You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Last Chance for Mikhail Kutuzov and Belfast

111 comments in this topic

Members
566 posts
2,111 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It's been making the rounds, but let me put this in plain English:

If you do not own Mikhail Kutuzov or Belfast,
Today (October 17th) is your last chance to buy these premium ships before they're removed.

iLFTGVE.jpg8jslc6H.jpgCCSKISe.jpg
They will be gone from the store after the 0.6.12 patch (which drops tomorrow, apparently), and they will NOT be directly sold going forward.  They will not be returning to the online store or the in game tech tree.  This is similar to what has happened to the Kamikaze-sisters, Gremyashchy, König Albert and Imperator Nikolai I. 

Sadly, there is no opportunity to grab Perth after this announcement.

Now, I had wanted to do complete updates on my reviews of these two ships.  I'm sorry to say that I was told this was coming from some time and I was hoping there would be more warning.  My finalized reviews were contingent upon getting the smoke data changes and these just weren't available to me until today.  So, that's a missed opportunity there.  I will try and have finalized reviews of these ships (and Perth) updated before the end of  0.6.14 before the refund date rolls around.  My preliminary opinion is that these smoke changes will not adversely affect Belfast or Mikhail Kutuzov significantly given their range and usual method of operations.  I'm still waiting to have more data before I can draw my conclusions about Perth.

For those of you who have been sitting on the fence regarding these ships, I would strongly suggest you pull the trigger.  Be aware you do have the opportunity to get a full refund in Doubloons before 0.6.14 regardless if you have played the ships or not, so this presents a rare opportunity to "rent" the ship and try it out for yourself with little risk.

Thank you Mz. Mouse. I wish I would have bought Perth also. I believe its the right choice by WG but sad to see them go. 

Beta Testers
1,364 posts
16,455 battles
54 minutes ago, Panzerlin said:

I held off on Belfast because I would have felt dirty with the smoke/radar combo.  Now that its my last chance...

Still not getting it.  :cap_yes:

Also I'm totally expecting Belfast spam after I'm done Mid-Terms, oh joooooy :cap_old:

Morals in battle?

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,438 battles

I know this is gonna sound odd, But I'm really glad I picked up the Perth when I did. I would have quit this game already if it wasn't for that ship.

I have the Belfast but it isn't nearly as fun as the Perth. 

[SIM]
Members
3,929 posts
6,598 battles

If you have any inclinations towards CL gameplay, buy both of these ships right now (or at least the one from the nation that you prefer). You will regret it if you don't.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

It's interesting they are pulling both Belfast and Kutuzov due to the change in smoke mechanics. My way of thinking, that pretty much confirms they were originally sold to take advantage of the existing smoke mechanics. Change smoke? Oops... remove ships. Well..

So here's what I think would be a super deal... sometime down the road, the Belfast would get reconfigured as she was during WWII (per WIki alas but I'm kind of lazy on military searches). 

They need to give her torpedoes like the rest of the RN line. In fact, if you were gonna buy either, Miky would be better because she has long range torpedoes. Belfast really has nothing "special" going for her. So to make her, as a premium, competitive, they could upgrade her with torpedoes. 

Even if they don't, I'm keeping mine. No way I want to part with her. Besides guys -we're gonna have to play different with the Minotaur and Neptune too... radar Minotaur is a challenge, trust me... very fragile. Maybe some updates will come for all ships with the wonky, somewhat useless smoke now, eh? 

Time will tell. 

Beta Testers
1,364 posts
16,455 battles
1 hour ago, Helmut__Kohl said:

Kutuzov will be spotted in smoke at 7.7km and has no radar to counter that. 

Belfast will be spotted at 5.3km and has 8.5km radar to spot back. 

Belfast will be the most legendary and most wanted OP ship in the game.

Type 59 of Warships. 

In either ship if you are in smoke with reds within those ranges you are already dead...these smoke changes  ALTER NOTHING FOR ME. Kutuzov's range is just over 19k ....business as usual.

Members
566 posts
2,111 battles
2 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Morals in battle?

