You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Does the Smoke changes work in Reverse too?

9 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,003 battles

Does it work in reverse too? If I am in smoke and not firing will I spot ships at their respective distances from with in the smoke for torp aiming purposes and such with out them having to be spotted by the team? If they are firing that is.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
9,957 posts
13 minutes ago, _V12 said:

No.

Actually, because of the way they are handling ships behind smoke, it may well work that way. 

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

That is something I am not sure of. Some training room tests might be required to fully see how it has changed.

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,003 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

That is something I am not sure of. Some training room tests might be required to fully see how it has changed.

Test away because if it does, this might be an inadvertent buff to DD's and torp Cruisers.

[CVA16]
Members
2,266 posts
9,839 battles

Seems like it would have to work both ways since it is supposed to apply to ships behind smoke too.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,090 posts
12,645 battles

Unless it has changed since the last PTS, smoke has no "direction". If smoke is the only thing between two ships, and one of them has fired recently, it gets its smokevis range as concealment during the vision check. You can sit in a smoke cloud and spot the flashes on the outside if you want.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,185 posts
12,684 battles

Yes. They specifically state that it works for ships beyond the smoke screen too, that all that matters is that there's a smoke screen between the two ships. Ergo, if you're inside a smoke screen and someone outside shoots at a distance closer than their smoke penalty modifier, they would become visible.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,195 posts
7,346 battles

^^^  That's what I read into it as well.