You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
rustydawg

Deep water Torp, can they be disabled?

17 comments in this topic

[RSDWG]
Members
445 posts
7,992 battles

Just like the title says can the Deepwater Torpedo's be disabled and regular torpedos be used in their place??

Nothing is mentioned about that.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,599 battles
36 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

No.

Well, guess I don't need to worry about playing that line of ships...

• Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
733 posts
3,293 battles

I'm pretty sure that the Deep Water torpedoes currently have no benefits, and is a straight nerf to normal torpedoes. But then again, that's the info i'm using off of the data leaks and what i've seen so far in game.

Just the stats alone are a little sad from the wiki.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gearing
vs
http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Hsiangyang

Not only does the Hsiangyang suffer a 3 km nerf, but can only hit cruisers and battleships with only a 2 knt upgrade.

Edited by Merlox

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
17 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Well, guess I don't need to worry about playing that line of ships...

Yeah, I'd much rather have torps that I know can hit all types of ships, especially DDs camping in smoke and contesting a cap. If I see that, I want to be able to put a large spread of torps into that smoke cloud and flush them out or kill them/badly damage them.

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles
32 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Yeah, I'd much rather have torps that I know can hit all types of ships, especially DDs camping in smoke and contesting a cap. If I see that, I want to be able to put a large spread of torps into that smoke cloud and flush them out or kill them/badly damage them.

It is rather odd this is the new thing for the new class that really isn't effective on the class of vessels that need to be attacked with them. I thing I hve had to much to drink even I don't understand what I wrote. おやすみ Oyasumi

• Cool 1

[RUST]
Beta Testers
948 posts
10,426 battles
39 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

This is why tier 8+ gets radar so you can radar the smoke and shoot them to death instead. 

[PSP]
Members
6,323 posts
8,942 battles
51 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

I thing I hve had to much to drink even I don't understand what I wrote. おやすみ Oyasumi

LOL

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,190 posts
11,707 battles
1 hour ago, Maggie_Saito said:

It is rather odd this is the new thing for the new class that really isn't effective on the class of vessels that need to be attacked with them. I thing I hve had to much to drink even I don't understand what I wrote. おやすみ Oyasumi

Drink some water and take some aspirin before bed

[PVE]
Members
5,645 posts
18,236 battles

Yeah don't understand why they even want these as a thing. Maybe if you could switch between the two they may be ok but honestly seem irrelevant. I suppose if you were working with another friendly DD to torp something big they would have a use but they seem pretty stupid. It is a good thing they are on a line of ships I don't care about.

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

Drink some water and take some aspirin before bed

Think Luvox got to me with the vodka, good combination if you don't want to wake up. Have to go to work, It very well I am not allowed to operate vehicles. Its a few hour drive should be alert by then. maybe sit in back play WOWS if ping isn't awful. Sorry running on again. 

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles
3 hours ago, Merlox said:

I'm pretty sure that the Deep Water torpedoes currently have no benefits, and is a straight nerf to normal torpedoes. But then again, that's the info i'm using off of the data leaks and what i've seen so far in game.

Just the stats alone are a little sad from the wiki.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gearing
vs
http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Hsiangyang

Not only does the Hsiangyang suffer a 3 km nerf, but can only hit cruisers and battleships with only a 2 knt upgrade.

They should have a big increase in damage, and huge reduction in detection. 

(Generally, I think they're not a good idea).

[SIDE]
Members
733 posts
3,293 battles
1 minute ago, BlailBlerg said:

They should have a big increase in damage, and huge reduction in detection. 

(Generally, I think they're not a good idea).

So far no signs of the damage increase or the detection reduction. They are all the same as it's "Shallow" torpedo brothers.

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles
8 minutes ago, Merlox said:

So far no signs of the damage increase or the detection reduction. They are all the same as it's "Shallow" torpedo brothers.

... that's so incredibly stupid. 

[SIDE]
Members
733 posts
3,293 battles

Ofcourse, this is based on the latest information I've seen (October 1st by Notser) He's going over the T10 destroyers, and the big thing i'm looking at is when he's comparing the stats at 7:30. The Detection range is even worst than the gearing. =/ I hope he's wrong, I have been training my Ashnan DD for a while. Kinda excited to actually use the captain. lol

Edited by Merlox