Triela50

Tips for the halloween scenario

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

38 posts in this topic

Post any helpful tips you may have for beating this

Battleships fire AP at the catapults you do way more damage that way 

My suggestions are designate a Transylvania babysitter so the ship does not stop. Blade ships can be used for scouts, catapult distractors, and as well as torpedo boats. Jackal focus on the catapults primarily. Jackal and Igor do their best versus the targets when they appear. And when the Rasputin appears everyone focus fire on it. This is a teamwork match. Good luck to you and your team.

No one else enters the circle at the start, just the Jackals after they enter the other ships can but the Jackals need to stay with Transylvania. If anybody else enters they will be left behind. if a Zikasa spawns behind the convoy leave it alone they will not catch up. Also when Rasputin shows up a Blade needs to smoke Transylvania otherwise she will be blasted into oblivion. Also Watch out for England, she will screw you over constantly.

31 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

My suggestions are designate a Transylvania babysitter so the ship does not stop. Blade ships can be used for scouts, catapult distractors, and as well as torpedo boats. Jackal focus on the catapults primarily. Jackal and Igor do their best versus the targets when they appear. And when the Rasputin appears everyone focus fire on it. This is a teamwork match. Good luck to you and your team.

Take out England first or your screwed. She will screw you over if you don't kill her quickly.

The ship moves very quickly, even with just one or two in the circle!

Stick together! The difficulty escalates very quickly and you all need to focus targets quickly.

ignore the two Zik that spawn way in the rear they will never catch up

it's basically same as last years, which after seeing Flamus vid. on the PT server version, feels like a bait and switch. Glad i didn't have to buy the mission

10 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

ignore the two Zik that spawn way in the rear they will never catch up

Don't ignore England she will screw you over. If I sound paranoid about England it's because I am. I have lost secondary objectives several time because of her last year and on the test server.

50 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

it's basically same as last years, which after seeing Flamus vid. on the PT server version, feels like a bait and switch. Glad i didn't have to buy the mission

The ships have been changed some.

1 hour ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Don't ignore England she will screw you over. If I sound paranoid about England it's because I am. I have lost secondary objectives several time because of her last year and on the test server.

I don't remember this England people keep talking about 

Don't play with randoms, because they are as bad as you could ever expect them to be.

Most difficult op so far. Looking forward to getting it figured out later this evening. 

Just from playing it once with each class, it seems like jackals should focus captain skills on secondaries and need to prioritize the catapults while igor and blade focus on the battleships. No idea how to sink the final wave of battleships, and rasputin, before they get close enough to stop Transylvania. 

Fun and engaging.. 

32 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

She's a Zikasa that spawns at the same time as Rasputin and makes a beeline for Transylvania while everyone is distracted by Rasputin. Since Rasputin takes so long to kill England gets into the circle, Transylvania stops and you lose two stars.

40 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

It's the ship that spawns to the left of the Rasputin at the end. I've done 3 so far, only one was semi-decent the rest were total crapshows. I've been experimenting with builds as I've been playing a DD, right now I'm running Preventative Maintenance, Jack Of All Trades, Smoke Screen Expert, Adrenalin Rush, Last Stand, Torp Armament Expertise (reload), Superintendent, and Advanced Firing Training.

Concealment seems to mean nothing (I have already seen Rasputin sitting in smoke firing at Transylvania without issue), you need the range on your guns bad, torp spam is the name of the game and the BBs shuffle like mad making landing hits hard (considering torp acceleration but the range is [edited] already).

You can mouse over the ship you want to play while it's on Cooldown and click Receive Order for 75,000 credits if you don't want to wait 30 minutes. Also don't forget to put modules and premium consumables on, you will need them. As stated people should stick together, staying the circle = Heal Over Time, and will keep you alive even with 3 fires burning on you, it also makes the ship move and if everyone leaves you will auto-fail one of the secondary objectives when it stops. It will also stop if any enemy gets in the green circle with the same result. Catapults don't seem to take any damage at all from DD AP, I've been firing HE at everything and there is a 0% fire chance ;(.

Edited by w4spl3g

This operation is darn near impossible ... and I am the master of co-op operations. I only won ONCE last year and that was with dozens of battles, at least last year you got free Halloween camo from every battle if you did a certain amount of damage.

I propose cutting the number of catapults in half while making the Zikasa's a bit stronger. Either that or allow the Transylvania to heal herself.

2 hours ago, CFagan1987 said:

This operation is darn near impossible ... and I am the master of co-op operations. I only won ONCE last year and that was with dozens of battles, at least last year you got free Halloween camo from every battle if you did a certain amount of damage.

I propose cutting the number of catapults in half while making the Zikasa's a bit stronger. Either that or allow the Transylvania to heal herself.

It seems a lot harder than last year. The Transilvania just keeps derping straight towards the Rasputin long before anybody can even hope to focus it down. This year I haven't been able to save the Trans once, let alone have it survive with more than 50% HP. I try my best with the blade to keep it smoked at that stage, but it just keeps moving full speed ahead or even turns out of the smoke.

Got 5 stars, the whole thing is pretty straight forward until the end, focus the 2 other ships THEN rasputin, also 2 of us cruisers rammed him at the end, made him die a lot quicker, sacrifice 1 or 2 of your members and youll get him quick :)

I remember someone saying a BB has to ram Rasputin with the fists on the bow.

And if you didn't play on the pst, wait til you see  the coming scenario with the filth, and the great gorgon!

Edited by toosonmike

Find some competent players to play with or be stuck with some of the servers dumbest potatoes.

7 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The ships have been changed some.

well i saw flamus vid about the PT server event, the million damage battle, That was what i was expecting. Tier 8 at least, with good ships for the fun event, what did we get? a St louis, a nassau and i think a V170. So i was expecting more, than a rehashed last year event. I was more excited about this, than the giveaway ship missions. I actually got online as soon as possible, to check it out. I never get online on update day, due to the issues. So i hope you understand my disappointment, when i saw the tier 3 [edited]

Edited by crazyjr

Also bear in mind that the Zikasa secondary batteries have a 100% fire chance upon hitting. Don’t get too close to them for too long, especially not several, or you will pay dearly for it

Edited by FireAndHEspam

57 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

well i saw flamus vid about the PT server event, the million damage battle, That was what i was expecting. Tier 8 at least, with good ships for the fun event, what did we get? a St louis, a nassau and i think a V170. So i was expecting more, than a rehashed last year event. I was more excited about this, than the giveaway ship missions. I actually got online as soon as possible, to check it out. I never get online on update day, due to the issues. So i hope you understand my disappointment, when i saw the tier 3 [edited]

Nassau, St Louis, and Wakatake. V-170 has the two single firing forward torpedo tubes people tend to forget about. As for the T3, from the pictures as well as last years events this shouldn’t be a surprise to you. Even if you didn’t play the event from the pictures of the ships that were posted you should have been able to tell at least what Igor and Jackel were. 

1 hour ago, crazyjr said:

Then won't you be surprised and happy next week.

1 hour ago, crazyjr said:

What you saw was the second week of the Halloween Operations.  Patience.

Taken from the WoWS website:

Pt. I: Saving Transylvania
Starts with Update 0.6.12 on October 18
Ends with Update 0.6.13

Pt. II: A Sunray Through the Dark (New!)
Starts with Update 0.6.12.1
Ends with Update 0.6.13