Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Man but those Russian DDs are Fast!

8 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,362 posts
8,983 battles

I spied a Kiev with my Cleveland just now, led the customary 10 on the dynamic scale, and let go a salvo. No result. I didn't see where the shots landed as I was targeting some planes at the time. I returned my view to the Kiev and aimed again, the shots fell behind. I went to 15 on the scale, the shots fell behind. I then tried 20... and got blown up by a BB that had targeted me while I was messing around trying to figure out the lead on the stupid Kiev. Man but those Russian DDs are fast! 

[RLGN]
Members
8,310 posts
17,372 battles
22 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Man but those Russian DDs are fast! 

You get used to it... (or you get sunk a lot...)

Don't generally fight that far away any more, but used to take pot-shots a destroyers so far away the required lead meant they were off my screen... sailing in a straight line and thinking they're safe... I've even had a few hits.

Members
1,158 posts
6,955 battles

yea they are fast.  they are fun to play.   It takes some practice to shoot them, as they are faster than the rest of the ships in the game by a fair amount.

you really dont want to be fighting RU DDs at range in a cleve.  they can hit you far easier than you can them.(and they can have the same firing range as you roughly)

[DD214]
Members
758 posts

The Kiev, Tash and Khab are all fun and fast. This is an example. The fun part was burning up the two that tried to chase me. Too bad we lost that game...59e7341560e19_khabawards.thumb.jpg.64084a347ae94dc6334897711a301f0f.jpg

[-K-]
Members
5,315 posts
9,141 battles

They are even more pesky with the special speed boost module equipped.  Gives them something like a 3 minute speed boost.

Trying to hit a Kiev in a Cleveland is almost futile if you are more than 12km away.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Considering the Kiev has 42.5 knots top speed, 44.5 at least with boost, yeah, she's pretty fast. 

Sign in to follow this