You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
minim8greyhound

1600 Base xp tips, earning the revolution

92 comments in this topic

Members
24 posts
1,271 battles

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any pros have some tips on how to more easily earn that 1600 base xp for the "Earning the Revolution" combat mission.

I understand that generally, playing really well earns you more xp.

Is there any ship class that is easiest to earn high base xp?

So far I have tried it on cruisers and destroyers. Highest I have gotten is 1,300 base xp.

Please comment, etc. hopefully this info will not only help me, but others curious about the same thing.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,046 posts
10,456 battles

The higher tier ship you play, the easier it is to get a higher base xp score.  If you only have a tier 5, it will take a very good game - probably a Kraken at the minimum to get 1600 base xp.  At higher tiers the rewards are greater, so at tier 10, solid play with good damage and some kills will get you 1600 base xp in a lot of your wins.  Playing a tier 8 in a tier 10 match will give you more xp because you are bottom tiered in it.  Obviously capping, defending caps, shooting down lots of planes, tanking a lot of damage will add xp besides damage and kills - just the standard stuff.

So yeah, play better or play higher - that's it.

[SOV]
Beta Testers
1,498 posts
5,834 battles

Tier IX-X ships are going to be the way to go for most players. For destroyers, capping points provides a significant boost to experience, although not every destroyer is great at capping or contesting caps. Outside of that specific advice, playing well is about all you can do, just focus on playing for the win (more base experience) and staying alive (sunken guns are forever silenced!). 

Members
440 posts
12,756 battles

OP's highest ships appear to be T6, and one T7 premium. Still doable, just not as easy as higher tiers.

Try to deal lots of damage particularly to destroyers and ships of higher tiers than yourself. Capture points and farm defense ribbons when the enemy tries to capture them.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles

Bid hard with T6. Cap/defend cap as much as you can with a DD or do a lot of damage to DD/other cruisers. If possible higher tiers.

[SF-A]
Members
2,895 posts
5,694 battles

Cruisers and DDs seem to be the best for it. DDs get caps and cruisers can do a lot, especially by way of defending and finishing low-health targets.

[CRMSN]
5,404 posts
3,583 battles
22 minutes ago, minim8greyhound said:

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any pros have some tips on how to more easily earn that 1600 base xp for the "Earning the Revolution" combat mission.

I understand that generally, playing really well earns you more xp.

Is there any ship class that is easiest to earn high base xp?

So far I have tried it on cruisers and destroyers. Highest I have gotten is 1,300 base xp.

Please comment, etc. hopefully this info will not only help me, but others curious about the same thing.

Get yourself bottom tiered in your Gaede or Farragut. 

Get lots of caps, if the caps are too hot play patient and get spotting xp. 

Focus on being low tier with objective control
Defence ribbons 

Spotting damage

Try to out play higher DD's. 

Have a positive attitude, play strategically and smart, and you will hit that mark rather easily :) 

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,321 posts
6,603 battles
Just now, Cobraclutch said:

Get yourself bottom tiered in your Gaede or Farragut. 

Get lots of caps, if the caps are too hot play patient and get spotting xp. 

Focus on being low tier with objective control
Defence ribbons 

Spotting damage

Try to out play higher DD's. 

Have a positive attitude, play strategically and smart, and you will hit that mark rather easily :) 

Don't forget to spam torps at the T8 Battleships and smoke screens, damage against higher Tier ships usually means a crap ton of XP.

[CRMSN]
5,404 posts
3,583 battles
Just now, SireneRacker said:

Don't forget to spam torps at the T8 Battleships and smoke screens, damage against higher Tier ships usually means a crap ton of XP.

Not as much as damage against tier 8 DD's, but yes good advice. 

Anything he does vs higher tier opponents will generally increase his XP payout. 

@OP just make sure you don't go o full donkey.. Which tends to be a lot easier to do when you are bottom tiered. 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
18 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Hop in a T10, have a decent game, and win is the easiest way. 

Considering the OP tops out at tier 6, that's not the most helpful advice you could give. ;)

Others mentioned contesting caps - those defense ribbons are an underestimated source of XP rewards.  But my best advice is, don't play with the 1600 XP as your goal.  When I do that, no matter the mission goal, I always end up short.  Just concentrate on playing well, and the mission will take care of itself.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to try and turn around my current 1 for 13 losing streak (working on the '5 wins' mission for this week and Holy Biscuits but I'm finding every way possible to lose...

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

The most base xp I have ever made in a battle was with the Mahan and it was from taking and defending bases. Maybe that is why it's called base XP because you get a lot of it for taking them.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles

It's been said, but... DD's and Cruisers will probably be your best bet. I've gotten 1600+ xp in a T6 BB before but it required 96k of my own damage, 60k+ tanked and over 2 million potential damage, so it's quite difficult. At least with DDs you can have a greater impact in the early game with securing points for your team (On maps with caps, obviously) and since I can see that you have used the Farragut... that thing is amazing for going into caps. Even if a Japanese DD tries to cap with you, you can kick them out with your superior guns. If you have CE on your captain, that will make it even better!

Just remember though... there's no set way to earn a lot of experience in a single battle. The best advice is to play what you're good at, and comfortable in! Play the objective, and you should do fine. :fish_cute_2:

[LOU1]
Members
3,043 posts
8,128 battles

Capturing bases and defending seem to give better XP than plain damage. Also, the value of damage is not the pure amount, it is based on the percent of the target ship's XP.  6k may be 50% of a DDs hp, and will give you much more XP than the same damage on a BB, which might be only 10% of its HP. That's another reason everyone shoots at a DD.

• Cool 1

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,404 battles

Look's like you have done it before. Use the boat you enjoy and score best with and don't worry about it, it will just happen.  It's very doable, I've done it with Svietlana.

[BNKR]
Members
33 posts
2,630 battles

I've had two games where I got more than 1600 base xp and didn't get anything saying I did it, anyone else have this issue? Theres a pic, if that helps.

20171018_164348.jpg

Members
28 posts
9,118 battles
24 minutes ago, ZER01025 said:

I've had two games where I got more than 1600 base xp and didn't get anything saying I did it, anyone else have this issue? Theres a pic, if that helps.

20171018_164348.jpg

Pretty sure base exp means the exp without counting the premium bonus. So in this example you earned 1175 which isn't over the 1600 required. Could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

• Cool 2

[WOLFB]
Members
1,727 posts
8,256 battles

Honestly, i really think this is probably the hardest challenge for this ship.

Hard.PNG

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

I picked it up in my Belfast.  Took me all night and several 1500+ games that were just short.

shot-17.10.18_23.53.26-0844.jpg

[-IMP-]
Members
3 posts
498 battles

Interestingly enough, today I got 3 games where I surpassed the 1600 XP mark (got 2600 XP one game), but I was using a special Camo to boost my XP, do I need to complete it without a Camo boost or is my game glitched?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

It's base exp.  in the screenshot above, I earned over 3k, but only the 1953 base counts.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,809 posts
10,327 battles

I think winning's likely helpful, unfortunately I've lost 5 in a row, coming top of team 3 times so I'm massively on tilt... stuff this.