You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
furious_warking_2016

are American BB the best BB line

22 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1,806 battles

To me the American battleships are the best, I have played some Japanese BBs and had displeasure. Not to say their bad but just not for me. To me the American BB steel the cake. I mean yeah their not as fast as others but they can still get pens and other stuff just as well as Germans or Japanese. Once you get past tier five and to six your AA can start to take out entire groups of fighters and bombers. The only thing is in the South Carolina it feels bad and it is, but don't get me wrong, at the same time once you get past the south Carolina to the Wyoming things start to get more fun. since this is a BB line it is going to get expensive so it is a grind for New York. But that goes for all the other BBs and CV lines. The New York was good still though it is not as fun as the Wyoming but a good power house. Again a long ride to new Mexico. With the new Mexico it might seem either a course or a blessing, either way once you get the hull and gun upgrades, OH MY GOSH you get spoiled with shells. Yes it still has got a shorter range, But... I'v taken out tier eights with the New Mexico. Moving on to the Colorado. Shes probably the hardest part of the line. Now let me tell you this it is a damn hard [edited]ship to play slow, bad rang and bad ruder shift time... but on the other hand it can pack a punch if it needs to.  NEEDS to. I just got passed this gall and it was a long bumpy road. But the North Carolina is worth it. I describe the North Carolina a mini Iowa. Great AA, good guns, awesome speed. this is where I sit in the tech tree but from what i see. The Iowa is a good mix. From battles with and against the Iowa i can get citadels vary easily but it can also delete ships to. I don't know much about the Montana only that its both a big target and a big gun boat. That pretty much raps it up. Ill most likely do another review on Japans line of BBs. But that is when i get to the fuso, so it will be another month or two. for now I am just going to grind for the Iowa.    :cap_look::cap_rambo::cap_win:

[INTEL]
Members
6,663 posts
25,754 battles

Mmm. 'K

Just a simple question. Was there any real need for a special font and a wall of text?

Beta Testers
302 posts
2,098 battles
4 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Mmm. 'K

Just a simple question. Was there any real need for a special font and a wall of text?

Deffo not. Period.

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,953 battles
7 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Mmm. 'K

He was trying to disguise his poor grasp of English. Probably a child or something who wanted to stand out.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,237 posts
4,803 battles

But as to the thread title... The answer is No No and No... 

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles

Have you tried brawling in German BBs tier 5 and up? They have excellent Secondaries, good armor, reasonable to good speed, and main guns are good if targets are a range of 16km or less. Also AA is not bad either, although I have heard US BBs get the better AA.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

The answer is No No and No... 

Look!

Up in the sky!

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

NO!

It's SUPEROPINION!

(Faster than a speeding 16 inch shell!)

(More powerful than Stalinium armor!)

(Able to leap to AMAZING CONCLUSIONS IN A SINGLE BOUND!)

IT'S SUPEROPINION! (coming to a supermarket opening near you soon)

• Cool 2

Members
1,019 posts
13,055 battles

Now don't get me wrong as I do love my USN BBs but the German ones are just as fun to play. Not only have I ground out both lines to T10 but both lines have 2 19pt commanders to play with as well. Really can't go wrong grinding up either line.

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,329 battles
2 hours ago, Pulicat said:

He was trying to disguise his poor grasp of English. Probably a child or something who wanted to stand out.

That wall o' text + font my my eyes bleed. 

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,247 posts
3,106 battles
2 hours ago, Pulicat said:

I hope river comes to format up a storm. @RivertheRoyal

TDFKhI9.gif

I have midterms....

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,860 posts
10,641 battles

The best line would really be nothing more than personal opinion based on the line that overall fits your playstyle the best. All the lines have good and bad ships. Really isn't a "best BB line". Not IMOA.

With that said, I find the USN line to be my favorite. I just like it the best and do very well in it. I have played it to T10 so all the ships (standard tech tree anyway). KM BB's are really good too and I enjoy them as well at least through Bismarck. Haven't played T9 or T10 and no real desire to go beyond Bismarck although probably will eventually go for the GK at T10.

