Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

Musashi Sighted~!

31 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,563 posts

@akh101 was browsin' the Facebrick and found this:    ([edited] called it by the way~! Been saying she'd have the as-built armament since she was hinted at)
22520051_1949452525381085_71165859639341

ST, Japanese battleship Musashi, tier IX.

Hit points - 97 300,
plating - 32 mm,
belt - 200 - 410 mm.
Main battery - 3х3 460 mm.
Firing range - 26.5km.
HE damage - 7300,
AP damage - 14800.
Reload time 35 s.,
180 degree turn time - 72 s.,
maximum dispersion - 275 m.
HE initial velocity - 805 m/s.
AP initial velocity - 780 m/s.
Sigma - 1.8.
Maximum speed - 27 kt.
Turning circle radius - 900 m.,
rudder shift time - 18.7 s.
Surface detectability - 17.5 km,
air detectability - 16.0 km.
Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 19.3 km.

Sauce: https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/?hc_ref=ARRurRAOdZaMSyervood90O2C82BxD538BsAftXg7t0ipzhs7b8BqNxFUfb1nnaGfJE&fref=nf

• Cool 4

[RLGN]
Members
8,253 posts
17,271 battles

Think it has already been pointed out, but yeah. May never get a Yammy, but if Mushi is relased, I'm there. (ninja'd)

[SOUP]
7,563 posts

Oh? Well... I was at work all day, so I missed the memo

[ERN]
Members
605 posts
8,301 battles

It's about time that she would be placed into the game. Too bad she'll likely be easy prey to CVs due to a severe lack of AA guns.

[SOUP]
7,563 posts
2 hours ago, XXRed_DawnXX said:

It's about time that she would be placed into the game. Too bad she'll likely be easy prey to CVs due to a severe lack of AA guns.

1. promotes team play with AA-spec'd ships
2. likely balanced with superb secondary artillery~<3

[ERN]
Members
605 posts
8,301 battles
8 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

1. promotes team play with AA-spec'd ships
2. likely balanced with superb secondary artillery~<3

Perfect for close in brawls or sniping from a distance ;)

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,977 posts
15,669 battles

hmmm

this one

musashi___kantai_collection_by_lataedelan-d8uj3ad.jpg

or this one?

Aoki-Hagane-no-Arpeggio-Ars-Nova-Cadenza-Sequel-Film-Releases-October-3.jpg

Edited by Triela50
  • Cool 1

[SOUP]
7,563 posts
27 minutes ago, Edselman said:

Great . . . another one

Funny, thats what I say whenever you post on the forum~
What's the matter? Your precious beloved Missouri can't handle some competition?

[90THD]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,495 posts
11,649 battles

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

i want that ship

Members
1,642 posts
2,152 battles
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:43 PM, Chobittsu said:

Funny, thats what I say whenever you post on the forum~
What's the matter? Your precious beloved Missouri can't handle some competition?

I guess I'm the only one that sees putting this thing at tier 9 is a bad idea.

You're getting a ship that can lolpen every bow in the game and has 16" of belt armor at tier 9 . . .

Just look at those stats, what business does it have at tier 9?

[SOUP]
7,563 posts
Just now, Edselman said:

I guess I'm the only one that sees putting this thing at tier 9 is a bad idea.

You're getting a ship that can lolpen every bow in the game and has 16" of belt armor at tier 9 . . .

Just look at those stats, what business does it have at tier 9?

An Izumo can kill a Montana just as surely as a Yamato can. I've killed a Myoko in a Hashidate before they hard-lined the MM. And there's plenty of people complaining about high-tiers anyway, your complaints will be lost in the drone of the crowd.
As I stated above, and has been pointed out by others, she doesn't have much to speak of for AA, and this is the 1941 hull of the Yamato, not the 1944 you see at Tier X, several changes were made in that 3-year gap.
She also has vastly less secondary armament which, as a heavy-user of myself, can be a deciding factor in an engagement. A large fraction of my kills in Yamato are by secondary fire or the fires they start.

