashing speed boost at that point. If it's a DD or low health cruiser, kill it quickly and you'll be fine.

This is barely a nerf. I'd be more worried about super radar or German DD hydro or PA DD radar. A Blyskawica or Sims will murder anything that gets within 3km anyways. Just wait it out. You can ask for refunds, you are entitled to that option because they are changing the product, but I don't see this as a good enough reason to follow through with it. 

I write this only because I see so many people saying they'd turn those ships in over this. You can have the refund, fine, totally fine; but whether you should really swap them out? Nah.

[W-P-E]
Members
467 posts
17 minutes ago, KmsH44 said:

...You all make me sad. It's only a miniscule thing, where were y'all when all the other nerfs happened? This is a pretty small deal. Not too bad for DDs. Sure I don't appreciate this change, and absolutely think it's unnecessary, but this doesn't affect us hardly. Wanting to give up Blys makes no sense to me. Even when it was released it was good at sniping from 14.4km. Sims continues to be one of the best brawlers and the smoke is still fantastic. The sea mines could use a damage buff but they are stealthy (and harder to dodge with TA equipped and can cause flooding. Sims would be even better if it had the 10.2km range of the Gallant or 9km on Shino. That'd be great. If that was an FCS option on Sims I'd take that. So I'm not losing my precious ships just to lose them over, what, +2km to concealment? If an enemy spots your DD in smoke you already messed up, be it 1km or 3km. You shouldn't even be firing at the BB or CA and be preparing your torps or mashing speed boost at that point. If it's a DD or low health cruiser, kill it quickly and you'll be fine.

This is barely a nerf. I'd be more worried about super radar or German DD hydro or PA DD radar. A Blyskawica or Sims will murder anything that gets within 3km anyways. Just wait it out. You can ask for refunds, you are entitled to that option because they are changing the product, but I don't see this as a good enough reason to follow through with it. 

I write this only because I see so many people saying they'd turn those ships in over this. You can have the refund, fine, totally fine; but whether you should really swap them out? Nah.

There should have been this freedom, which WG did not provide. 

Are you saying because using this freedom is immoral, there should be no such freedom?