You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wolcott

Musashi unveiled

204 comments in this topic

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,255 posts
12,842 battles

On the one hand, it can't be as good as the Yammie, On the other hand it doesn't look to be as bad as the Izumo. 

Even if it sucks, I'll probably buy it.  

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,221 posts
5,382 battles
1 hour ago, Zakuul said:

Yamato already had meh AA but great secondaries, Musashi has a pee-shooter and it's going to have atrocious AA, WG setting up this ship for failure I can already tell.

I know you are talking about game balance, but part of me so went.... "Yeah, isn't that how it ended up in real life?"

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,263 posts
8,450 battles
6 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Yes eat Cits that you can heal back with the Zombie ship...I say user error for your results.

You can be perfectly angled in Nelson, and still eat 4 citpens through your face, which you can't heal very much back from. It's just how the ship works.

Both the skill floor and the skill ceiling are incredibly high with Nelson. One mistake, and you're dead, just like a cruiser.

• Cool 1

Members
2,255 posts
3 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Yes eat Cits that you can heal back with the Zombie ship...I say user error for your results.

I say you never played it. Since you only get 10% back from a cit. So yeah great heal there.

After the first heal you'll, heal less the second one and less the 3rd and 4th it does almost nothing.

But yeah... I don't know how to play... 

J2c0Aeh.png

Seems to me your beloved warships today is way off. Scharn is actually better.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,263 posts
8,450 battles
3 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

I say you never played it. Since you only get 10% back from a cit. So yeah great heal there.

After the first heal you'll, heal less the second one and less the 3rd and 4th it does almost nothing.

But yeah... I don't know how to play... 

Seems to me your beloved warships today is way off. Scharn is actually better.

I wouldn't say that Scharnhorst is strictly better than Nelson, but its definitely easier to play.

hr5m2VQ.png

Members
2,255 posts
Just now, Big_Spud said:

I wouldn't say that Scharnhorst is strictly better than Nelson, but its definitely easier to play.

hr5m2VQ.png

Division stats... Mine are solo. :Smile-_tongue:

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,263 posts
8,450 battles
4 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Division stats... Mine are solo. :Smile-_tongue:

wgWp8z7.png

Works pretty well in solo as well...

My division stats in Nelson are actually dragging down my overall, compared to solo...

[XBRTC]
Members
206 posts
8,461 battles
12 minutes ago, Business6 said:

A bit of a faster rudder doesn't compensate for 35s reload and 72s 180º traverse.  Throw in laughably reduced side armor and this thing is just another boring "sniper" battleship that can't hold a candle to other battleships in a brawl, with or without additional secondaries.

Cruisers should tear this thing apart in close quarters.

I believe the reduction in side armor is supposed to be the lower belt only, so it may only result in a weak point, rather than a critical weakness. I suppose we will see. I do very much agree that turret traverse will be an issue, but that's why I said "interesting" rather than "amazing."

With the exception of USN cruisers, at close quarters everything else has torpedoes, so battleships have always been in danger for deletion. It's usually a two-way street, however, because most BB players know where to citadel cruisers.

[RKN]
Members
5,165 posts
10,369 battles

There's one big factor we're not getting info on here.  Yamato's 57mm weather deck is ahistorical, and as KGV has just shown WG is not above nerfing deck armor for balance.  If Musashi gets her deck nerfed to 32mm, she's going to become a giant HE sponge.  To be honest though, I'd rather WG nerf the weather deck and ahistorically stick extra 25mm mounts across the ship to give her at least okay AA.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,471 battles
2 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

wgWp8z7.png

It's Morbid, like his name says every change he sees he feels is destroying the game just ignore him, saves you on the headache.

Members
2,255 posts
1 minute ago, Big_Spud said:

wgWp8z7.png

Half your games in a div only 2k more? :Smile-_tongue:

You must have the best MM'ing in the world. I get CV's all the time. So yeah, I spend a lot of time turning my fat slug side to side. Also get tons of lemmings. Always seem to be on the side with no one else. I should follow the lemming and get free damage.

Members
2,255 posts
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

It's Morbid, like his name says every change he sees he feels is destroying the game just ignore him, saves you on the headache.

I debunked your warships today [edited]. And it is [edited] since it was good bit off after WG dumped the actual stats for conq.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,263 posts
8,450 battles
2 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Half your games in a div only 2k more? :Smile-_tongue:

You must have the best MM'ing in the world. I get CV's all the time. So yeah, I spend a lot of time turning my fat slug side to side. Also get tons of lemmings. Always seem to be on the side with no one else. I should follow the lemming and get free damage.

It gets worse. 

I run mine with a full secondary spec, because I hate myself.

Spoiler

It doesn't [edited] work at all.

Members
2,255 posts
2 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

It gets worse. 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, it's really a waste to spend any points on AA or secondary's. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,471 battles
3 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

It gets worse. 

Reveal hidden contents

7699a3cc1b0dffa4556414658c23317f--futura

You can respec for free this weekend.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,263 posts
8,450 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

You can respec for free this weekend.

Nah, its also my KGV captain. I decided that I will never remove secondary spec on him after this match happened.

Spoiler

shot-17.09.09_16.54.06-0964.jpg

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,471 battles
18 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

My division stats in Nelson are actually dragging down my overall, compared to solo...

tenor.gif

Members
1,296 posts
867 battles
52 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Frankly, Musashi does not need any of those nerfs and just a maneuverability buff to both rudder and radius. Her nonexistent AA and limited secondaries is already a major downgrade.

I expect WG will revert her sigma and armor back before she's released. After all, she just barely went into testing, or about to go into testing.

Her belt armor is identical to Yamato. The 200 mm number refers to the NVNC lower belt that she and Yamato has. It remains to be seen if her weather deck is also ahistorical like Yamato's. It should be 35-50 mm, not 57 mm as in game.

Members
1,933 posts
8,490 battles

In original stock configuration as a tier 9 free XP ship to complement Missouri... ... ... exactly as predicted.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,618 posts
6,923 battles

Personally I would have just preferred they kept the Musashi at Tier 10 and made it the clan wars reward instead of the Stalingrad.  I'm not a big fan of the idea of adding watered down versions of higher tier ships as premiums, and I'm even less a fan of making super unique ships exclusively rare reward ships.  They could have killed two birds with one stone here....

But that's just my opinion though.  Feel free to disagree.    

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1