You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Belfast Buffs needed for next patch

68 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Oh c'mon now... think of some nice buffs the Belfast is in desperate need...here, let me toss one out:

Her starting and stopping are horrendous. Always have been. I think most RN cruisers follow that trend but she sure seems to be the worst. 

Oh - and give her some torps.

And a bit of armor. 

That should do it... (tiafyc)

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2

[O7]
Beta Testers, Supertester
6,398 posts
7,363 battles

Give the Belfast Rasputin health.

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,122 battles

You're trolling Herr_Reitz! Shame on ya... :Smile_medal:

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,052 battles
37 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Ask for the world and settle for Alaska.

Maybe not Alaska, more like Buford Wyoming lol

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Oh c'mon now... think of some nice buffs the Belfast is in desperate need...here, let me toss one out:

Her starting and stopping are horrendous. Always have been. I think most RN cruisers follow that trend but she sure seems to be the worst. 

And a bit of armor. 

Or ... take away her radar, hydro, and smoke, and see who is good enough to play her as a cruiser.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,841 posts
13,799 battles

No what the Belfast needs is the Fiji AP and the Conquerors HE. 

:cap_cool:

Oh don't forget 8k torps. 

Edited by RedSeaBear

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,255 battles
1 hour ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Sounds like you want an "I win" ship not buffs.

1 hour ago, Zakuul said:

Give the Belfast Rasputin health.

So personally horrid with Belfast WG could do that and I'd likely still not be able to use it as an 'I win' ship... :Smile_sad:

1 hour ago, Khafni said:

You're trolling Herr_Reitz! Shame on ya... :Smile_medal:

Gasp! Shock! HR wasn't serious?!?

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles
14 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

No what the Belfast needs is the Fiji AP and the Conquerors HE. 

:cap_cool:

Oh don't forget 8k torps. 

This.  lol

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

well yes and no on serious... like nod nod wink wink no what i mean... i've always actually despised her engine control. I don't know why - but it's like salt in a wound, ya... torpedoes were standard equipment throughout the war (wiki, i know, i know) being remove after the war. 

I'd put my money on them doing something of a buff to the ships as they reserve the right to do so... but the Belfast in a one-on-one without smoke against any cruiser she might meet, well, she may not do so well. 

But yea, I thought this thread might be a channel for anyone wanting to vent about the smoke change by suggesting some productive, over the top buffs which would once again make her the "payfast" everyone used to call her.... gosh there really is so much they could do to her if they chose. 

And to the other ships... can't wait for the threads on "not being able to purchase them". Patch day is here... should be a fascinating week in ships. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles

well yes and no on serious... like nod nod wink wink no what i mean... i've always actually despised her engine control. I don't know why - but it's like salt in a wound, ya... torpedoes were standard equipment throughout the war (wiki, i know, i know) being remove after the war. 

I'd put my money on them doing something of a buff to the ships as they reserve the right to do so... but the Belfast in a one-on-one without smoke against any cruiser she might meet, well, she may not do so well. 

But yea, I thought this thread might be a channel for anyone wanting to vent about the smoke change by suggesting some productive, over the top buffs which would once again make her the "payfast" everyone used to call her.... gosh there really is so much they could do to her if they chose. 

And to the other ships... can't wait for the threads on "not being able to purchase them". Patch day is here... should be a fascinating week in ships. 

I'm hoping that a lot of people rage sell the Belfasts before they realize that it's still a fantastic ship.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
8 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

I'm hoping that a lot of people rage sell the Belfasts before they realize that it's still a fantastic ship.

Amazingly... i think many will do exactly that... :fish_glass:

[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,242 battles

Here my suggestion to balance the ship :

-Increase HP pool. Right now this ship doesn't have heal, it's really unfair compared to Fiji

-Give 4x2 torps on both side with 10km range. Guns are no longer usable in smoke because of the bloom

-Increase HE pen. It's unfair toward RN BB

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I like those suggestions AlcatrazNC... but i wonder what the odds are of them doing any such thing might be? 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles

How about faster turret rotation so it can more easily engage DDs who spot it.  I mean I should be allowed to defend myself right?

