You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Last Chance for Mikhail Kutuzov and Belfast

111 comments in this topic

LittleWhiteMouse    16,657

It's been making the rounds, but let me put this in plain English:

If you do not own Mikhail Kutuzov or Belfast,
Today (October 17th) is your last chance to buy these premium ships before they're removed.

iLFTGVE.jpg8jslc6H.jpgCCSKISe.jpg
They will be gone from the store after the 0.6.12 patch (which drops tomorrow, apparently), and they will NOT be directly sold going forward.  They will not be returning to the online store or the in game tech tree.  This is similar to what has happened to the Kamikaze-sisters, Gremyashchy, König Albert and Imperator Nikolai I. 

Sadly, there is no opportunity to grab Perth after this announcement.

Now, I had wanted to do complete updates on my reviews of these two ships.  I'm sorry to say that I was told this was coming from some time and I was hoping there would be more warning.  My finalized reviews were contingent upon getting the smoke data changes and these just weren't available to me until today.  So, that's a missed opportunity there.  I will try and have finalized reviews of these ships (and Perth) updated before the end of  0.6.14 before the refund date rolls around.  My preliminary opinion is that these smoke changes will not adversely affect Belfast or Mikhail Kutuzov significantly given their range and usual method of operations.  I'm still waiting to have more data before I can draw my conclusions about Perth.

For those of you who have been sitting on the fence regarding these ships, I would strongly suggest you pull the trigger.  Be aware you do have the opportunity to get a full refund in Doubloons before 0.6.14 regardless if you have played the ships or not, so this presents a rare opportunity to "rent" the ship and try it out for yourself with little risk.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 13

After announcing changes to the way smokescreens will operate, the World of Warships Developers decided to give players who own Premium ships carrying a Smoke Generator (Mikhail KutuzovBelfast and Perth) an option to exchange the ships for Doubloons in an amount equaling to the ships' price, no discounts applied, if they feel those ships no longer meet their gameplay expectations.

To exchange a ship for Doubloons, sell her and get your Doubloons right in the game. The exchange option is available until the release of Update 0.6.14.

I feel it is important to point out that the refund is Doubloons, so people won't actually get their money back, their money will still be tied up in the game. A somewhat nitpick of a distinction, but an important distinction nonetheless

• Cool 2

Helmut__Kohl    40

König Albert returned 1-2 month after its "permanent" removal though, it was even put into the techtree permanently. 

There is no guarantee, that you will acquire rare ships for your money. 

Belfast is really really likely to become the "Type 59" of WoWS though. 

LittleWhiteMouse    16,657
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

There is this as well Mouse, what do you think based on what we know.

I'm much less concerned about a premium that hasn't been introduced into a game than I am about premiums being removed and having their performance specs re-balanced.  There are players that have held off on getting the ships being removed -- some were even waiting until they saw the smoke changes before pulling the trigger.  Now they're under the gun.  It's gotta be very high pressure for anyone that wanted these ships but wanted more information first.  I'm not happy with how this is panning out.

And good point, @Meatshield_No13.  Will amend.

1 minute ago, Helmut__Kohl said:

König Albert returned 1-2 month after its "permanent" removal though, it was even put into the techtree permanently.

No, it hasn't.  Trust me, I keep tabs on this. 

• Cool 1

1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I'm much less concerned about a premium that hasn't been introduced into a game than I am about premiums being removed and having their performance specs re-balanced.  There are players that have held off on getting the ships being removed -- some were even waiting until they saw the smoke changes before pulling the trigger.  Now they're under the gun.  It's gotta be very high pressure for anyone that wanted these ships but wanted more information first.  I'm not happy with how this is panning out.

Fair enough, was just asking that's all.

Helmut__Kohl    40
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

No, it hasn't.  Trust me, I keep tabs on this. 

Check EU. 

You can find König Albert in the shop, like nothing happened. 

We had a sale and addition to the techtree, shortly after the "permanent removal". 

Edited by Helmut__Kohl

Reymu    465

Just bought Kutuzov, and will be testing her probably this weekend. Can't play as much cause damned catch-up to do for my classes.

