You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jake_Miller_67

Tier X DDs need nerfing.

36 comments in this topic

[DUDS]
Members
74 posts
6,985 battles

I don’t “troll”, but I do tend to rant a little.  My apologies for griping, but it was interesting to see so many responses: people clearly are passionate about their game and this particular topic.  I believe that a limiting factor of some kind needs to be applied to prevent what I have witnessed a few times (no, not all the time...I’m not an idiot expecting the game to fix me) and skews what is otherwise a fun game to play.  Perhaps, at least initially, some greater visibility to allow the opposing team to at least see where the DDs are starting so they can be a bit more prepared for the oncoming torp assault?  Either that or easier ability to detect as the match goes on.  Something please to give a bit more balance would be nice.  

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,652 posts
17,138 battles
12 hours ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

I played a match a few days ago where two Montanas on the other side didn’t even waste their time moving from the open as three of their four DDs SPAWNED within torp range of all of our BBs!  Not kidding, not 1 minute in and three of our ships were gone.

This is a lie, a blatant and obvious lie, as tier 10 torps won't even load in one minute, let alone load, fire, get to 3 BB's, and sink all 3.

This entire statement is impossible under the existing game mechanics, and utterly ridiculous.

• Cool 1

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
571 posts
3,415 battles
1 hour ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

Perhaps, at least initially, some greater visibility to allow the opposing team to at least see where the DDs are starting so they can be a bit more prepared for the oncoming torp assault? Either that or easier ability to detect as the match goes on.  Something please to give a bit more balance would be nice.  

Hahahahaha no.

How about we see where all the radar ships start? that way we can be prepared for the spotting bubble.

How about we see where the battleships are, so we can angle towards that so we don't get citadel-ed?

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
938 posts
7,790 battles

Khaba is the only T10 DD I find to be absurd. Give it a citadel, and stick it in the cruiser line where it belongs. Play against a division of those=instant loss. 

Edited by HeathenForay

[EASY]
Members
85 posts
On 10/18/2017 at 7:27 AM, abyssofthetriffid said:

The 2km spot range is utterly broken i had a scharn pop up from my ship undetected at approx 50 feet away.

Unless he has one of those mods -- strictly for enhancing his visuals - not to cheat or anything.

[PVE]
Members
9,549 posts
16,978 battles

OP you are just opening yourself up for criticism if you dare suggest anything negative at all about DD's on this site and/or post anything that implies BB's have trouble with something.  It is ok to post and trash BB's and those who play them and it is ok to post about how unfair it is as a DD player. Those topics are ok. Whatever you do though don't reverse it in anyway or you will get jumped. Just how it is on the forums.

Now it is my turn to get jumped for pointing that out...LOL

[SPTR]
Members
26,821 posts
13,700 battles

Another day, another ship type to vent about,

its DD's turn to be loathed at unfortunately this is a regular occurrence as they are a hard counter to BBs if you take away the unicum controlled cruisers, radar ships even at least players with good awareness from the equation.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,786 posts
7,767 battles
47 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

OP you are just opening yourself up for criticism if you dare suggest anything negative at all about DD's on this site and/or post anything that implies BB's have trouble with something.  It is ok to post and trash BB's and those who play them and it is ok to post about how unfair it is as a DD player. Those topics are ok. Whatever you do though don't reverse it in anyway or you will get jumped. Just how it is on the forums.

Now it is my turn to get jumped for pointing that out...LOL

Eeeh... what?

I will bet my left Hand that if you make impossible Claims about a Battleship (got citadel'ed to death 15 seconds after match started, Battleship Shells hitting a non-Khaba-DD and bouncing off all of the time) People will call you out on that.

Same goes for false Claims of course, or when you exaggerate.

What OP did was making Claims that are impossible, and to remind OP that what he describes is impossible/false is not a horrible Thing to do, wouldn't you agree?

[_XFC_]
Members
1 post

Your wrong!

You obviously have not played tier tens much or better yet tier ten DD's.  WOW has nerfed these ships to  no end! They have no teeth any more

and still that's not  enough.  Put on your big boy pants cuz this is a big boy game!!  

Enjoy!

[SHADY]
[SHADY]
Members
344 posts
16,692 battles

Seems to me WG said they were going to do something about this invisible ship [edited].  They did - nothing!!!  I used to play this game over 8 hours a day (I'm retired so I can).  Now I just play enough to earn my 3 containers to get oil.  By that time I am frustrated enough to quit!