You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteelClaw

Whats up with the Pan Asian DD?

20 comments in this topic

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,163 battles

No, wrong, horribly wrong, and infact, wargaming never ONCE said they would be. What led you to believe this horrificly wrong bit of information?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,248 posts
12,800 battles
7 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

I thought they were going to be in this patch? 

Why did you think that? Was it announced anywhere?

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,163 battles

We've had the lo yang for MONTHS, hell we've also had the anshan for months, really means absolutely nothing. Wargaming tends to hype up the release of a brand new line and yet they were, SUSPICIOUSLY quiet if they had intended to release it today. 

[_AFW_]
Members
986 posts
7,021 battles
17 minutes ago, Raptor_alcor said:

No, wrong, horribly wrong, and infact, wargaming never ONCE said they would be. What led you to believe this horrificly wrong bit of information?

11 minutes ago, Lert said:

I can't remember which but a dev or a cc posted over on the EU server that the Pan-Asian dd were coming out in this patch. 

13 minutes ago, permanentnoob said:

I think all the talk of Pan-Asian DDs is for the euro server.

Correct.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,248 posts
12,800 battles
1 minute ago, Shadow_NA said:

I can't remember which but a dev or a cc posted over on the EU server that the Pan-Asian dd were coming out in this patch.

Source? Because until someone posts proof all we have is hearsay, meanwhile ...

Basically, never base your expectations on rumors, only on announcements. PADDs were not even intended to come with this patch.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

When is the last time an entire line  has shown up as coming soon and then not get released with the next major patch? I have been with the game over two years and I don't recall this happening before. I would think the precedent had been set?

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,077 battles

Instead of those Pan Asian destroyers I wish WG would of put some of their resources into creating a combined set BB's CA's and CV's of ships for the Central and South American navy now that would of been Very interesting  ! ! ! !

[HINON]
Supertester
19,248 posts
12,800 battles
1 minute ago, IronMike11B4O said:

When is the last time an entire line  has shown up as coming soon and then not get released with the next major patch?

They announce the date when they drop right before they drop. Which they didn't this time. And it's in the patch notes when they drop. Which they weren't this time. So what you're going on is still supposition and guesswork, instead of actual fact.

• Cool 3

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,492 battles
16 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

Instead of those Pan Asian destroyers I wish WG would of put some of their resources into creating a combined set BB's CA's and CV's of ships for the Central and South American navy now that would of been Very interesting  ! ! ! !

While I personally agree, WG does need to toss their significant Asian community a bone.  And I like UKDDs so there's a few in this line that I find interesting...

Edited by kerensky914

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

They announce the date when they drop right before they drop. Which they didn't this time. And it's in the patch notes when they drop. Which they weren't this time. So what you're going on is still supposition and guesswork, instead of actual fact.

Still didn't answer the question when is the last time they dropped a ship line and then had it languish for a few patches past when they were shown in the tech ?? I knew they weren't being released because I can flipping read the patch notes as I always do before it drops. However once again back to my original question.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,736 posts
3 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Still didn't answer the question when is the last time they dropped a ship line and then had it languish for a few patches past when they were shown in the tech ?? I knew they weren't being released because I can flipping read the patch notes as I always do before it drops. However once again back to my original question.

IIRC then British Cruisers

[HINON]
Supertester
19,248 posts
12,800 battles
18 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

<Rudeness edited out, I probably overreacted>

Also, British Cruisers, they took more than a few patch cycles to get out after being announced.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
5 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

IIRC then British Cruisers

Yep I will give you that. But we were given a reason. Like oh crap HE spamming cruisers from smoke. The devs even told us of the rework and why. These PA DD's are just sitting pixelated turds in the tech tree. With nary a mention good or bad.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,286 posts
25,391 battles

Sounds like some people need a Snickers bar.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,248 posts
12,800 battles
5 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Yep I will give you that. But we were given a reason. Like oh crap HE spamming cruisers from smoke. The devs even told us of the rework and why. These PA DD's are just sitting pixelated turds in the tech tree. With nary a mention good or bad.

Moving the goalpost now?

You asked a question, we gave an answer, and all you can say is "yes, technically, but~" ?

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Moving the goalpost now?

You asked a question, we gave an answer, and all you can say is "yes, technically, but~" ?

Not moving the goalpost but acknowledging someone who actually answered the original question

[HINON]
Supertester
19,248 posts
12,800 battles
4 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Not moving the goalpost but acknowledging someone who actually answered the original question

Well, feel free to continue to believe in a self-induced fantasy that "complete tech trees always should drop exactly one patch after announcement", based on coincidence. I'm sure you'll make many friends and achieve many goals by yelling "But they announced them without official drop date and they didn't drop them!" next time a tree doesn't drop.

We'll have two examples now of it not happening.

As for why they weren't released with this patch? Eh. Who cares. I'm sure they have their reasons, and I'm sure there will be people who disagree with those reasons whatever they are. Plus, the forum base has made it perfectly clear that the majority of posters aren't interested in the branch, judging by all the "I'd rather they did <X> instead of introducing a clone tree" posts.