You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Belfast Buffs needed for next patch

68 comments in this topic

[U571]
Members
1,965 posts
13,394 battles

2 things.  Russian Radar of the Moskova and Alabamas Torpedo Reduction.  That would be nice...

Members
34 posts
2,471 battles
On 11/25/2017 at 10:17 AM, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

I'm just glad the Belfast got hit with the nerf-hammer, it was REALLY needed. Don't say this often, but think WG got this one right.

If by nerf you mean the changes made to detection while in smoke, then I'm sorry to say that the nerf has done absolutely nothing to the Belfast. In fact, I dare say it's even gotten a buff in the fact that it's smoke generator is active for 15 seconds rather than 7 seconds.

... I get that this is a joke thread, but I'm not sure if your being serious or not.  :fish_book:

Edited by Myobu
  • Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts
4 hours ago, Myobu said:

If by nerf you mean the changes made to detection while in smoke, then I'm sorry to say that the nerf has done absolutely nothing to the Belfast. In fact, I dare say it's even gotten a buff in the fact that it's smoke generator is active for 15 seconds rather than 7 seconds.

... I get that this is a joke thread, but I'm not sure if your being serious or not.  :fish_book:

Actually yes... the reduced ability to hide was nicely countered by a larger smoke puff... and the fact my RN cmdrs have the bigger smoke puff skill - lots of cigar smokers on my RN ships don't you know - it could be said they came out ahead. 

I still would like a torp or radar option. Now that you can't let dds get warm and snuggly while firing on them, radar really has less value. 

[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,465 battles
On 10/17/2017 at 5:30 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

Oh c'mon now... think of some nice buffs the Belfast is in desperate need...here, let me toss one out:

Her starting and stopping are horrendous. Always have been. I think most RN cruisers follow that trend but she sure seems to be the worst. 

Oh - and give her some torps.

And a bit of armor. 

That should do it... (tiafyc)

Belfast is a fun boat have a 19 point special Captain Dunkirk in her,it’s been noted that Wows were willing to pay$$ to buy the ship back .. why?.. I kept mine cause it’s a fun boat

weather or not the Tier Vll Cruiser Belfast is way OP or the worst Cruiser out there is now irrelevant 

the dye is cast, it’s not to be sold again.. oh yea it’s somewere in the middle

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
9,876 battles
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:01 AM, crzyhawk said:

I'm hoping that a lot of people rage sell the Belfasts before they realize that it's still a fantastic ship.

I keep picturing this lot out behind WG's offices, full of "factory certified pre-owned" (read "we vacuumed the interior, used") Belfasts you can pickup dirt cheap.

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
9,876 battles
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:25 PM, 901234 said:

Give it guns that have 1000mm pen at 20km

They already have that.  The only problem is that the guns only shoot out to 15.4km or so, so you can't take advantage of it.

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
7,951 battles
16 hours ago, Sotaudi said:

I keep picturing this lot out behind WG's offices, full of "factory certified pre-owned" (read "we vacuumed the interior, used") Belfasts you can pickup dirt cheap.

If WG had any sense at all, they'd have a "used" ship market. They're leaving a substantial revenue stream untouched - and one which requires virtually no effort on their part to exploit. The lack of ability to sell/transfer ships between accounts is stupifying. 

• Cool 1

[MIA]
Members
181 posts
7,142 battles
On 12/1/2017 at 6:45 PM, Sotaudi said:

They already have that.  The only problem is that the guns only shoot out to 15.4km or so, so you can't take advantage of it.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not...

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
9,876 battles
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:21 PM, 901234 said:

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not...

Sarcasm is "the use of irony to mock or convey contempt," so, no.  I was neither mocking nor conveying contempt (and, no, my eyes are not rolling as I say that).  I was just playing off your humor.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

Apparently the humor is lost on a few... but that's okay... I'm just preparing everyone for the day the Belfast gets buffed. :cap_win:

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
47 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Apparently the humor is lost on a few... but that's okay... I'm just preparing everyone for the day the Belfast gets buffed. :cap_win:

It did, now when I am smoke shooting and I become visible, I know to dodge immediately, light radar, designate target, and kill track with guns.

Edited by crzyhawk

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

Tell you one thing... I've got my Belfast back out to relearn the skills needed for her, where to play, etc... if you want to feel the Belfast love, go out and have an okay match below 50K... wow, what a love fest. 

Its as if she is supposed to win the entire match by herself! 

I will say, she can still hold the reds off a cap... it's funny really. Why, they all turn round, wait for the smoke to dissipate, then turn round again and head back. 

But boy - my Belfast skills are extremely rusty... I figure since the rumor says next Ranked is T7, I best get practicing. 

[VENOM]
Members
21 posts
16,953 battles
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:37 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

well yes and no on serious... like nod nod wink wink no what i mean... i've always actually despised her engine control. I don't know why - but it's like salt in a wound, ya... torpedoes were standard equipment throughout the war (wiki, i know, i know) being remove after the war. 

I'd put my money on them doing something of a buff to the ships as they reserve the right to do so... but the Belfast in a one-on-one without smoke against any cruiser she might meet, well, she may not do so well. 

Yea, just like US cruisers. No torps or smoke.