You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

Thanks anyway WG, but I'll be keeping my Mikhail Kutuzov...

26 comments in this topic

Members
1,020 posts
13,055 battles

...and I hope that many current owners do sell her(although that's not likely).

That way as she passes on to being a WoWS legend  a year from now when I take her out all the newer players on the red team will be saying, "Oh hell, isn't that one of the ships that was sooo OP it got removed from sale...we're screwed.":Smile_ohmy:

I've never been a hide and shoot kind of player. For me smoke is something I use to get out of a tight situation so my play in the MK isn't going to change. I only hope to one day be a good enough captain to do her justice.

[INTEL]
Members
6,664 posts
25,767 battles

I'm keeping Kutuzov, Belfast, Perth.

Will they become a rarity in the future? Doubt it.

[PROJX]
Members
970 posts
15,753 battles

Same here - keeping the Kutuzov & Belfast & just adjusting my tactics....just like with my Blyskawica after the stealth firing mechanic removal.

[INTEL]
Members
6,664 posts
25,767 battles

I kept Blyskawica too. Still like it.

As per invisifire loss, the two ships that I liked that lost the most IMO are Blyskawica and Chapayev. Still have them but play them less than I used to.

Edited by alexf24

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles

Considering I got MK for 5 bucks, will keep. Belfast, never gonna give her up...never gonna let her down.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

I have Kutuzov and Belfast ... I also suck at cruisers so neither are even close to OP in my hands.

Members
2,126 posts

It's very tempting to sell them. I don't play them much any ways. I could use all that gold and get a crap ton of free XP when it goes on sale again and prob get them back in santa boxes.

Beta Testers
100 posts
2,219 battles

I wish I owned the Kutuzov or Belfast, both seem to be legends in terms of how overpowered they once were or still are. If someone is willing to gift me their Kutuzov or something plz do :Smile-_tongue:

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
12 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

It's very tempting to sell them. I don't play them much any ways. I could use all that gold and get a crap ton of free XP when it goes on sale again and prob get them back in santa boxes.

I think the Clan Wars format shows where they think the game SHOULD be class-wise - which looks a lot like the Holy Trinity from MMOs ... the Halloween event exemplifies that thought process as those modified ships do indeed have healers.

In other words, they might be worth holding on to if they try drastic balance changes that push people towards cruisers. We all know BB are the most played class by a LOT.

Edited by w4spl3g

[PROJX]
Members
970 posts
15,753 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

I have them as well as hemorrhoids, can't get rid of any of them.

Lol!...(& TMI at the same time...)

[TF16B]
Modder
657 posts
6,892 battles

I'm keeping all of them...any smoke is better than no smoke at all, when you need to bug out. I also remember all the whining, gnashing of teeth and renting of clothing over RDF and other changes to the game, that have occurred in the past. The dire predictions, espoused by the vociferous, seldom materialize...this will be no different.

Edited by USNA_76

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,790 battles

I'd be more tempted to keep them if I had the option to replace smoke with repair party. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
1 hour ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

...and I hope that many current owners do sell her(although that's not likely).

That way as she passes on to being a WoWS legend  a year from now when I take her out all the newer players on the red team will be saying, "Oh hell, isn't that one of the ships that was sooo OP it got removed from sale...we're screwed.":Smile_ohmy:

I've never been a hide and shoot kind of player. For me smoke is something I use to get out of a tight situation so my play in the MK isn't going to change. I only hope to one day be a good enough captain to do her justice.

I already have Nikolai for that.  Spoiler Alert:  Being one of the "chosen few" just gets you singled out.

But Kutuzov I got in a SC.  I've only played her a few times.  Meh.  So I will sell her if they give me her doubloon value instead.

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,088 posts
7,656 battles

I got lucky and got Kutuzov from the Christmas presents event.  So now I can sell him for doubloons which I can use to buy a ship I actually want.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

Planning to sell MK but keeping Belfast and Perth due to the fact they're gift ships that was given to me by other players. It just feel wrong to sell them for doubloons, it like a slap to their faces. But hey, at least i got MK for free through a forum contest :cap_haloween:

Members
1,459 posts
12,332 battles

Have both the Kut and Belfast - leaning towards selling the Kut.  Almost 8 km bloom will have an impact, mostly on the 20 to 30% of the time you need to do a defensive smoke, depending on situation you just need to sit instead of firing out. Don't think this is a major nerf, but the real reason so sell the ship is the mess that is tier 8.  I play the Kut once or twice a week, and every time get up tiered into a tier 10 match.  Now the Kut is competitive, but I just get tired that it is every time.  If I wanted to play tier 10, I have lots of great tier 10/9 ships to jump into, and do.  Kut has pretty good credit earnings, but really every time tiered up two...Just tired of the tier 8 match making overall ( last night grinding NO and Monarch, one game in each, both uptiered to 10), so instead of having this premium sitting in port, will turn into doubloons and if I feel like starting fires from smoke, will take out the tier 7 Belfast.

[ERN]
Members
605 posts
8,301 battles

I have the Kutuzov in my fleet, if WG intends to permanently remove them from the premium shop, I won't sell mine. Especially since she's one of my flag ships in the game.

[PS1HQ]
Members
621 posts

I have this boat but haven't played it much.  gonna run some games in it and see how I do and I'll make my decision from there.  the dubloons would help my quest for the missouri greatly - which I know I'll play.