Mr. or Sgt. not sure so Spud-san, I have only played 2 games in Belfast which were not good. I like collecting the ships so it's a little enjoyment in otherwise joyless existence. lol

Members
566 posts
2,111 battles
2 minutes ago, Merlox said:

I know this is gonna sound odd, But I'm really glad I picked up the Perth when I did. I would have quit this game already if it wasn't for that ship.

I have the Belfast but it isn't nearly as fun as the Perth. 

I like collecting them myself and missed Perth because of work. That was a long time away from WOWS (no internet) for 5 months I had withdraws. Lucky I have meds. 

Beta Testers
1,364 posts
16,455 battles
1 minute ago, Maggie_Saito said:

Mr. or Sgt. not sure so Spud-san, I have only played 2 games in Belfast which were not good. I like collecting the ships so it's a little enjoyment in otherwise joyless existence. lol

Lol, when you learn how to play her the fun factor becomes awesome....watch the world burn and if cruisers get close enough switch to AP and voila ...cits all day.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Quick little short term cash grab although they'll give you back your money, but who in their right mind would sell it back thinking  it won't be available again?

Everyone will run out and buy it now, just like the Albert, and similar to the Otnik. 

Like the Gremy, the hype will build and they'll make it available, lets say at Christmas. Then many will pay exorbitant amounts of money for the rng chance to get. Just like many did with the Gremy.

They did a hard event for the Kami, a ship unavailable otherwise.

The money back is to cover them for changes being made to smoke. They got burned back in the day for changes to premiums, so prolly just CYA'n.

Oddly enough, they didn't offer money back for those ships that use OWSF. I guess there are more of these ships out there than the others.

Otherwise, theres no real reason to get rid of these ships. They're being nerfed a bit, but nothing that'll really hurt them. They've been fine all this time and all of a sudden "now" they perform too well.

IDK, but I can't get outta my head they're strapped for cash, and trying to cover bases since we're getting towards the end of the year. All these ships for sale/removed. You can't bank on Christmas getting you out the hole for the year.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2

Members
566 posts
2,111 battles
4 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Lol, when you learn how to play her the fun factor becomes awesome....watch the world burn and if cruisers get close enough switch to AP and voila ...cits all day.

Spud-san You most assuredly are correct. My skill set and poor decision making keep my around tier 4-5 area, though play 6 when I can't stop the urge to play BB or Buddy. 

• Cool 1

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
393 posts
10,696 battles
13 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Morals in battle?

Nah, I love being a jerk.  But I'm saving my sheckles for other boats and I've got plenty RN ships, three of them premium.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,699 posts
8,787 battles
14 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

It's interesting they are pulling both Belfast and Kutuzov due to the change in smoke mechanics.

They're not.  They're pulling them because they're overpowered.  The timing coincides with the smoke changes because it gives an extra reason -- these premium cruisers are all being nerfed, thus there's no better time to stop selling them.

Beta Testers
1,364 posts
16,455 battles
4 minutes ago, Panzerlin said:

Nah, I love being a jerk.  But I'm saving my sheckles for other boats and I've got plenty RN ships, three of them premium.

nice.

Members
566 posts
2,111 battles
1 minute ago, Panzerlin said:

Herr Panzerlin, nonrelevant question who is it in your Avitar. looks like seen picture in past. I started collecting ships awhile ago. Do not play many except Scharnhorst. (beautiful vessel) . 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts
Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

They're not.  They're pulling them because they're overpowered.  The timing coincides with the smoke changes because it gives an extra reason -- these premium cruisers are all being nerfed, thus there's no better time to stop selling them.

Okay - well I like many others appreciate your getting the word out. I do, however, feel bad for those players who do not visit the forums. There could be literally hundreds of people who would buy one or both of those ships now if they only knew they were going away. Potentially some lost sales I should think. 

Thank goodness for the forums and CC folk! 

Members
2,224 posts
6,073 battles

I never really considered buying either of these ships as they are priced above my "pull the trigger" price.  Still I inwardly groan inside whenever I see either of these ships on the red side, or worse yet, in Ranked Battles. 

