Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Doomlock

Duca degli Abruzzi on the way! WiP

43 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Hi guys!

So this was posted on the Dev Blog this morning:

Looks really nice. I definitely can't wait for her. :Smile_great:

Credit to @Nuk_ for pointing this out.

Fair winds and following seas captains! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
970 posts
15,744 battles

Does this mean the Italian Cruiser line is on-deck for 2018?  Would that make it...

Italian cruisers

French BBs

USN Cruiser line split

...for 2018?

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
1 minute ago, hangglide42 said:

Does this mean the Italian Cruiser line is on-deck for 2018?  Would that make it...

Italian cruisers

French BBs

USN Cruiser line split

...for 2018?

Italian cruisers are later. The next line after the PA DDs are the French BBs.

[PROJX]
Members
970 posts
15,744 battles
Just now, Doomlock said:

Italian cruisers are later. The next line after the PA DDs are the French BBs.

From the timing of the leaked info, I would agree -

I kinda wonder tho - WG has a habit of trying to make a big splash w/ its most anticipated line around Gamescon in late Aug.  In 2016, this was the German BB line; In 2017, this was the UK BB line & a rushed release of the Graf Zepplin.  Would this affect the ordering of the line releases (i.e. which would make the biggest splash)?

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
3 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

From the timing of the leaked info, I would agree -

I kinda wonder tho - WG has a habit of trying to make a big splash w/ its most anticipated line around Gamescon in late Aug.  In 2016, this was the German BB line; In 2017, this was the UK BB line & a rushed release of the Graf Zepplin.  Would this affect the ordering of the line releases (i.e. which would make the biggest splash)?

None of the info is actually leaked, it's officially posted on the WoWs FB for the French.

But as to the rest, I don't know. We know from late last year that the RU BBs were pushed at least to 2018 and that 2018 would also be the earliest we'd see the US cruiser split.

Plus the Italians are on the board for next year, so keep an eye out.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,258 posts
2,029 battles

Well...

Wow, ok then. More than a little confusing. 35 knots? 10.8 km detection? 8 rpm? Tier VII? And if it's a premium... Why not Garibaldi? Don't tell me they're waiting for 135mm autos and terrier missiles!

Also... I guess we're seeing a CA line for Italy, if all the higher-up class-leading CLs are winding up as premiums...?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
7,258 posts
2,029 battles

Well, I wonder if this is going to be even more of a DD nightmare than d'Aosta. She's a knot and a half slower (can be remedied with a speed flag, although 36.75 knots still isn't 38.3 knots lol), but with CE her detection radius will be 9.2 km :Smile_ohmy:.

Plus two more barrels, with uber-high velocity HE and an extra km of range. AP, sadly, will be weaker than that on d'Aosta...

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,113 battles

Another Italian cruiser premium?

Would have preferred an Italian DD for training purposes, but I'm not complaining.

[HINON]
7,258 posts
2,029 battles
13 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Another Italian cruiser premium?

Would have preferred an Italian DD for training purposes, but I'm not complaining.

Tbh, the DD line is way too far off to worry about, probably late 2019 at the earliest. I wouldn't sweat it. 

If what I think is going on here is going on... Well, this thing is going to be a DD murderer.

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,113 battles
7 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

If what I think is going on here is going on... Well, this thing is going to be a DD murderer.

Based on what stats/evidence?

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

10 x 152mm guns with 995m/s velocity with a 7.5s reload, and a 25.7s traverse speed.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,113 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

10 x 152mm guns with 995m/s velocity with a 7.5s reload, and a 25.7s traverse speed.

Noice!

I didn't check up on the stats, so thanks for sharing :cap_like:

For balance purposes, does that mean that they may have poor penetration values against heavily armored targets, like BBs?

Edited by Ace_04

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Noice!

I didn't check up on the stats, so thanks for sharing :cap_like:

For balance purposes, does that mean that they may have poor penetration values against heavily armored targets, like BBs?

They are definitely not heavy hitting, 2,100 damage, but IFHE can help that. Fire chance was not given, but, her AP has 3,100 damage with 910m/s velocity. Plus 2 x 3 torpedo launchers, (d'Aosta's torps).

[HINON]
7,258 posts
2,029 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Just now, Doomlock said:

^This here, coupled with the fact the thing is gonna go 35 knots (!), has a detection radius that can be dropped to a mere 9.2 km... And... While this is just me throwing around something that's possible...

Abruzzi was one of the few Italian cruisers that was fitted with a radar before the armisitice.

Look at that picture again. Look at the mast.

The way I look at this, why would they bother putting so many extra buffs on her (RoF, speed, turret traverse, insane detection), and in fact use her instead of her much more famous sister (Garibaldi), especially when Abruzzi was a class leader? The class fits best a tier VI, buffing it to make it work at tier VII doesn't make much sense...

Well, Garibaldi didn't get radar until after the armisitice, when she served with the Allies. And radar doesn't happen below tier VII in-game.

Keep in mind, this is just me speculating based off of the evidence above. We don't have any info from WG that tells us that it does/does not have radar.

[INTEL]
Members
8,587 posts
25,725 battles
19 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Holy laser rifles Batman!

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Also, from last night:

22528696_1122658914531877_89419566736511

and another from this morning: 

[HINON]
7,258 posts
2,029 battles

A French DD? Oh, I'm interested!

T-61... wasn't that one of the torpedo boats/light DDs based off of Dutch designs? It looks like quite a fun ship

[SEP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

I ... want ... maps !  not only ships !!!! :fish_boom:

Edited by Pata1985

[VVV]
Members
2,422 posts
5 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

T-61... wasn't that one of the torpedo boats/light DDs based off of Dutch designs?

It was. A Flottentorpedoboot 1940 built in occupied Dutch yards for the Kriegsmarine. T-61 was the closest of them to completion; she was launched in June 1944 and sunk by Allied torpedo bombers 3 months later en route to Germany for fitting out.

Sign in to follow this