Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hulihulichicken

Revolution prem ship guns wildly inaccurate

11 comments in this topic

[D-D-D]
Members
3 posts
1,034 battles

Does anyone else find the guns on the Revolutionary Russian prem. ship wildly inaccurate ?...i find no matter the distance the target is and firing 1 turret at a time, I have a hell of a time trying to hit anything because of the shot spread, i know ppl will say "well fire all guns at the same time", but that's not the point i'm trying to make, situations dictate how many guns to fire, so i'm speaking in manner of single shot groups at a time....what kind of shot groups are u ppl getting per turret ?....are u having a hard time hitting torpedo boats on the move and up close too? or shots landing on both sides of a large target down range because the shots are spread apart so wide ?...i think like real ships the guns should converge at a certain point down range near and far per turret don't you?....what do you think ?...

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

I haven't had any issue with hitting targets, but I'm also always firing salvos. I really don't find that single turret fire is very useful on BBs unless the target is so close to dead a salvo would be a waste of reload time. You're way more of a shotgun than a rifle, except for a few abnormally accurate exceptions. 

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,046 posts
10,472 battles

I think you have 205 battles and it's a bit early for you to judge whether one ship is "wildly inaccurate" or not.  Each ship has an accuracy sigma, both in the horizontal and vertical axis, these are generally balanced by tier, ship type and ship class.  Get a good 2k battles under your belt in different classes and ships, then discuss the accuracy as part of game balance.

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,114 battles

Pretty much what I've come to expect from any T5 BB. No better, no worse.

Thankfully, at low tiers, enemies are willing to close the distance pretty willingly, so unless you're overly passive, it's not too difficult to hit things.

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
564 posts
5,215 battles

That and this topic has been brought up so many times for any other battleship at mid tier. Sometimes when you play battleships you just have to deal with the dispersion that you get, thats why playing battleships can be frustrating to some people. Plus, and you won't only hear this from me, how guns fire in WoWS versus how they should behave in real life are sometimes never close because there is balancing that must go on in game. Granted it would be nice if all shells converged on a single point and were accurate, but if that happened, how much fun would playing anything other than a battleship, something that has low amounts of armor, such as a Atago, or even a Minotaur be?

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles

Uhhh no, under 10km this thing is laser accurate. So accurate that you can see the spacing between the guns, and the turrets reflected in the shell flight path. I routinely erase DD's that let me get a salvo off under 6km.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,143 battles

You have to send dissidents to the Gulag as sacrifice to Stalin to get good accuracy on Russian guns, didn't they tell you that when you joined up? The Dispersion number is meaningless:Smile_izmena:

Spoiler

OK, T5 BBs are shotguns anyway. And no, real and in game shells disperse more with range, as more and more factors affect the trajectory. And yes, often RNG trolls you and lands the shells all around the target. Welcome to BBs.

Beta Testers
1,864 posts
19,068 battles
43 minutes ago, hulihulichicken said:

Does anyone else find the guns on the Revolutionary Russian prem. ship wildly inaccurate ?...i find no matter the distance the target is and firing 1 turret at a time, I have a hell of a time trying to hit anything because of the shot spread, i know ppl will say "well fire all guns at the same time", but that's not the point i'm trying to make, situations dictate how many guns to fire, so i'm speaking in manner of single shot groups at a time....what kind of shot groups are u ppl getting per turret ?....are u having a hard time hitting torpedo boats on the move and up close too? or shots landing on both sides of a large target down range because the shots are spread apart so wide ?...i think like real ships the guns should converge at a certain point down range near and far per turret don't you?....what do you think ?...

You kidding me right her rifles are the greatest a fun Battleship to play also 

• Cool 1

[ML-S]
Members
289 posts
4,162 battles
21 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

OK, T5 BBs are shotguns anyway.

I don’t know, Kongo is pretty accurate.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,143 battles
Just now, Horama said:

I don’t know, Kongo is pretty accurate.

But not great, and only has 8 guns. The Kongo is a good BB though.

Sign in to follow this