You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TankerDude175

Ships going bye bye?????

28 comments in this topic

[GGAD]
Members
7 posts
551 battles

Ok here is what i don't get......WHY THE F ARE THEY GETTING RID OF THREE VERY GOOD SHIPS FROM PURCHASE!!!!! IM REALLY STARTING TO GET ANNNONYED WITH PEOPLE COMPLAINING THAT CERTAIN SHIPS NEED TO BE TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME. SERIOUSLY GROW UP!!! AND DEAL WITH IT

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
564 posts
4,789 battles

Man, you need to chill a bit. Things go out of sale all the time, and this was pretty warranted. 

Seriously, grow up and deal with it.

Alpha Tester
1,070 posts
4,500 battles

The move comes from the fiscally sound practice of rotation; not complaining. By removing them from the shop for a set period of time WG effectively drives up sales by announcing their removal, makes players more likely to buy other premium ships currently offered in their absence, frees up space for new premium content and drives sales again when they announce their inevitable return. It might take a year but you will see them again. In the mean time there will be other premium ships available for purchase.

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,199 posts
9,896 battles
11 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

The move comes from the fiscally sound practice of rotation; not complaining. By removing them from the shop for a set period of time WG effectively drives up sales by announcing their removal, makes players more likely to buy other premium ships currently offered in their absence, frees up space for new premium content and drives sales again when they announce their inevitable return. It might take a year but you will see them again. In the mean time there will be other premium ships available for purchase.

^^ This!:fish_book:

Members
2 posts
2,312 battles

I'm hating this...one of the ships I was planning on getting (this friday when I get my bonus check) is going by-by, wish they had given more notice this was gonna happen! Due to my job, I'm on the road a lot and don't have time to get to a computer - it would have been nice for more notice, well I guess when it comes back my skills will have improved and will be more dangerous to the DD and BB drivers out there. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,304 posts
6,575 battles

While the Motivation to remove These ships from the shop was not Player complaints, the Belfast and especially the Kutuzow are two ships that were way too good for the sake of the game.

Think Im only talking crap? Compare Kutuzow to Chapayev and please tell me why Kutuzow is allowed to be a straight upgrade from Chapayev. And Belfast is one of the only two ships in the game that has the ability to smoke and Radar at the same time. And the other ship is the Black, which is rare as hell.

And ships that are too strong are likely to be removed from the store. Ask Imperator Nikolai, ask Gremy, ask Kamikaze (R)/Fujin. And that is good.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,349 posts
12,081 battles
36 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

While the Motivation to remove These ships from the shop was not Player complaints, the Belfast and especially the Kutuzow are two ships that were way too good for the sake of the game.

Think Im only talking crap? Compare Kutuzow to Chapayev and please tell me why Kutuzow is allowed to be a straight upgrade from Chapayev. And Belfast is one of the only two ships in the game that has the ability to smoke and Radar at the same time. And the other ship is the Black, which is rare as hell.

And ships that are too strong are likely to be removed from the store. Ask Imperator Nikolai, ask Gremy, ask Kamikaze (R)/Fujin. And that is good.

Belfast, Black, and Flint have both.

I believe you're right on why they are being removed. The smoke detection changes are giving them a reason to do so without outright saying they are Op ships.

[SOV]
Members
382 posts
6,423 battles

there are always supercontainers :Smile_teethhappy:

Spoiler

where i got my Kutu from. kek.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,102 posts
2 hours ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

Who are you? Warbeasty or somthing ?

Speak not the annoying one's name, lest he appear.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,304 posts
6,575 battles
56 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Belfast, Black, and Flint have both.

I believe you're right on why they are being removed. The smoke detection changes are giving them a reason to do so without outright saying they are Op ships.

Belfast and Black? Yes. Flint? No. Flint only has DCP, DF/Hydro and Smoke.

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
968 posts
15,696 battles

Hey Folks - while the OP discussions have been ongoing for a long time wrt the Belfast and Kutuzov (Perth, not really)....

The primary reason WG is removing these specific Premium ships is due to the smoke mechanic change that is being introduced into 6.12 that greatly affects the tactics involving these ships, tho the OP nature of two of these ships came into play (you could argue the smoke meta is what created most of the OP situation, tho).  Since players spent real money on Premiums, this is akin to a vendor, after you had bought a product, seriously messing w/ what you purchased - so WG has also coupled a refund policy (in doubloons) if you purchased these particular ships and you have several weeks to take advantage of the refund.  For this period, if you decide the change would have affected your original purchase decision, you can sell the 3 ships in-game and get the price equivalence in doubloons.

The reason the sale period is literally one day, tho, is because WG didn't want to compound the refund issue even more.  As a result, they gave us a chance to buy it one last time, but they really don't want any more players to own these ships and be subject to the refund policy.

