You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Free to Respec every Captain!!

29 comments in this topic

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,168 battles

Indeed and it is lovely, allows me to fix a mistake my des moines had with me stupidly taking IFHE on it. 

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,085 posts
9,013 battles

With the Brit BBs, I can change some American BB to counter it. 

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,413 battles
7 minutes ago, Captain_Chaos_NA said:

Did the 9 and 10 nerf to UK bb go in this patch as well?

You mean the nerf to the heal CD, that doesn't actually fix the excessive damage issue, and changes something that didn't need to be changed? 

Yeah, that one went through. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,543 posts
2,154 battles
3 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Where did they say this, and why?

On the webpage with patch announcement.

Why? Because of the smoke changes (surely you've heard of those) now going live. You might want new skills for the new meta, so they're giving you the opportunity to change for free. I believe upgrades are significantly discounted too. Only until Monday though.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Want to change up your fleet? Get a -100% discount to respec your Commanders and demount modifications from Oct. 18, 04:00 PT (07:00 ET) through Oct. 23, 04:00 PT (07:00 ET)  

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles
6 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Yah it did.

Thank you

Yeah plus the respec is handy for clan wars if you had a ship you wanted to bring but it was spec's for AA.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,826 posts
10,383 battles
18 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Why? Because of the smoke changes (surely you've heard of those) now going live.

I believe smoke changes, and possibly removing carriers from clan battles as a contributory factor.

If I was playing I'd be getting rid of AFT/MFCAA from any high tier cruisers, swapping AA Mod 1 for something else etc. etc.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,412 battles

Question!

Is it possible to "respec" and simply not select new skills? e.g. take my 19-point fully specced Montana captain and return him to no-skills-selected 19 points available?

I'm only asking because I have over 100 captains and not enough time to think it out how to respec them all since I'm leaving for a wedding this weekend and then immediately traveling for work, so I have to take advantage of the respec tonight and tomorrow.

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,623 battles
29 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Yah it did.

If it did my RN BB grind is dead at KGV. That is as high as I will go in that line.

[LWA]
Members
625 posts
8,947 battles
41 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

This could be because of the clan battles as there no aircraft carriers allowed.  My Des Moines is spec'd AA....which needs changed for clan battles.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
13 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

If it did my RN BB grind is dead at KGV. That is as high as I will go in that line.

It's not that much of a nerf hammer, just increased the reload time on the repair and made them slightly more visible. They are still the same ship just made less annoying. As Wargaming put it "It's a quality of life nerf".

Members
18,358 posts
5,241 battles
26 minutes ago, PelicanHazard said:

Question!

Is it possible to "respec" and simply not select new skills? e.g. take my 19-point fully specced Montana captain and return him to no-skills-selected 19 points available?

Yes. Once you respec, you aren't forced to spend the points. Just burn through and respec them all, then allocate the points at leisure.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,038 posts
8,290 battles

Sweet, I'll get my Clemson captain respecced for US cruiser line since Farragut turned me off from US DDs.

Minsk isn't getting any use either, so respeccing that captain for permanent career on Kiev when current one unlocks Tashkent.

[TBW]
Members
6,418 posts
12,065 battles

Well thank Neptune and Poseidon, that they didn't just zero them all again. It take a bit of time to re-spec 178 Captains.

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,525 battles

You know, I find this a bit annoying. I have a full AA spec Montana that I use for randoms all the time with full AA modules.  If I respect that ship specifically for clan battles i will not only have to buy and sell all the modules costing a small fortune,  but I could never use that ship as an AA spec Montana again in randoms which is what I would prefer. 

I'm being forced to spec my ships in a way I don't want them to be specced just to devote them to clan battles because of this exclusion of cv's. 

If I don't respec my Montana, I'm handicapping myself in clan wars. Meaning that If I was an AA spec Montana, I won't be able to use it in clan wars. Severely limiting one option either way. 

Puts a bad taste in my mouth. This officially excludes me playing certain ships that I would otherwise want to play. I'm sure the cv captain's feel the same. This has a trickle down effect where we all suffer.

Meanwhile everyone is going "yay! They gave us a free respec!" Hurrah! 

Edited by Megrim3

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,525 battles
1 minute ago, DiddleDum said:

Not only the respec, but demounting upgrades is free too.    Time to fix noob mistakes! :Smile_teethhappy:

Until you want to respec that ship back to your beloved AA spec ship down the road. Costing you 350 dubaloons and who knows how much module rerouting costs.

[WOLF2]
Members
898 posts
7,308 battles

Just a question Megrim... what would you choose in lieu of an AA spec build?      Looking at the skills, what else would you choose that'd make any kind of impact in Clan play?

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,376 posts
8,562 battles
2 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Just a question Megrim... what would you choose in lieu of an AA spec build?      Looking at the skills, what else would you choose that'd make any kind of impact in Clan play?

iayiPyZ.gif

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,525 battles
20 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Aiming mod instead of 25 percent aa damage, fire prevention instead of aa range. All module that protect your aa guns from being disabled to gun modules. Ect ect. Practically everything. Even skill one with 2 fighters. Is a total overhaul to switch the spec in the Montana from A full AA spec. Even manual aa firing frees up 4 points to put into jack of all trades or concealment. 

Unless you think that having the extra concealment won't make any difference. ...lol. 

You take a major sacrifice going full AA.  That's why nobody does it. It is also why I continually get over 3000 BASE xp In random battles with this ship. It is. ..what the us bbs were made for imo. Using them for their shotgun accuracy/concealment build is the other option that most already pick. Which is not how I like to play Montana. I like shooting down 40 tier 10 planes (more than our cv) and sinking 3 ships along the way. Call me crazy. Why do I have to change to follow the META? my build is useless in clan wars or i take my build out of randoms unless I pay up. This is limiting options for me.

Edited by Megrim3