Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Murcc

gameplay right now is just like the weekend..

20 comments in this topic

[CAST]
Members
1,215 posts
7,414 battles

Its bad tonight.  It's like the weekend crowd has migrated into the week.  I'm seeing random players just tooling around hiding behind islands ro running as far away as they can.  I watched a full health Des Moines run from a lone DD.  I watched a gob of ships sit in a narrow passage between two islands out of  most ship firing lanes long enough to allow enemy DDs to come at them from two different directions (North and South) with torp soup..  I watched an Atago chase after a DD into an area where we could see tier 9 BBs.  He literally pulled up broadside to a BB at 6km and got deleted while never letting his torps go.  He did fire a couple volleys at the DD he was chasing, but never hit his target.  I was doing ok with damage even though I was losing, but the last couple of games were so bad, our team evaporated so fast, or ran so far away, that our forward players got deleted early including myself.  I was in my BB and next thing you know I'm alone while my accompanying ships ran away at the first sign of a ship shooting, even if we had a ship advantage at a given choke point...I have to go take some relaxing meds and call it a night.  Rant over..

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I watched a dd smoke up at the start of a match, blocking my Belfast in smoke as he sat just outside the cap firing on four or six red ships approaching, thinking it wiser to smoke, fight and die than to simply leave the area under concealment. No concept of strategic relocation or dare I say, "stealth". It was an Aki in a tier 7/9 fight. <sigh> so naturally i got overrun and rolled shortly thereafter. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,365 battles
32 minutes ago, Murcc said:

I watched a full health Des Moines run from a lone DD.

Some of those DDs are pretty scary; everything and its uncle seems to be able to pen DM from any angle, (armor is apparently something Zao, Hindy and everyone else but DM seem to have...) and destroyers are never alone...

Being somewhat facetious; a DM with priority target, that sees that '1' pop up as the DD targets it, will soon see it change to '12,' because 'A ROACH!!! KILL IT!!!'

[SIM]
Members
2,553 posts
4,194 battles

Tonight has been the worst experience in WoWs that I've ever had. I literally hate this game right now.

Members
9,997 posts

This is who plays the game, it doesn't matter what day it is.

68% of the top 100 players by number of battles played can't achieve a 1000 WTR.

There is no reason to assume that the top 1000 look any different. And these stats don't include all those hidden players, who may be botting, or don't want to be trolled over their  numbers...

eHT7Oan.png

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,337 battles

Hey OP, SNAFU & FUBAR.

Nothing new here folks, time to move on.

[WOLF4]
Members
132 posts
3,212 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

68% of the top 100 players by number of battles played can't achieve a 1000 WTR.

There is no reason to assume that the top 1000 look any different. And these stats don't include all those hidden players, who may be botting, or don't want to be trolled over their  numbers...

eHT7Oan.png

Wow. This explains a lot. 

[FORM]
Members
261 posts
5,223 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

eHT7Oan.png

This is why Clan Wars will be a blowout in favor of the top clans and that is how it should be. I will put money down that the forum will fill up with those players who always say i don't care about stats, winning or putting time into learning how to play...etc complaining about how they can not compete in clan wars and how unfair they are. 

[CAST]
Members
1,215 posts
7,414 battles
21 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Being somewhat facetious; a DM with priority target, that sees that '1' pop up as the DD targets it, will soon see it change to '12,' because 'A ROACH!!! KILL IT!!!'

This is true.  However, in the case of the DM in question, the DD was all alone because the other team did a lemming train to the other side of the map.  In this case, I would love to be the DM rather than the DD.  The DM actually stayed behind an island most of the match until our had a clear advantage.  Then, he came out and farmed damage from a distance.  Still finished pretty low in scoring.  I died pretty early and finished in the same range he did.

Sometimes you have to just sit back and laugh.  I think I'm going to adjust my play style to a "hang back and see what everyone does", instead of a "bonzai, lets head into the fray".  

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,805 battles

I don't really notice a drop of skill of the average player on the weekends compared to the level of play on weekdays. Players are about as stupid on week days as they are on weekends in my honest opinion. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,365 battles
40 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Sometimes you have to just sit back and laugh.  I think I'm going to adjust my play style to a "hang back and see what everyone does", instead of a "bonzai, lets head into the fray".  

If only my idiocy in-game was on the level of Sergio Aragone's 'Groo, the Wanderer,' then i could screetch 'TO FRAY! FOR THE CHEESEDIP!' and the gods would protect me because they love a fool...

Groo_cover_issue1.jpg

[CAST]
Members
1,215 posts
7,414 battles

^ That's quite a green gob of ships north of A.  LOL.  That pretty much sums it up.

[TMS]
Members
1,742 posts
22,088 battles
1 hour ago, Kevik70 said:

I don't really notice a drop of skill of the average player on the weekends compared to the level of play on weekdays. Players are about as stupid on week days as they are on weekends in my honest opinion. 

Agreed.

Sign in to follow this