Personally, I think you're just scared that something has arrived to answer the Missouri

Members
1,642 posts
2,152 battles
17 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

An Izumo can kill a Montana just as surely as a Yamato can. I've killed a Myoko in a Hashidate before they hard-lined the MM. And there's plenty of people complaining about high-tiers anyway, your complaints will be lost in the drone of the crowd.
As I stated above, and has been pointed out by others, she doesn't have much to speak of for AA, and this is the 1941 hull of the Yamato, not the 1944 you see at Tier X, several changes were made in that 3-year gap.
She also has vastly less secondary armament which, as a heavy-user of myself, can be a deciding factor in an engagement. A large fraction of my kills in Yamato are by secondary fire or the fires they start.

Personally, I think you're just scared that something has arrived to answer the Missouri

There's a difference though, the Izumo is tier 9, this thing is a Yamato with lighter AA (a problem easily corrected by having a couple cruisers near) and lighter secondaries (which make no difference at all when you're fighting more than 10 km away). I never mentioned the Missouri, I actually do not own one yet. But the thing is the Missouri is a tier 9 ship, It's an Iowa with a few key differences. Let's pretend the Missouri wasn't a tier 9 free xp ship but let's take away some of its AA and put it down at tier 8, sound balanced? Well the Musashi in the current form is pretty much the same thing. It also has 97,300 hit points, nearly 20,000 more than the next highest tier 9. 

[SOUP]
7,563 posts
Just now, Edselman said:

There's a difference though, the Izumo is tier 9, this thing is a Yamato with lighter AA (a problem easily corrected by having a couple cruisers near) and lighter secondaries (which make no difference at all when you're fighting more than 10 km away). I never mentioned the Missouri, I actually do not own one yet. But the thing is the Missouri is a tier 9 ship, It's an Iowa with a few key differences. Let's pretend the Missouri wasn't a tier 9 free xp ship but let's take away some of its AA and put it down at tier 8, sound balanced? Well the Musashi in the current form is pretty much the same thing. It also has 97,300 hit points, nearly 20,000 more than the next highest tier 9. 

You still sound rather tilted that someone other than America is getting something nice, perhaps you should wait and see how it plays out before throwing a red, white and blue tantrum?

Members
1,642 posts
2,152 battles
13 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

You still sound rather tilted that someone other than America is getting something nice, perhaps you should wait and see how it plays out before throwing a red, white and blue tantrum?

Which one of the two of us is being more civil in this discussion?

1. Uhh, isn't this mostly a Yamato at tier 9?

2. Shut up! It's balanced!

[SOUP]
7,563 posts
Just now, Edselman said:

Which one of the two of us is being more civil in this discussion?

1. Uhh, isn't this mostly a Yamato at tier 9?

2. Wait and see how it's release plays out as it hasn't even been given to testers yet

Fixed that for you

Members
1,642 posts
2,152 battles
On 20/10/2017 at 8:58 PM, Chobittsu said:

Fixed that for you

You left out the "[edited] Missouri" and "Red, White, and Blue tantrum" parts 

Yet again insulting my home for no reason. I ought to break out the Canadian jokes again. 

[KEK]
Beta Testers
50 posts
3,725 battles
3 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

[...]perhaps you should wait and see how it plays out before throwing a [...] tantrum?

Stow your nationalism for a moment and look at this from the meta of the game. Do you really NEED to see it play, to know that if this thing fights down at tier VII, its 460mm guns are going to eat everything alive? Yamato is a worthy combatant in Bismarck, North Carolina, Amagi, & Monarch...it doesn't need to be going against Gneisenau, Colorado, Nagato & King George. What we're talking about is effectively a Yamato with a 3-tier spread.

Furthermore, the Missouri is a poor example, it is not an Iowa brought down to tier VIII, it's still a tier IX at tier IX. If that still doesn't reach you, let me ask you this, would you want to be a tier VII driver suddenly facing down Montana? Or Conqueror? Großer Kurfürst? 

No thank you, Wargaming.

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
7,563 posts

Well it's a good thing you two don't get a say in the matter~<3
And breaking out the Canadian jokes? Go for it, we laugh at ourselves all the time, we don't get tilted when someone insults us~

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this