Members
3,779 posts
14,032 battles
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

And a bit of armor. 

Play Fiji and you'll have most of that.

Problem solved! :Smile_coin:

Maybe not Alaska, more like Buford Wyoming lol

Hey man! Buford's a cool 'lil wide spot on I-80. (their beer is always cold!) :cap_like:

Edited by ReddNekk

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Oh, I've played all the way up to the Minotaur. My favorite was the Edinburgh. With radar. She seems to be "different" than the other RN cruisers; for me, she was the tankiest. But I do agree the Fiji is a fine ship as well. I think in the coming weeks and months, it will be interesting to see if they do buff the Belfast in any way. But we just have to wait to see. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles

I can't imagine that Belfast will be buffed at all.  I actually like the changes.  If I get detected in my smoke I know I need to radar and evade immediately, plus locate and kill the DD that's likely spotting me.

[CVA16]
Members
2,281 posts
9,859 battles

Last couple of weeks Belfast has actually been doing better than its historical average in WR, damage, survivability,  so I can't see it getting a buff any time soon. Certainly hasn't been hurt much by the changes. Want to see what a true nerffing looks like? Check out the Shiratsuyu.

[TSPC]
Members
178 posts
6,461 battles

Ideas for Buffs

Give it guns that have 1000mm pen at 20km

Buff range to 40km

Decrease reload to 0.5s

Increase AP shell damage to 20,000, HE to 15,000

Reduces dispersion to .1m at max range - increase sigma to 5.0

Have special fuzes that will never overpen - but will still detonate in citadels

Increase shell normalization to 90 degrees

Remove auto bounce angles - shell will always try to penetrate armor - will never ricochet

Increase shell muzzle velocities to 20km/s - with .001 air drag

Increase HE pen to 2,000,000, increase fire chance to 10,000%

Increase armor to 800mm over all parts of the ship - including superstructure - increase hp to 35,700,000,000,000

Increase torpedo protection to 200% - heals when hit by torpedo

Increase radar range to 50km, duration to infinite - increase hydro range to 20km, duration to infinite - detects aircraft within this range too

Give the ship nuclear homing torpedoes (even if they don't exist) that reload in 10s - deals 1,000,000,000 damage on hit - can splash - radius 20km - ignores torp protection

Increase engine power to 4,000,000 shp - and subsequent speed increases

Reduces rudder shift to .5s, reduces turning circle radius to 50m

Give ship infinite speed boost (+400% to speed) lasts forever

Give the ship 2 Executor Class's as "fighters" - 100000000000000000000000000000hp 100000000000000dps - can hit ships whole freaking map range - can spawn more fighters

Replace all AA guns with Directed Energy CIWS or SAMs - 100000000000000000000dps with map covering range

Give the ship DFAA that increases AA dps by 100000000000% and applies to all guns and lasts the whole game

Reduces all detection ranges to 0km - including when firing, on fire etc.- who needs smoke anyways 

--- Seems like a good great idea

• Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles

how about 15 seconds of smoke

Edited by crzyhawk

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Smoke Changes to British Cruisers 

We increased the active time of the smoke generator on British cruisers from 7 to 15 seconds. This change should help you use to use your smokescreen consumable in a more efficient way and hide British cruisers deploying a smokescreen when you activate the consumable at high speed.

Okay - let's do it! :cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles

Smoke Changes to British Cruisers 

We increased the active time of the smoke generator on British cruisers from 7 to 15 seconds. This change should help you use to use your smokescreen consumable in a more efficient way and hide British cruisers deploying a smokescreen when you activate the consumable at high speed.

Okay - let's do it! :cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

My Cheese and Whine division becomes more realistic.  1 Sims, 2 Belfast.  We provide the cheese, the red team provides the whine.  Please WG, make Belfast better hahahaha