Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

Increase Destroyer incentives

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

348
[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

Like making damage on spot points known like in wot. It would help intice people to play them more

Edited by GreyFox78659

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,463
[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,129 battles

Damage upon spotting already exists.

 

Please do your homework before griping on the forums about issues that don't exist.

 

Capture1.JPG

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
331
[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
570 posts
3,356 battles

I agree with this.

if I played how my team wanted me to, I'd end up near the bottom of the XP board.

 

A message to wargaming:

You keep nerfing our offensive ability, yet that is what is rewarded.

I could spend the entire match in a kagerou, spotting enemy ships, yet doing no damage of my own, and never turning a profit.

sure, my winrate would be wonderful, but winrate doesn't pay the bills.

So I have to farm damage.

I'm not trying to be a rockstar, scoring huge damage numbers and getting the praise of my peers.

I'm just trying to be able to afford play the game.

 

1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Damage upon spotting already exists.

 

Please do your homework before griping on the forums about issues that don't exist.

 

Capture1.JPG

it exists. It's undervalued.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,273
[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles

And actually there are often a ton of DDs in battles and their numbers often exceed BBs even.

It's the Cruisers that often are lacking in numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
27 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Like making damage on spot points known like in wot. It would help intice people to play them more

The Fake Forum fox is at it again.

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CVA16]
Members
2,301 posts
9,887 battles

Pretty sure you could spot all game with multiple ships and torps spotted and 100,000 damage done upon you spotting but will still get the "Did-Not-Prove-Yourself" admonishment if you don't land at least one hit on an enemy. WG needs to go beyond a nice tally of spotting damage and make it actually mean something. Like getting one actual point of damage done for every 1000 spotting damage or show how much experience credit the numbers shown actually gave you. Right now it is just a (meaningless?) feel good number.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,807
[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles
5 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And actually there are often a ton of DDs in battles and their numbers often exceed BBs even.

It's the Cruisers that often are lacking in numbers.

I've see it both ways.  Was just in a tier 9 battle in my Sims where I was literally the only DD present.  It really all comes down to what's in the queue at any given instant in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,807
[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Pretty sure you could spot all game with multiple ships and torps spotted and 100,000 damage done upon you spotting but will still get the "Did-Not-Prove-Yourself" admonishment if you don't land at least one hit on an enemy. WG needs to go beyond a nice tally of spotting damage and make it actually mean something. Like getting one actual point of damage done for every 1000 spotting damage or show how much experience credit the numbers shown actually gave you. Right now it is just a (meaningless?) feel good number.

You get a "did not prove yourself" message for not getting any ribbons.  And since spotting doesn't have any ribbon tied to it, you're entirely correct that you could have a lot of spotting of ships and torps and spotting damage, and get that message.  It is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

In WOT I scout a lot because it clearly rewards me for it. In WOWS well yeah in the background somewhere it does maybe. That really needs to be addressed if they what the current meta the continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,265
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:26 AM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And actually there are often a ton of DDs in battles and their numbers often exceed BBs even.

It's the Cruisers that often are lacking in numbers.

That is one of the problems with player driven matchmaking; you can only match what you have in the que. I've seen BB heavy battles (no anything else), CA and CL heavy matches (which I admit are incredibly rare, usually it takes a mission or something to get enough cruiser drivers out to exclude BB's from matches), and DD heavy matches (with and without cruisers, nothing like 6 BB's and 6 DD's), but MM still has the same rules: balance what you got as well as you can.

You gotta know sometimes it's going to suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[RESP]
Beta Testers
889 posts
7,150 battles

I wish damage upon spotting gave the same rewards as WoT.  Scouting in that game rewarded the player quite well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,034 posts
95 battles

Last night I was playing my Yugumo and since I'm grinding task 3 of Yamamoto to get it faster I did "40k spotting damage" task multiple times. One of the matches I ended up with my new record of 204k spotting damage and 90k of my own damage. I then went to compare my rewards with some other games where I had similar damage numbers, but very little spotting damage and it's pretty much the same, very little difference. 

 

And this is given the fact that, same as light tanks in WoT, spotting and scouting is one of the main jobs of a destroyer and yet it's not getting rewarded as it should be.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[3COWS]
Members
102 posts
6,576 battles

DD's are fine, 

 

They are hard to detect, 

They have torpedoes which are also a right pain to detect. 

