You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MJPIA

Thanks for nerfing Ishizuchi and Mikasa WG

38 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Members
556 posts
8,398 battles

Hyperbolic title yay!

Removed name plates at sterns of Ishizuchi and Mikasa

Before:

nlpyZC5.png?1

After:

4cxN4jG.png?2

Before:

uOugxlE.png?1

After:

yvb3a4d.png?1

And hey if you're gonna strip Mikasa of her name you might as well go all the way and take her nameplate off as well instead of leaving it there reminding us of the glory days.

Gimme my names back dammit!

• Cool 4

[PNP]
Members
131 posts
9,571 battles

Yeah, this kind of nerf to the Mikasa should come with a chance to refund her. I mean, wow. What is the point of owning the ship anymore?

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles

Literally unplayable now.....

But seriously you just got to wonder why they did this, I mean was there a hue and cry from players about the unsightly nameplates? Personally I like having the names on the ships whether it is historical or not. 

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,876 battles

It was a nice detail.  i always smile when I see ALABAMA on the ships' stern.  Not every BB has that.  Now my Ishizuchi is naked.

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

Why in the world did they do this? 

I am beginning to think they like to change things that no one has a problem with to generate "buzz" like most mindless companies try to do nowadays. IMHO it only engenders hostility by a portion of the players (the ones who don't like the change) that will eventually lead to a gigantic middle finger to WG by some players. For most players they probably won't notice or won't care and are happy that WG is "fixing" stuff....

• Cool 1

[IXM]
Members
195 posts
3,445 battles
1 minute ago, TTK_Aegis said:

That is a weird change. Can't imagine why it would be done on purpose. Probably just a bug. 

It was in the patch notes as a legitimate change.  I have no idea why though.

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,574 battles

Cause people thought it read Sakami (it was written backwards, but people didn't bother searching it up).

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
6 minutes ago, Kyralee said:

It was in the patch notes as a legitimate change.  I have no idea why though.

That is absolutely bizarre.... 

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,788 battles

I imagine they didn't get permission from the Japanese to use those names on the models like that. Otherwise why remove them?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralOthuyeg said:

Yeah, this kind of nerf to the Mikasa should come with a chance to refund her. I mean, wow. What is the point of owning the ship anymore?

If they're going to do this kind of nerf, they need to increase her accuracy to compensate.

[PNP]
Members
131 posts
9,571 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

If they're going to do this kind of nerf, they need to increase her accuracy to compensate.

But, how is that even possible? I mean, the Mikasa is already overpowered due to her laser accurate guns. All of the shells always hit the exact point of aim already.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralOthuyeg said:

But, how is that even possible? I mean, the Mikasa is already overpowered due to her laser accurate guns. All of the shells always hit the exact point of aim already.

They just have to have Mikasa start doing "anticipation" damage merely by pointing her guns at the enemy.

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles
48 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Literally unplayable now.....

But seriously you just got to wonder why they did this, I mean was there a hue and cry from players about the unsightly nameplates? Personally I like having the names on the ships whether it is historical or not. 

41 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Why in the world did they do this? 

Wargaming is a Russian  Company so you can just imagine why they pulled IJN markings off the Japanese ships. 

Members
1,936 posts
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Wargaming is a Russian  Company so you can just imagine why they pulled IJN markings off the Japanese ships. 

signed, I know nothing about Russia

I'm sure you aren't aware of this but Russian players have a massive boner for Japanese kit, they make NA weaboos look like amateurs.

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles
22 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

The IJN must have sued them for unauthorized trademark usage. :Smile_Default:

More likely old grudges still run deep and with some things in political climate between Russia and China vs Japan and since Wargaming is Russian Company they would favor somewhat anti Japanese politics, not to mention IJN totally embarrassed Russia in the past as well.

Ever notice that while the world is typically ok with Japan's rising sun flag that their military still uses, China and Japan dint like it so that's why the in game ships do not have the Japanese military flag, just their plain old national flag. 

Members
1,640 posts
7,476 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

China and Japan dint like it so that's why the in game ships do not have the Japanese military flag/

Not sure if that's a typo there, but the current Japanese naval force still uses the same emblem as the IJN.

this ones a nitpick, but its a naval not a military flag. :v 

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles
8 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

How is it a nerf ?

It crushes the IJN spirit in the players that own these ships that's why it's a nerf.