You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Belfast Buffs needed for next patch

68 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

I am hopeful they see light and give her some torps at least on par with Edinburgh... historically she had torps. I could see this easily by oh... not next ranked but the ranked after that when they specify Tier VII as the tier for ranked. 

:fish_cute_2::fish_glass::cap_haloween: 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
dreaded typo

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

she didnt have torps on her 50's hull which is what's in game.  Torps isnt going to happen, torps is greed lol.  I don't want to have to stop pointing out that Kaga is more OP than Belfast statistically!

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

Understandable and yes I can see the late model had her torpedoes removed for updates to missiles, right? Something like that... but since there are no missiles on her, up and until the day they started the refit for missiles she most likely had torpedoes. It's a faint flicker of hope to be sure, but consider the cruisers she goes up against. They could make a B Hull version for those who wanted to run torpedoes over something else - say hydro. It's doable. Question is do they care that much about her? 

Probably not. 

[CVA16]
Members
3,747 posts
12,117 battles

Since Belfast still ranks second only to the OP Flint (last 2 weeks) for T7 cruisers, I can't see why WG would even consider giving it any buffs. Now if it had been sold to Russia (i.e. Murmansk) then ....

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
5 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Understandable and yes I can see the late model had her torpedoes removed for updates to missiles, right? Something like that... but since there are no missiles on her, up and until the day they started the refit for missiles she most likely had torpedoes. It's a faint flicker of hope to be sure, but consider the cruisers she goes up against. They could make a B Hull version for those who wanted to run torpedoes over something else - say hydro. It's doable. Question is do they care that much about her? 

Probably not. 

I dont think Belfast was ever fitted for missiles, she was intended for use as a shore bombardment ship.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

You are correct from what I can tell... they removed the torps in order to save weight due to the addition of radars (so sayeth wiki) but that was in 1959(!). She carried them for twenty years (39 - 59). From wiki: 

Armament:

So would I want 2x3 (6) 533mm torpedoes instead of radar? Good question. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

Absolutely not.  Torps are quite overrated.  The ship you linked above is Edinburgh in game presently.

[NCBL]
Members
123 posts
4,519 battles

I took my belfast out for a sail for the first time in a while the other day. Did nearly 200k damage in her, I too feel she needs buffs. 

[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,465 posts
13,950 battles
9 minutes ago, Swift_Scythe said:

Isnt Belfast being removed from sale never to be sold again according to Dasha in the latest update video?

Yes, maybe in a Christmas crate along with the Kutuzov.

I agree with Herr Reitz on the stop and start of Brit CL's - the short 7 seconds of smoke means I have to either stop well before I want to, or risk taking 25k AP damage from half the enemy team when I am spotted and before I am cloaked - some of it after I am cloaked by people blind firing at a ship they know has just stopped.  15 seconds will probably be too OP for the Belfast, I am hoping for 10 seconds instead.  That extra 3 seconds would keep my from having to wait 30 seconds of full reverse before I get back into my overshot smoke.  With Jack Dunkirk and the Smoke skill, 10 seconds would be more than enough for me to survive deeper into each match.  15 seconds would just be lazy mode.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

I imagine it's coded to RN smoke = true.  I seriously doubt it will be different

-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts of this fine ship. We will look into balancing her as we move forward and will look into all of the suggestions you have brought to our attention :)

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts
22 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts of this fine ship. We will look into balancing her as we move forward and will look into all of the suggestions you have brought to our attention :)

Uh huh :fish_glass:

No nerfs now... just buffs... but say, the smoke upgrade's good - can't wait to try out larger puffs of smoke. :cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

I suspect there's gonna be a whole lotta hate mail about the Belfast in the near future.... bwhahahaaaa... :cap_rambo:

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
On 11/8/2017 at 7:27 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

Uh huh :fish_glass:

No nerfs now... just buffs... but say, the smoke upgrade's good - can't wait to try out larger puffs of smoke. :cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

I suspect there's gonna be a whole lotta hate mail about the Belfast in the near future.... bwhahahaaaa... :cap_rambo:

Statistically, Kaga performs better.  Belfast is balans.  Not too stronk.

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,834 posts
30,938 battles

Bring back stealth firing for the poor Belfast!

/sarcasm off/

There is a simple explanation for Belfast stats staying the same or improving after the smoke nerf. Less skilled players or players without a dedicated Belfast captain were much more likely to sell her back for a “refund”.  The remaining Belfast players know how to play the ship to its strengths. Can you imagine what kind of player turned in their Kutuzov?

Now the poor Nikolai OTOH genuinely needs some love. I was unable to citadel an Orion despite him showing broadside for 2 or 3 salvos. He lit me on fire with HE while doing alpha damage, then got serious penetrations with AP. When playing CV, I salivate over a red Nikolai but stay away from Orion unless there’s nothing more palatable or he just needs to be sunk. Seriously, Orion is the ultimate PHD (push here dummy) Battleship. They could start selling Nikolai again without disturbing the current imbalance among T4 BBS one iota. 

[TLOD]
Members
263 posts

Premium ships should not recieve buffs, if they cant recieve nerft, without people whining about "the money spent".

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

Counter argument: Premiums are pre-nerfed to prevent the application of the oft-used term "OP". They can then later dial them up with buffs until they are balanced. It's the only way dontcha know? 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,928 posts
12,256 battles

I just had a 3 Payfast in the same division camping on B. Permanent smoke and radar, god that was cancer. But the joy you have when you sink 2 Paybast in your Yugumo, laughing at them and the salt is growing even stronger

The breeze is good here..

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

So here it is the 19th of November... I don't know how current Wows stats are but here's a snapshot of t7 cruisers, over 1,000 battles, descending on WR: 

wows_statistics_T7cruisers.thumb.JPG.a7a40f6758647650f768abd0e9d0aa44.JPG

Flint does indicate higher skilled players as compared to Atlanta... Belfast is only 4 points up on Fiji, 5 points up on Myoko/Shchors/Algerie. If you are WoWS/WG and looking for "balance" that's pretty decent. 

It could be argued, based on number of battles, that Fiji is more OP than the Belfast, as 300K more battles have been played in the Fiji and she's down only 4 pts... Myoko in such a case could be argued as more "OP" than the Fiji, as her WR is over almost double the number of matches for the Fiji. 

So folks the Belfast is not "OP". Let's target the Flint as "OP", right? Right! 

[MIA]
Members
181 posts
7,142 battles

Potato Baiting is real [and kind of failing tbh] - not like higher sample size means higher accuracy or something

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

I was thinking rearm her with those BAE railguns they are developing for the Navy. You know, the ones that damn near need a nuclear reactor for power, shoot around 80 mi, and probably have more KE than 16” BB round. 12 of them and she will be perfectly balanced. Oh, and add Star Trek shields as well.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
649 posts
10,716 battles

She could actually use 16mm of bow and aft armor like its sister ship Edinburgh but I like being overmatched by 8in guns said no one ever.

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
7,951 battles
9 hours ago, MrEndeavour said:

She could actually use 16mm of bow and aft armor like its sister ship Edinburgh but I like being overmatched by 8in guns said no one ever.

Except the Belfast is a T7, and the Fiji is her counterpart, not the Edinburgh.  If you want the Edinburgh's armor, then the Belfast has to move to T8.