They are now exclusively protected by smoke so BB's cannot pretend to be over sized DD's 

They have the travel speed of a slow torpedo, others are closer to the actual speed of a torpedo 

The USN DD line got an AA buff, I think the Russians got one too (correct me if I am wrong) 

They are the eyes of the fleet, spotting Fat [edited]BB's at 12 + km depending on concealment. 

There is soon to be a DD line that has torpedoes that only focus BB's and CV's (if you don't like them then don't go down their line)

 

 

However I think they should get more XP for each ship spotted. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
17 minutes ago, Deus_Drone said:

They are the eyes of the fleet, spotting Fat [edited]BB's at 12 + km depending on concealment. 

 

That's the whole idea. The should be the eyes of the fleet, but right now there are no incentives for that. I'd settle for less XP for damage done and more for spotting damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
842 posts
11 hours ago, Deus_Drone said:

DD's are fine, 

 

They are hard to detect, 

They have torpedoes which are also a right pain to detect. 

They are now exclusively protected by smoke so BB's cannot pretend to be over sized DD's 

They have the travel speed of a slow torpedo, others are closer to the actual speed of a torpedo 

The USN DD line got an AA buff, I think the Russians got one too (correct me if I am wrong) 

They are the eyes of the fleet, spotting Fat [edited]BB's at 12 + km depending on concealment. 

There is soon to be a DD line that has torpedoes that only focus BB's and CV's (if you don't like them then don't go down their line)

 

 

However I think they should get more XP for each ship spotted. 

 

 

You've got to be kidding me.

  1. DDs are actually quite easy to detect these days, what with significant changes to various lines' detection and the massive proliferation of radar and hydro. Removal of invis-fire and equipping practically everything with a spotter plane also has significantly reduced DD's ability to hide.
  2. The vast majority of torpedoes can be spotted from the moon. Pretty much every single one gives at LEAST 8 seconds reaction time, and that's if you're sailing along in nice straight lines like a dumb potato.  Again, the proliferation of spotting strategies for torpedoes makes them visible all over the place.  The single-digit hit rate percentages across pretty much every single DD reflects how easy torps are spotted and dodged.
  3. Cruisers get good smoke protection, too.
  4. Only some DDs are fast. Many others can get run down by cruisers, and even fast battleships.
  5. The Russian AA buff was extremely limited, and the US one too.  In both cases, unless you're on one of the DDs that mount DAA, the AA isn't enough to do anything other than kill the random float spotter plane.  Any CV can park a bomber or fighter over you, and you're pretty much perma-spotted for 2 minutes, which is almost always a death sentence if there's anything else in the area.
  6. Yes, but again, DD's don't really get rewarded for this currently, and it's a significant risk to do so.
  7. Deep Water Torpedoes are a gimmick, and their introduction causes more problems than it "fixes".

 

DDs are currently BY FAR the hardest line to play well, even worse than CVs - which is saying something, as the CV interface is completely different and very hard to master.  The game has a very significant "pew-pew-pew" bias, and stealthy ships which only very occasionally cause massive damage don't seem to be fit well into that meta.

 

Edited by EAnybody
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
4,846 battles
15 hours ago, Deus_Drone said:

They are the eyes of the fleet, spotting Fat [edited]BB's at 12 + km depending on concealment. 

 

Correct me if I am wrong but CV's are supposed to be the eyes of the fleet and DD's are supposed to contend the caps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
1 hour ago, Nimitz_1701 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but CV's are supposed to be the eyes of the fleet and DD's are supposed to contend the caps.

 

When CVs are present - yes, they are the eyes of the fleet, but when they aren't there, it's DDs job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
4,846 battles
On 11/14/2017 at 5:19 PM, geser98 said:

 

When CVs are present - yes, they are the eyes of the fleet, but when they aren't there, it's DDs job.

So it sounds like we need to fix Carriers first and then we can balance DD's to do their job of contesting caps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
4 hours ago, Nimitz_1701 said:

So it sounds like we need to fix Carriers first and then we can balance DD's to do their job of contesting caps.

As you sit in the queue hover the cursor over destroyer and remind what it says about destroyers job in battle, or more to the point what it doesn’t say. 

Spoiler

It doesn’t say anything about capping in fact it pretty much says they deliver torpedo attacks and escort larger ships.

 

Edited by GreyFox78659

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×