Members
731 posts
4,251 battles
29 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

In either ship if you are in smoke with reds within those ranges you are already dead...these smoke changes  ALTER NOTHING FOR ME. Kutuzov's range is just over 19k ....business as usual.

I was about to say, the Kutuzov's got the longest range of any tier 8 cruiser in the game...  Smoke is of less concern when you are damn near 20km away, ain't it?

~B

*edit* - As an avowed wallet warrior, I am getting the Kutuzov when I get home from work today (I had been on the fence about it for months) and I've had the Belfast since it dropped (all in my quest to own every RN ship [which, not including the BB tech-tree line, means I need the Minotaur to complete the set {Perth doesn't count}]).

Edited by Beornotns
additional information provided

Members
255 posts
11 battles
50 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Do you realize, how quickly Belfast can kill a DD at 5.28km ? 

No one will come that close in randoms. With radar it is certain death. 

Edited by Helmut__Kohl

[DLC]
Members
1,193 posts
4,690 battles
10 minutes ago, Helmut__Kohl said:

Do you realize, how quickly Belfast can kill a DD at 5.28km ? 

No one will come that close in randoms. With radar it is certain death. 

funny enough, this nerf is also a benefit. 

If you're in a Belfast and lit in smoke then you know for a fact something is in your auto-detect range and you just radar in response. In essence, not only is the Belfast spotted but so too is the destroyer, it's like a variation of RDF...

..of course the Belfast is now open to fire from the enemy team but still an interesting thought

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ
  • Cool 1

[FDK]
Members
1,162 posts
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It's been making the rounds, but let me put this in plain English:

If you do not own Mikhail Kutuzov or Belfast,
Today (October 17th) is your last chance to buy these premium ships before they're removed.

iLFTGVE.jpg8jslc6H.jpgCCSKISe.jpg
They will be gone from the store after the 0.6.12 patch (which drops tomorrow, apparently), and they will NOT be directly sold going forward.  They will not be returning to the online store or the in game tech tree.  This is similar to what has happened to the Kamikaze-sisters, Gremyashchy, König Albert and Imperator Nikolai I. 

Sadly, there is no opportunity to grab Perth after this announcement.

Now, I had wanted to do complete updates on my reviews of these two ships.  I'm sorry to say that I was told this was coming from some time and I was hoping there would be more warning.  My finalized reviews were contingent upon getting the smoke data changes and these just weren't available to me until today.  So, that's a missed opportunity there.  I will try and have finalized reviews of these ships (and Perth) updated before the end of  0.6.14 before the refund date rolls around.  My preliminary opinion is that these smoke changes will not adversely affect Belfast or Mikhail Kutuzov significantly given their range and usual method of operations.  I'm still waiting to have more data before I can draw my conclusions about Perth.

For those of you who have been sitting on the fence regarding these ships, I would strongly suggest you pull the trigger.  Be aware you do have the opportunity to get a full refund in Doubloons before 0.6.14 regardless if you have played the ships or not, so this presents a rare opportunity to "rent" the ship and try it out for yourself with little risk.

I got a Belfast from a Supercontainer. It is quite a bugger.

[SALVO]
Members
22,138 posts
22,547 battles

For me, the question is this.  With the smoke changes, is the Belfast good enough to keep or should one just sell it for the doubloons?  (I don't really care for keeping a ship for the sake of collecting ships.)  I'm sorely tempted to see it to get back the doubloons.

Members
255 posts
11 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

For me, the question is this.  With the smoke changes, is the Belfast good enough to keep or should one just sell it for the doubloons?  (I don't really care for keeping a ship for the sake of collecting ships.)  I'm sorely tempted to see it to get back the doubloons.

Nothing will change for Belfast. 

If you sell it, you will be sorry. 

[VVV]
Beta Testers
802 posts
5,445 battles

Going to break down and get the Belfast, Though I didn't need nor want it yet. However it's the only T7 ship I would want and play. So gah......GG WG you won. :(