You still will be able to get these ships in Supercontainers and probably Xmas Crates.  WG has stated that the Perth may posibly reemerge for sale in the future.  For the other two ships, it's unlikely and will probably be treated like the Gremy, Nikolai, Kamikaze/Kami-R/Fujins.  This is because once additional data is collected on these ships in-game under the new smoke mechanic, WG may decide to release the Perth, but possibly repriced.  Based on WGs statement about possibly reselling Perth in the future, they may feel that the smoke change affects this ship the least and repricing may not have to happen.   With the other 2 OP ships that were very heavily dependent on smoke for a fair chunk of OP, WG may be anticipating they would need to be repriced if resold under the new smoke mechanics....which would introduce another incremental refund policy if that were to happen (i.e. players owning the ship would complain that new purchasers get the same ship cheaper).  As a result, the easiest thing for WG to do is to treat these 2 like the past OP ships aforementioned and remove the possibility of new purchases.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,349 posts
12,081 battles
31 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Belfast and Black? Yes. Flint? No. Flint only has DCP, DF/Hydro and Smoke.

I stand corrected! Always thought Flint was an Atlanta with smoke - which meant radar. Now I know better. Thanks

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
36 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

WG may be anticipating they would need to be repriced if resold under the new smoke mechanics....which would introduce another incremental refund policy if that were to happen (i.e. players owning the ship would complain that new purchasers get the same ship cheaper).  As a result, the easiest thing for WG to do is to treat these 2 like the past OP ships aforementioned and remove the possibility of new purchases.

Well beg to differ... their intent is not to complicate their lives. Those two were, per WG, permanently removed. When they say that, usually (meaning most often, in most cases, almost always) they do not bring it back on the market. They will sometimes be gifted as part of a contest or as others have suggested, maybe in Christmas gift boxes.

As they are offering doubloons to those of us who have the ships in lieu of us keeping something that (in some folks eyes) has been neutered/spayed by the smoke changes, they clearly have no intent of selling them again.

If they are going to to anything, it will be done after some period of time and lots of peering at data. regarding the ships. I would expect a possibility of solid buffs, especially to the Belfast compared to the MK, simply because she has no long range torps. 

[PROJX]
Members
968 posts
15,696 battles
6 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well beg to differ... their intent is not to complicate their lives. Those two were, per WG, permanently removed. When they say that, usually (meaning most often, in most cases, almost always) they do not bring it back on the market. They will sometimes be gifted as part of a contest or as others have suggested, maybe in Christmas gift boxes.

As they are offering doubloons to those of us who have the ships in lieu of us keeping something that (in some folks eyes) has been neutered/spayed by the smoke changes, they clearly have no intent of selling them again.

If they are going to to anything, it will be done after some period of time and lots of peering at data. regarding the ships. I would expect a possibility of solid buffs, especially to the Belfast compared to the MK, simply because she has no long range torps. 

Herr - when you comment on a past post - please post the entire relevant parts of the quote - when you don't and distort what was said for your 10 sec of forum fame it's misleading and uncool - thanks!

Here's the full post comment that makes a lot of your same points.

50 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

Hey Folks - while the OP discussions have been ongoing for a long time wrt the Belfast and Kutuzov (Perth, not really)....

The primary reason WG is removing these specific Premium ships is due to the smoke mechanic change that is being introduced into 6.12 that greatly affects the tactics involving these ships, tho the OP nature of two of these ships came into play (you could argue the smoke meta is what created most of the OP situation, tho).  Since players spent real money on Premiums, this is akin to a vendor, after you had bought a product, seriously messing w/ what you purchased - so WG has also coupled a refund policy (in doubloons) if you purchased these particular ships and you have several weeks to take advantage of the refund.  For this period, if you decide the change would have affected your original purchase decision, you can sell the 3 ships in-game and get the price equivalence in doubloons.

The reason the sale period is literally one day, tho, is because WG didn't want to compound the refund issue even more.  As a result, they gave us a chance to buy it one last time, but they really don't want any more players to own these ships and be subject to the refund policy.

You still will be able to get these ships in Supercontainers and probably Xmas Crates.  WG has stated that the Perth may posibly reemerge for sale in the future.  For the other two ships, it's unlikely and will probably be treated like the Gremy, Nikolai, Kamikaze/Kami-R/Fujins.  This is because once additional data is collected on these ships in-game under the new smoke mechanic, WG may decide to release the Perth, but possibly repriced.  Based on WGs statement about possibly reselling Perth in the future, they may feel that the smoke change affects this ship the least and repricing may not have to happen.   With the other 2 OP ships that were very heavily dependent on smoke for a fair chunk of OP, WG may be anticipating they would need to be repriced if resold under the new smoke mechanics....which would introduce another incremental refund policy if that were to happen (i.e. players owning the ship would complain that new purchasers get the same ship cheaper).  As a result, the easiest thing for WG to do is to treat these 2 like the past OP ships aforementioned and remove the possibility of new purchases.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,304 posts
6,575 battles
42 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I stand corrected! Always thought Flint was an Atlanta with smoke - which meant radar. Now I know better. Thanks

Thankfully she isn't. Poor DDs :Smile_teethhappy:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
4 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

Herr - when you comment on a past post - please post the entire relevant parts of the quote - when you don't and distort what was said for your 10 sec of forum fame it's misleading and uncool - thanks!

