Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

The old Tier7 Kiev.

15 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,777 battles

So I was looking at the PA stats. The Tier 7 Gadja Mada seems to be pretty close stat wise to the old Tier 7 Kiev. The main difference is the Gadja has lower speed but way better torps. Even though my stats are better in the Tier 8 Kiev i still miss the days of derping and pew pewing in the old 7 Kiev. Just hope this is my new replacement.

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,182 battles

When the Kiev was moved to T8 I absolutely hated it then. Loved it at T7, garbage at T8

Members
566 posts
1,887 battles
3 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

So I was looking at the PA stats. The Tier 7 Gadja Mada seems to be pretty close stat wise to the old Tier 7 Kiev. The main difference is the Gadja has lower speed but way better torps. Even though my stats are better in the Tier 8 Kiev i still miss the days of derping and pew pewing in the old 7 Kiev. Just hope this is my new replacement.

Mr. IronMike11B40, Showing I show ignorance again, forgive me asking What is Gadja Mada, Days of derping? pew pewing I understand to mean shooting? sorry to be intrusive. Dōmo arigatō.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
24 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

Mr. IronMike11B40, Showing I show ignorance again, forgive me asking What is Gadja Mada, Days of derping? pew pewing I understand to mean shooting? sorry to be intrusive. Dōmo arigatō.

New pan-asian DD

[BOTES]
Members
1,919 posts
6,658 battles

I don't get why people hate T8 Kiev. It was an objective upgrade in every sense. Better concealment and torps in exchange for slightly more challenging matches.

Ognevoi, on the other hand, has not handled T8 well at all. That thing needs sub 6km concealment for that lack of firepower.

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles

I am not an authority on the Kiev, but I have played it both at T7 and T8. And it is true that at T8 it does not feel so good. So I went to check my stats

Kiev T7             Games 206              WR 52.43             Damage 41K

Kiev T8             Games 115              WR 58.26             Damage 48K

Now, I don't remember but I probably did not have a great captain when I started at T7. But still. Although the increase in damage is not great, somehow the WR increase is quite significant. Somehow, the server data show that Kiev at T7 was performing better in terms of WR.

So I am also puzzled. I prefer the T7 Kiev also, but at T8 it still seems to be a performing ship. Now, what might be the big difference is the MM. At T7 the Kiev could be top dog while at T8, you always seem to be fighting up-tiered, so the game-play is a little more cautious there. Less fun

[SEP]
Members
3,723 posts
14,941 battles
2 hours ago, awildseaking said:

Ognevoi, on the other hand, has not handled T8 well at all. That thing needs sub 6km concealment for that lack of firepower.

Have you seen the torps though?

Members
208 posts
2,684 battles
6 hours ago, m373x said:

Have you seen the torps though?

The torps are decent but not enough to justify the lack of dpm on the guns.  I would think a small reload buff wouldn't be excessive or make her OP.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

ognevoi isn't that bad.  it has fast turret and flat shooting gun plus great torps.     its DPM isn't far off from benson.  its HP pool is bit low for the tier so need SE on top of CE and AFT even though you can play without aft. it does need good captain to maximize its  capability though.   

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,396 battles
9 hours ago, awildseaking said:

I don't get why people hate T8 Kiev. It was an objective upgrade in every sense. Better concealment and torps in exchange for slightly more challenging matches.

I like my Og. Better torps that the Benson, about the same speed, same firepower as the C-hull Benson, but you can actually hit things past 8km. 

I don't get why people don't like it. Same for Kiev, still the same derp boat, but in the tier it was meant for (it was so gloriously OP when it came out at 7 though...) 

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,396 battles
31 minutes ago, biggie1447 said:

The torps are decent but not enough to justify the lack of dpm on the guns.  I would think a small reload buff wouldn't be excessive or make her OP.

It has Khab's guns. Any gun buff to Ognevoi would be a gun buff to Khabalansovsk. I don't think Khab needs any buffs, it's already Stalin STRONK as is. 

Members
208 posts
2,684 battles
3 hours ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

It has Khab's guns. Any gun buff to Ognevoi would be a gun buff to Khabalansovsk. I don't think Khab needs any buffs, it's already Stalin STRONK as is. 

The Khab has access to the reload booster and two extra turrets, the Ognevoi doesn't, I can't think of many ways to buff her that would actually help much.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,396 battles
40 minutes ago, biggie1447 said:

The Khab has access to the reload booster and two extra turrets, the Ognevoi doesn't, I can't think of many ways to buff her that would actually help much.

Concealment or HP are the only ways I can think of. 

Or Torpedo Reload Booster in the speed boost slot, if you really wanted it to turn into pure cancer. 

"Da Tovarish! Is uncage ship bear and make shove more torpedo in tube very quick! In name of Balans™!" 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

only thing ognevoi really could use is bit more health.  it has good AA, good guns and good torp.  just bit fragile.    speed boost could also help .  lol

Sign in to follow this