You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cirdane

Okhotnik the E25 of WOWS ?

28 comments in this topic

Members
163 posts
5,036 battles

Just finally got the Okhotnik after a couple of days waltzing with customer service. Does this thing remind anyone else of the E25 in wot ? Hi speed, hi concealment, crazy rate of fire, and 12 yes TWELVE short range torpedos. It's ambush nirvana much like a certain TD in WOT.....Futher it also never really existed like the e25 and if it had been built would have probably have never lived up to the design spec.

I never bought the e25 when I had the chance I felt it would be unfair.......course after having to fight the Damm things for years my standards seem to have dropped a bit. So when you see 12 torpedos coming at you make sure to wave I'm probably only about 4.5 km away ?

Edited by Cirdane

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,084 posts
8,994 battles

No.... E25 in WOT was OP because of the TD aspect.

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
564 posts
4,804 battles

Okhotnik has a crazy rate of fire? 10s reload is not crazy rate of fire. 

Beta Testers
1,057 posts
13,841 battles
7 minutes ago, Cirdane said:

Just finally got the Okhotnik after a couple of days waltzing with customer service. Does this thing remind anyone else of the E25 in wot ? Hi speed, hi concealment, crazy rate of fire, and 12 yes TWELVE short range torpedos. It's ambush nirvana much like a certain TD in WOT.....Futher it also never really existed like the e25 and if it had been built would have probably have never lived up to the design spec.

I never bought the e25 when I had the chance I felt it would be unfair.......course after having to fight the Damm things for years my standards seem to have dropped a bit. So when you see 12 torpedos coming at you make sure to wave I'm probably only about 4.5 km away ?

Pulled up behind tigers....scraping their bumpers with e-25 and reduced them to rubble cause they couldn't drop their gun far enough to shoot me....used to div up with 2 other 25s........funny stuff.

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles
25 minutes ago, Cirdane said:

Not a crazy rate of fire, not to mention (IIRC) the traverse on the guns is rather slow.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles

The War Canoe is really only overpowered when the enemy allows it to be. It has all the drawbacks of being a DD combined with a turn radius the size of a state and that state isn't Rhode Island. If anything it is the TOG of WoWS, huge fun in a ridiculous package.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,262 posts
2,029 battles
20 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

combined with a turn radius the size of a state and that state isn't Rhode Island. 

:Smile_teethhappy: I lol'd

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,981 posts
7,530 battles

Ok is not high speed nor high concealment, compared to other DD's. You gotta work skills and flags to get there, and even then, no. Plus, horrid RoF, and horrid traverse.

Just, no.

Love mine, however. :Smile_trollface:

Members
241 posts
11 battles

Completely different. 

Okhotnik is for CQC ambush and rushing enemies. 

If you rush people in your E-25, you are either on a city map, or very bad. 

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,144 battles
21 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Idk, was the E-25 loads of fun, but not really competitive?

And not exactly cost effective either, as it needed the gold ammo when uptiered. Or even, most of the time. 

Members
163 posts
5,036 battles

E25 could carry like you wouldn't believe. Hide and snipe the rush at the end and use it's high rof to dps down the last few. I saw a lot of e25s turn a three on one or even a four on one Into a win. I wonder if the 7 guns (That's a lot of shells) and 12 tubes along with 30+ knot speed and dd concealment and smoke mean this little beast will carry like crazy too. As far as the long and easy to hit arguments well the 25 depended on angling and auto bounce and I've already seen shells deflecting when I charge with her.

[TMS]
Members
1,741 posts
22,088 battles
1 hour ago, Cirdane said:

10 sec gun reload is not that high but the ambushing with the torps is great, i got an easy doublestrike.

Edited by Final8ty

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,874 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Not a crazy rate of fire, not to mention (IIRC) the traverse on the guns is rather slow.

Yeah, but that is mitigated by the 360 degree rotation...

12 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

10 sec gun reload is not that high but the ambushing with the torps is great, i got an easy doublestrike.

Especially when you actually get a T4/5 battle.  Poor little slow BBs

Members
241 posts
11 battles
30 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

And not exactly cost effective either, as it needed the gold ammo when uptiered. Or even, most of the time. 

Wasn't a big deal, because of the SMM.

Only carried a few APCR, to always make a good profit.

Concealment+Speed made it incredibly easy to get soft side shots on most maps.

(On citymaps you could only support of course.)

E25.jpg

[KENT]
Members
481 posts
3,205 battles

E25 was good because she could hide in a bush and snipe you all day long, by spamming low damage shells.  A quick look at the warships wiki shows that you get detected before you can fire torps.  This is not exactly E25 type gameplay, since the E25 is better at stealth.  

Also paging @AitoKurittaja95

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
2 hours ago, Cirdane said:

I’m groveling in the mud with you and filed a ticket after making the requirements to get the Othotinik

which should be today, do I feel bad playing it with its wall of Torps ..... may be just a .... eh no

• Cool 1

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,492 battles

It's not much like any tank at all, but if it was it's probably more like a TOG given the comedy theme of the thing and its wildly varying value depending on the particular situation it finds itself in.  In any event, as long a you're having fun who cares what it's called or what it's like!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
2 hours ago, Phoenix_jz said:

:Smile_teethhappy: I lol'd

:Smile_honoring:

[RLGN]
Members
8,283 posts
17,327 battles
1 hour ago, Warped_1 said:

Especially when you actually get a T4/5 battle.  Poor little slow BBs

T4/5? My greatest moment (recently) in Okhotnik was in a T7 battle on Trident.

Fighting around that big island in the east, trying to position for some ambush work, when a Leander has to come and be a bother. I wasn't alone, so short work was made of it, so I figured my cover was blown. Nagato keeps coming towards the island, and I eventually pop out, his gunfire from the front turrets missed, and twelve torps sent a full health battleship to the bottom from less than 3k...

...either the driver wasn't paying attention and really had no idea I was there, or they were too brave for their own good.

Me? I would have gone far, FAR away from that rock if I'd been the Nagato.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,330 battles
3 hours ago, Cirdane said:

Futher it also never really existed like the e25

Umm, OP, correct me if I am wrong but the E 25 never existed in RL either.