Here's the full post comment that makes a lot of your same points.

Uhm... I did quote the part that was relevant to my post, the part with which I disagree. Forum fame? :cap_haloween: Seriously? :cap_haloween: Guess I offended you eh? Sorry. And thanks! 

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,645 battles
4 hours ago, TankerDude175 said:

Ok here is what i don't get......WHY THE F ARE THEY GETTING RID OF THREE VERY GOOD SHIPS FROM PURCHASE!!!!! IM REALLY STARTING TO GET ANNNONYED WITH PEOPLE COMPLAINING THAT CERTAIN SHIPS NEED TO BE TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME. SERIOUSLY GROW UP!!! AND DEAL WITH IT

Game balance, comrade.

Belfast was borderline OP. I personally dealt with her fine, but I can understand how frustrating she would be for less experienced players. Perth and Kutuzov seem balanced but I assume WG is working from data. 

[PROJX]
Members
968 posts
15,696 battles
7 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Uhm... I did quote the part that was relevant to my post, the part with which I disagree. Forum fame? :cap_haloween: Seriously? :cap_haloween: Guess I offended you eh? Sorry. And thanks! 

The problem is you selectively quoted a section but omitted the entire explanation that provided a context for the comment - which changes the intent & meaning of the statement.   In a legal context this is akin to a “lie of omission” changing perception due to leaving important details out.

When you comment on a subject post, leaving relevant context out when you comment can lead to confusion because you’re commenting on something that is missing its relevant context which was key in this case (and gave you the reason for your comment, hence my 10sec if fame comment).

Edited by hangglide42

Members
142 posts
3,843 battles

The vid says that those ships will also be setup for a 6 week time window where you can sell them for the full value, if you are not satisfied with the performance after changes. Where was this in 0.6.3, when they removed Stealth firing and the Blys was specifically advertised, for it's stealth firing capabilities? Wish i could sell my Sims and Blys for port slots for BB's thanks to 0.6.3. F U Wargaming

Edited by crazyjr

[PLPTR]
Members
3 posts
14 hours ago, crazyjr said:

The vid says that those ships will also be setup for a 6 week time window where you can sell them for the full value, if you are not satisfied with the performance after changes. Where was this in 0.6.3, when they removed Stealth firing and the Blys was specifically advertised, for it's stealth firing capabilities? Wish i could sell my Sims and Blys for port slots for BB's thanks to 0.6.3. F U Wargaming

Wish I could sell port slots... so many empty ones from containers and the like

[LOU1]
Members
3,018 posts
8,124 battles
15 hours ago, crazyjr said:

The vid says that those ships will also be setup for a 6 week time window where you can sell them for the full value, if you are not satisfied with the performance after changes. Where was this in 0.6.3, when they removed Stealth firing and the Blys was specifically advertised, for it's stealth firing capabilities? Wish i could sell my Sims and Blys for port slots for BB's thanks to 0.6.3.

Maybe they learned a lesson from the stealth firing debacle...

Members
1,539 posts
8,168 battles

Hey

I for one think all of this smoke firing stuff is over rated from a bb perspective as I rarely see a BB camping in smoke and he couldn't do it unless someone laid a smoke cloud for him.  Maybe a better solution would have been just have a shorter duration smokes for DD's and cruisers who use smoke, but too late now.  As for the the Kutuzov and Belfast, neither are OP if you learn to counter them; a bigger issue is the RN cruiser with insane ROF sitting in smoke and firing (Minotaur) or the RN BB's spamming HE and at several tiers having fire chances of 15% better than their next competitor.  Seems like the more Wargaming balances stuff and the next ship line that comes out, the more unbalanced the game gets.  Power creep is the biggest issue to the game IMHO.  Just look at the once heralded Atago, short range guns, slow reload, poor citadel, or Hipper/Prinz eugen with their slow reload and no real traits to set them apart and the list goes on, German DD issues, CV carrier play (Poor Graf Zeppelin).  Let people deal with the mechanics by getting better and fix ships before being released, but don't pull them because people whine.

Pete

Members
6,903 posts
7,508 battles
On 10/18/2017 at 2:20 AM, TankerDude175 said:

Someone apparently missed where WG literally said why they were removing them.

Reading, as always, is OP. Teachers, you obviously haven't nerfed it enough.