Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aardvar

Thoughts on Clan Wars

6 comments in this topic

[D-DAY]
[D-DAY]
Members
61 posts
22,840 battles

I wish WG had staggered the four leagues by ship tier.  Say, tier 4 for Squall, with 6, 8, and 10 for the succeeding leagues.  This would have permitted more clan members to experience the dynamics of the matches and could encourage their advance to higher tier ships.  The reduced service costs would be beneficial also.  As a clan advanced up in the leagues, they would need to advance their played ship tiers as well.  Casual non-competitive clans would probably remain in the Squall or Gale leagues - but at least they would be participating.  Presently, only a few of our limited number of qualifying clam members intend to play this season.  A couple simply cannot afford the service costs.

The prime time issue has been discussed by NikoPower.  A morning time - say, 0700 to 1000 - on the NA server would permit many Aussies to play during their evening time.  An additional period from 1300 to 1700 would pick up US day players who work nights or spend their evenings with family.  This period is when we are most likely to have 7 players available based upon our scenarios experience.

Perhaps a new leader position could be established for the clam members also.  Something like Flotilla Leader, providing a player who can assemble and activate a Division for Clan Battles.  Presently, we require several Deputy Commanders to cover this function.  I doubt that was WG's intent.

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles

Low tier is boring. Match action is extremely uninspired. You get naked rentals, take them. lose 30k credits MINIMUM before any modifiers are taken into account on a loss. You gain 120k per win before modifiers. If you seriously can't get by on fixed rewards like that, you have more things to worry about than cb participation.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,624 posts
5,949 battles

I get that we have a number of Australian players, but this is the North American server, so all consideration should be towards times relevant to this side of the Pacific.  If you wanted event times relevant to you, then you should have signed up on SEA.  Otherwise, deal with it.  I put it this way because both of your proposed times are silly, 7-10am really?  Most West people were complaining that the times were too early, not 12 hours too late.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,892 posts
10,457 battles
2 minutes ago, _V12 said:

I get that we have a number of Australian players, but this is the North American server, so all consideration should be towards times relevant to this side of the Pacific.  If you wanted event times relevant to you, then you should have signed up on SEA.  Otherwise, deal with it.  I put it this way because both of your proposed times are silly, 7-10am really?  Most West people were complaining that the times were too early, not 12 hours too late.

What time is cw happening est?

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,211 battles
37 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

What time is cw happening est?

8-11 pm

[D-DAY]
[D-DAY]
Members
61 posts
22,840 battles

I let me reply that I am a US player, not an Aussie.  That said we have Aussies who play with us in the mornings.  I'm not saying that the time should be MOVED.  I'm suggesting 1 or 2 more time frames -  some could be on the days not included in the original setup.

As to Pulicat's post, it's players like you that keep my tier 9 and 10 ships in port.  I'm not enthusiastic about being your fodder.  And while you may find lower tiers boring, what about the other 10,000 players?  Oops, forgot that it's all about you and the other unicums.

Edited by Aardvar

Sign in to follow this