However, given the rate WG does patches, it seems I have 2-3 months to decide if Kutuzov worth keeping or no, since not heavy on Russian captain training.

HorrorRoach    8

Even though I've never played it, I'm thinking the Kutuzov is still pretty strong without smoke... I should probably buy it, heh.

EJ

Middcore    238

Sad to see the only preserved Royal Navy ship from the World Wars era end up being sort of a debacle for the game and departing ignominiously. 

• Cool 2

Helmut__Kohl    40

Kutuzov will be spotted in smoke at 7.7km and has no radar to counter that. 

Belfast will be spotted at 5.3km and has 8.5km radar to spot back. 

Belfast will be the most legendary and most wanted OP ship in the game.

Type 59 of Warships. 

Edited by Helmut__Kohl

Nhi_Vanye    170
11 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Just bought Kutuzov, and will be testing her probably this weekend. Can't play as much cause damned catch-up to do for my classes.

However, given the rate WG does patches, it seems I have 2-3 months to decide if Kutuzov worth keeping or no, since not heavy on Russian captain training.

Just a warning.  WG has stated that you have exactly 6 weeks, not 2-3 months, to decide.  Patches now drop every 3 weeks, and they even stated that there is a 6 week period to evaluate.

• Cool 1

TheDreadnought    691

I really like HMS Belfast and have visited her.

But she's really just not my playstyle.  Maybe I'll get her, we'll see.

Will totally sell my Kutuzov back.  Again, just not my thing.

Beornotns    125
2 minutes ago, Nhi_Vanye said:

Just a warning.  WG has stated that you have exactly 6 weeks, not 2-3 months, to decide.  Patches now drop every 3 weeks, and they even stated that there is a 6 week period to evaluate.

Thank you for the heads up!

~B

Panzerlin    77

I held off on Belfast because I would have felt dirty with the smoke/radar combo.  Now that its my last chance...

Still not getting it.  :cap_yes:

Also I'm totally expecting Belfast spam after I'm done Mid-Terms, oh joooooy :cap_old:

HorrorRoach    8

Belfast is a no brainer, I think I'll buy that when I get home.

https://wows-numbers.com/ships/compare/?id[0]=3762206160&id[1]=4181636560

Chap vs Kutuzov...Kutu is clearly better. 45$ to get a superior T8 USSR cruiser? Hmm. I'll see how my wife responds when I bring up possibly buying it, lol.

LancerUlysses    147

The smoke change will not affect play for either ship for the most part, as Kutu would smoke up at 12km for the most part anyway and Belfast shouldn't be hanging out within 6km of derpedoes anyway. 

DingBat    494
23 minutes ago, Helmut__Kohl said:

Kutuzov will be spotted in smoke at 7.7km and has no radar to counter that. 

Belfast will be spotted at 5.3km and has 8.5km radar to spot back. 

Belfast will be the most legendary and most wanted OP ship in the game.

Type 59 of Warships. 

While I do believe the Belfast to be OP, nothing comes close to the ridiculousness of the Type 59 in its early days. WoWs has yet to see an analog. 

• Cool 1

joris92    182
19 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I really like HMS Belfast and have visited her.

But she's really just not my playstyle.  Maybe I'll get her, we'll see.

Will totally sell my Kutuzov back.  Again, just not my thing.

Thats the only reason I have the Belfast, because I visited her.

I find it a boring ship to play, personally. Fiji is way more awesome.

I also have Kutuzov, which I barely play. I prefer my PE over her. Might sell Kuto as well.

SmirkingGerbil    192
5 minutes ago, DingBat said:

While I do believe the Belfast to be OP, nothing comes close to the ridiculousness of the Type 59 in its early days. WoWs has yet to see an analog. 

Ahh those were heady days in WoT indeed.

Middcore    238

5 minutes ago, DingBat said:

I was grinding the M4 Sherman during the peak days of the Type 59, with 3-4 of them on each team in every match minimum. 

In retrospect it's a wonder I didn't quit the game then. In retrospect I would have been better off if I had (instead of a year or two later).

LancerUlysses    147
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Stop quitting sales of premium ships or all there will be left to buy is Krasny Krym.

Er... Krispy Kreme no longer available, must be OP.