You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zuga_01

Question for tier 8-10 ship owners

20 comments in this topic

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,470 battles

Players with tier 8 to 10 ships (except cvs), do you always get your server average damage in all random battles? Like not a single match whether win or loss, you die before doing average damage or the match ends?

Edited by zuga_01

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles

... what? 

Average damage by definition means you're going to have games that are so far below that number that it equalizes your good games. 

• Cool 2

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,332 posts
6,609 battles

Unfortunately I sometimes manage to die very early. Like 15k once in Hindenburg, or an unlucky Detonation in Prinz Eugen before I was able to deal any damage.

Bad games happen to any of us, and I wouldn't worry about it.

Alpha Tester
3,327 posts

If your talking about being in teir 8 and you are seeing your average damage going down, it's because your seeing more experienced teir 10 drivers. Most of those have maxed and optomised captains, know the maps by heart, know how to angle and move, know where to aim to put the most steel on your ship, and on top of that Tier 10 is a bit of a jump in effective firepower, especially when you go up to teir 9 and the teir 10 ship shelling you is suddenly not over penning you as much, is droping more hits around your citadel, and knows when to swap ammo.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

I usually take a lot of risk when I play the game. So it kinda differs. Pretty often below 10k attack though :P

I also have the bad habbit of giving up when my team prefers to sail from cap to cap instead of taking it. So below 10k is pretty normal for me when I play a tier 10 BB or cruiser.

Edited by joris92

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
55 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Unfortunately I sometimes manage to die very early. Like 15k once in Hindenburg, or an unlucky Detonation in Prinz Eugen before I was able to deal any damage.

Bad games happen to any of us, and I wouldn't worry about it.

This really.

Now some classes probably have a much larger StD around their average. DDs can get blown in the first 3 mins or be the last ship in the game. BBs are probably more consistent because they cannot quite be deleted in one go. So they stick to the game.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,209 posts
14,630 battles

av·er·age

"a number expressing the central or typical value in a set of data, in particular the mode, median, or (most commonly) the mean, which is calculated by dividing the sum of the values in the set by their number."

[RKLES]
Members
7,231 posts
9,028 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

How come people like to be called normal but not average?

I guess it might have to do with how low some people's IQ can be making an average lower than what may be considered normal lol.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,159 battles

The metric I shoot for is average base xp per match. If things go wrong, or right, did I help my Team? Did I improve our chances?  

I'm generally below average state wise, but always trying to improve, to be a positive factor. 

Sometimes that's the best you can do. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,421 posts
9,614 battles

Quick answer:  DILLIGAF

Found out a while back that those 'server averages' on most stat sites are only for those who check their stats.

I even tested it using a Krasny Krym for 20 battles in two days.  According to WTR, only 12 people played more than 10 games on that ship in that week, and I wasn't on the list. 

So I think my stats weren't counted.

Simple enough to try..  Pick a rarely used ship and run >10 games -- see if you show up.

[INTEL]
Members
8,599 posts
25,764 battles
3 hours ago, zuga_01 said:

Players with tier 8 to 10 ships (except cvs), do you always get your server average damage in all random battles? Like not a single match whether win or loss, you die before doing average damage or the match ends?

You mean the NA server average for a particular ship? Yes, I usually exceed the NA server average damage for all my high tier ships, with a couple of frustrating exceptions. This is not because I am a good player, but because if I don't, over time, I get rid of that ship. Thus, the ships I keep are ones I can play reliably well.

Like everyone else said, the only time I don't reach that average is if I potato and die early (almost never in BBs, embarrassingly, sometimes in DDs) or, more commonly, when the match ends early because one side collapses.

That latter outcome is quite common, sometimes I will have three-four games in a row in which the match ends too early to reach the server average.

Thus, my hat is off to those players in, say, Montana, who have averages of 140k damage a game. That is astounding to me. If I play the whole match and the game is tight, I will easily reach 150-180K damage in Montana, relatively more in Conk. But rarely do I put together a string of matches like that.

Usually what happens with Montana (for example) is that in one match I do 170K damage and 4 kills, and then the next match ends in the 11th minute with 80K damage and no kills. For example, in Kiev yesterday I played three games: a long loss with 117K damage and 1 kill, a collapse victory with 26K damage and no kills, and a 60K collapse with 1 kill. Similarly, in Kutuzov yesterday I had a 118K damage game  and 2 kills in a loss, followed by a 71K damage victory that was never in doubt.

Hope this helps.

• Cool 1

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
676 posts
12,407 battles

Ye forgot average dmg i know stats and focus game. When i exp DD Japan line sometimes have 0 dmg and spotting whole game. Or when US exp bonus it was time exp Essex and while i spot with planes my stats go down to red as you see. So ye play the game not stats.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,473 posts
8,148 battles

Depends on the ship.

Bismarck, Tirpitz, Edi, Hipper are all under, hipper pretty badly. Kagero slightly over. Takao and NC are under. Ognevoi slightly over. Iowa and Freddy well under. 

But Iowa and Freddy well, my first 3 of the the couple matches I had I was deleted early due to being spawned basically alone and not able to join the lemming train as the whole enemy team came down on me and things like that. Also stock grinds always suck. The matches after... weren't much better in luck (shima fired a skill wall at a DD that ended up catching me broadside angling against a BB with no time to mitigate enough damage)

The rest well, various reasons for it with the funny part being that as much as I'm not doing as much damage - most of those ships, if not all, my MBH and TH are actually above the server averages. I'm hitting things, just apparently not hard enough. Or I don't get time to actually deal damage as one team steam rolls the other.

Either way in a match, my minimum goal is either A: my HP dealt in damage or B: take someone with me.

[O_O]
Members
4,432 posts
9,616 battles

This obviously isn't a serious question.  What is the intent of it?

[CYPHR]
[CYPHR]
Members
125 posts
8,747 battles

no

some games are good some u die fast 

if u have several ships focus fire on u u die fast and your attack  will be low

u make your avarige by  getting good battles to compencate for the bad one