Made it to Yamato at T10 in the IJN line just recently. I have to say overall I am not a big fan of IJN BB. I liked Fuso and Yamato seems pretty darn good but not a big  fan of the rest. I actually skipped Izumo entirely as I was so sick of the grind to Yamato and that ship has no appeal to me anyway being all guns forward. I constantly read how Nagato and Amagi are so good yet for me they were awful. Hated them both truthfully. yet I understand those ships can work well for others.  Just not for me. LOL

BRN line I am only to T5 as I have focused more on getting to T10 in US and IJN and T8 in KM. Now that I have done those I will work more on BRN. 

For me there is no best line, or even a worst line, it is about the ones you enjoy playing. For me...

1. USN
  2. KM
  3. BRN
  4. IJN
  • Cool 1

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
13 hours ago, Umikami said:

Look!

Up in the sky!

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

NO!

It's SUPEROPINION!

a speeding 16 inch shell?  wut?  Soo, like a snail has all the time in the world ot simply move out of the way.......

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, KnightFandragon said:

Soo, like a snail has all the time in the world ot simply move out of the way.......

So, can you outrun one?

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

So, can you outrun one?

Yeah, ive done it several times actually......had many AI do the same...

Dat phat, slow lofty [edited]....

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,237 posts
4,803 battles
21 hours ago, Umikami said:

Look!

Up in the sky!

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

NO!

It's SUPEROPINION!

Lol!!  And No! Lol! 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

Lol!!  And No! Lol! 

Great comeback Jim; hang in there and have some great games! See you in a match!

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,128 posts
14,535 battles

IMO, due to how BB gunnery works and how USN BB upgrade slots uniquely work, the USN Battleship line scales very well with the tiers.  The higher in tier you go, they fit the glove of the meta perfectly.

Tier VIII is the Breaking Point.  What is it?  It's prowess of the Main Battery and the shift in a meta where excellence at range is demanded.

Tier VIII is where the USN BB line really starts to shine.

Tier VIII is the last tier where German BB players are regularly smashing faces.

But once you get into Tier IX-X, the complaints about USN BBs drop.

Once you get into Tier IX-X, go ahead and read the German BB subforums.  You'll see that the simple Secondaries focus that the Germans got away with in prior tiers is not working out for the high tier meta where prowess at range is demanded.  The German BB players need to change the way they have played the game to suit High Tier Meta.

Nobody gives a s--t about your 11.3km-11.6km secondaries when everyone is shooting at 16km or more with accuracy and power.  USN 16"/45 and 16"/50 guns respond to the game very well, the latter guns especially so.

And on the rare chance a High Tier CV actually shows up, guess which BB line isn't sh*tting in their pants?

Proof is also found in "Battles" played.  In the last 2 Weeks (excluding Premiums):

Tier VIII

Bismarck 59,975 matches - The most played ship in the game, PERIOD.

North Carolina 51,659 - Not as high as Bismarck but still a significant showing, very high.

Tier IX

Iowa 38,102

FDG 23,352 - Massive dropoff compared to Tier VIII German BB numbers.

Tier X

Montana 35,044

GK 27,294

You can see the dropoff of German BB players once they get past Tier VIII.  To be sure, I think FDG & GK are magnificent BBs, but you need to do some work with them to perform in the high tier meta.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,237 posts
4,803 battles
10 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Great comeback Jim; hang in there and have some great games! See you in a match!

I'm just being silly I was poking fun at OP don't take it so seriously! Thought your response was good too! Lol!

Edited by Jim_Byrnes

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
5 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

don't take it so seriously!

Never!!, was serious about the comeback, and the good luck, so DO have some great games and I WILL see you in the matches! Good Luck!

[DTOM]
Members
93 posts
6,343 battles

I enjoy all the BB lines, but the USN is my favorite.  Sure we are slow, and sometimes sail around like a drunk helmsman...but if Fortune Favors the Bold, and it quite often does while driving an  American Battleship, watch out mates, don't underestimate them with a good Captain at the Helm...one sure way to be DELETED.  American BB's Tier 5 and up including the Premiums carry a Big Stick and with a Captain not afraid to use it... matches can become very interesting.  I'm always asked the question which ship or line is the best?  It depends on a few factors.   As I always tell new players "Know your ship.  Learn what she CAN and CAN'T DO." Know your ship, know your Enemy, and know yourself...play accordingly.