You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nina_blain_73

Really WG? The Day Before The Patch?

40 comments in this topic

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles

Bad way to do this WG.... y'all knew you were making the changes and could have told us the ships were being pulled but no you wait until the day before the patch.  This smells like a money grab hoping to generate sales from a knee jerk reaction.

[edited] maneuver WG pure [edited]

• Cool 3

[PROJX]
Members
970 posts
15,744 battles
9 minutes ago, Drago_Ryder said:

The money isn't returned, only the gold you used to pay.

I think what Nina is pointing out is the "Last Chance!" Sale aspect of it w/ the short notice has the feel of "Hurry up & decide!  Last Chance!....buy or not...but it will be gone tomorrow...forever....tick...tock..."....which is the "money grab".

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

Or, trying to get them out of the shop as quickly as possible to prevent more people from having a chance to buy them.  They may truly want to reduce their population in the game, as they have stated.

• Cool 2

[VVV]
Beta Testers
800 posts
5,159 battles

The way I took it, You'll still have 6 weeks starting from patch day to buy it or refund it if I heard things right. So I wouldn't say they just did it over night.

Yep, I misunderstood the video. That is crazy to do over night.

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,083 posts
8,969 battles

Reactions to stuff people don't understand.  The way of the world these days.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,216 battles

I think this is pretty much how they've always done it.

Also, trust me when I say there would be a "last chance buy it now" mentality even if they left the ships on sale for another month. 

[PROJX]
Members
970 posts
15,744 battles
20 minutes ago, Naviss said:

The way I took it, You'll still have 6 weeks starting from patch day to buy it or refund it if I heard things right. So I wouldn't say they just did it over night.

You have overnight to decide if you want to buy the ship for one last time (if you don’t already own it) - you have the multi-week multi-patch time window to decide if you want a refund in doubloons (i.e. Sell the ship). As of update 6.12, the ships will no longer be sold (I.e. tomorrow).

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,964 posts
7,526 battles
34 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Or, trying to get them out of the shop as quickly as possible to prevent more people from having a chance to buy them.  They may truly want to reduce their population in the game, as they have stated.

This. I'm pretty sure this is why. If they gave more time, a ton of people would have bought both available ships. Now, they most likely won't. So, no cash grab. The complete opposite, actually.

My God, let's just hate WG for everything up to and including the death of JFK.

• Cool 3

[NUWES]
Members
1,658 posts
5,576 battles
45 minutes ago, Naviss said:

Honestly, I am amazed they gave any notice about pulling them. If they think they are so unbalanced they have to go, just stop selling them effective immediately. 

[VVV]
Beta Testers
800 posts
5,159 battles

Probably didn't stealth remove them due to a larger outcry of no warning at all. Least now people can only complain it's a short warning lol. 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Posted this on another thread. Might as well put it here too.

Quick little short term cash grab although they'll give you back your money, but who in their right mind would sell it back thinking  it won't be available again?

Everyone will run out and buy it now, just like the Albert, and similar to the Otnik. 

Like the Gremy, the hype will build and they'll make it available, lets say at Christmas. Then many will pay exorbitant amounts of money for the rng chance to get. Just like many did with the Gremy.

They did a hard event for the Kami, a ship unavailable otherwise.

The money back is to cover them for changes being made to smoke. They got burned back in the day for changes to premiums, so prolly just CYA'n.

Oddly enough, they didn't offer money back for those ships that use OWSF. I guess there are more of these ships out there than the others.

Otherwise, theres no real reason to get rid of these ships. They're being nerfed a bit, but nothing that'll really hurt them. They've been fine all this time and all of a sudden "now" they perform too well.

IDK, but I can't get outta my head they're strapped for cash, and trying to cover bases since we're getting towards the end of the year. All these ships for sale/removed. You can't bank on Christmas getting you out the hole for the year.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

:cap_popcorn:

Could you share that popcorn; I left mine in the last thread!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
53 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

Also, trust me when I say there would be a "last chance buy it now" mentality even if they left the ships on sale for another month. 

Yes, but we wouldn't be reading the "I never had a chance to get her!" and "Why couldn't you have waited just one more day!" posts for another month!

51 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

You KNOW it was WoW's fault JFK was killed; all they had to do was lay a smoke screen in front of the grassy knoll, but, no; off chasing Russian CV's in the Gulf of Mexico!

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,035 posts
14 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Could you share that popcorn; I left mine in the last thread!

Sure . . .

ECvN12v.gif

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,964 posts
7,526 battles
17 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Yes, but we wouldn't be reading the "I never had a chance to get her!" and "Why couldn't you have waited just one more day!" posts for another month!

You KNOW it was WoW's fault JFK was killed; all they had to do was lay a smoke screen in front of the grassy knoll, but, no; off chasing Russian CV's in the Gulf of Mexico!

The sad truth, this is. :Smile_trollface:

[90THD]
Supertester
1,073 posts
6,123 battles
1 hour ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

This is becoming a common theme around here.  Its always me me me me me.  WG could give away every premium in the shop to some of these people for free and they would still find something to complain about like the game is suposed to be specifically designed and cater to them.  Pathetic really.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,964 posts
7,526 battles
9 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

This is becoming a common theme around here.  Its always me me me me me.  WG could give away every premium in the shop to some of these people for free and they would still find something to complain about like the game is suposed to be specifically designed and cater to them.  Pathetic really.

You just summed up a significant portion of the playerbase. Sadly. :(

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

Interesting that I have not seen any comments on something that is pretty huge to me:

"Want to change up your fleet? Get a -100% discount to respec your Commanders and demount modifications from Oct. 18, 04:00 PT (07:00 ET) through Oct. 23, 04:00 PT (07:00 ET) "

That translates to free respeccing and demounting for five days - three weekdays and two weekend days.

Try a setup and give it a quick trial in Coop or Random and then try something else.

I have a bunch of commanders I have wanted to adjust, but didn't want to spend the doubloons on.

EDIT: 

Edited by ExploratorOne