Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Teske

Clan Battles? What the the [censored] is this?

10 comments in this topic

Members
187 posts
12,308 battles

I was reading the patch notes on inbound clan battles and realized they're team battles with a new name plastered on it. Reading further they're actually worst than the "so broke we can't leave it as a game mode" team battles, as they don't allow carriers and only one battleship. As a veteran of team battles this is worse because it takes away the biggest choices you had to make in team battles whether or not to bring a CV and how many BB's to bring. And this time window limits who can play (I for example have to leave for work at 21:00 central time). This is my rant as one that remembers team battles, you're thoughts?

[SALVO]
Members
17,117 posts
17,794 battles

My thoughts?  I think that you need to learn how to spell your.  You're means "you are", not the possessive form of you.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
16 minutes ago, Teske said:

As a veteran of team battles this is worse because it takes away the biggest choices you had to make in team battles whether or not to bring a CV and how many BB's to bring.

Or you could consider it a challenge to those players who have been handicapped all along by being forced to play battleships, and who can now play a ship where there is movement, and shooting, and turning, and movement, thereby improving not only their WoW skillset but by making them into well-rounded, wholesome citizens of a greater world!

(Film at 11:00)

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,117 posts
17,794 battles
21 minutes ago, Teske said:

I was reading the patch notes on inbound clan battles and realized they're team battles with a new name plastered on it. Reading further they're actually worst than the "so broke we can't leave it as a game mode" team battles, as they don't allow carriers and only one battleship. As a veteran of team battles this is worse because it takes away the biggest choices you had to make in team battles whether or not to bring a CV and how many BB's to bring. And this time window limits who can play (I for example have to leave for work at 21:00 central time). This is my rant as one that remembers team battles, you're thoughts?

Actually, and this is just my opinion, the real problem with team battles was that it was tied to some sort of ranking mechanic.  I happen to think that if they'd done team battles like the old tank companies in WoT, where they were there just for fun without any ranking, and there were some different tier options, team battles may have been a lot more fun.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,337 battles
16 minutes ago, Umikami said:

by being forced to play battleships

.... umm, who exactly was it who 'forced' them to play BBs? Wasn't that their 'choice'? (& if it was their 'choice' then, imho, too bad - they did this themselves)

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,958 battles

The choice of WHETHER OR NOT TO TAKE A CV in team battles. It wasn't an option. You took a cv or you lose, end of story. 

• Cool 1

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,519 battles
22 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

The choice of WHETHER OR NOT TO TAKE A CV in team battles. It wasn't an option. You took a cv or you lose, end of story. 

The Cleveland Steamers beg to disagree.

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,958 battles
5 hours ago, dngrcnnn said:

The Cleveland Steamers beg to disagree.

Good for them, they're also wrong. There's a reason why cvs are standard even if every ship is built for plane killing.

Sign in to follow this