You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wolcott

Musashi unveiled

204 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,709 posts
3,895 battles
11 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Oh sweet baby Jesus. RIP tier 7.

Can't you read? Or understand basic game mechanics?

19 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

They're already overmatched by 16 inch and 41cm guns. So it's 100% no difference for them.

40 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

T7 BBs and CAs were ALWAYS overmatched by T8+ anyways

39 minutes ago, Lert said:

T7 BBs are overmatched by 380mm and bigger guns anyways.

"But muh shell damage" it isn't that much higher than 41cm shells to begin with.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,407 battles
50 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

22520051_1949452525381085_71165859639341

From the looks of it, Musashi will be in her original 1942 configuration.

This should be interesting, my money is on her being a free xp ship any takers?

[XBRTC]
Members
163 posts
8,195 battles

I asked for this a few weeks ago. Not necessarily at T9, but hey. I hope we get HE from those 6" guns, combined with the better rudder shift we might have an interesting brawler for the IJN.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,254 battles

So it's literally everything that's important about the Yamato but one tier lower, shiner, & a premium. Let's be real who goes secondary Yamato nowadays? Unless you want to be deleted real fast. Yamato already has pathetic AA so it doesn't really matter that Musashi sucks more. Not to mention the Musashi has the highest HP in her tier, literally a T10 BB hull. They probably share the same armor, the 200mm part is probably talking about her 200mm citadel roof.

Yes I know her Sigma's worse but they're the exact same shells. If you can deal with lower accuracy you can still lolpen & delete things just like the Yamato, but at T9.

Edited by GoldPile

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,912 posts
4,186 battles
33 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

For comparison's sake:

No camo, no captain skills, no upgrades installed - All yanked off of my Yamato.

Tier IX Musashi / Tier X Yamato

HP 97300 / 97200

Plating

Musashi 32mm, belt 200mm-410mm

Yamato 32mm, belt 340mm-410mm

Main Battery 3x3 460mm (Identical, duh)

Firing Range 26.5km / 26.6km

HE damage 7300 (Identical)

HE velocity 805m/s (Identical)

AP damage 14800 (Identical)

AP velocity 780m/s (Identical)

Reload Time 35 seconds / 30 seconds

180 degree turn time 72 seconds (Identical)

Max Dispersion 275m / 276m

Sigma 1.8 / 2.1 (thanks, _Fantomex_)

Max Speed 27kts (Identical)

Turning Circle Radius 900m (Identical)

Rudder Shift Time 18.7 seconds / 22.1 seconds

Surface Detectability 17.5km / 18km

Air Detectability 16km (Identical)

Detectability after firing Main Guns in Smoke 19.3km / ???

Edit again:  Here's a link to some Armor Penetration Curves.

any update on torpedo protection? 

[WOLF3]
Members
19,784 posts
18,196 battles
1 minute ago, Cobraclutch said:

any update on torpedo protection? 

I just went by WG's FB post in the OP.  No mention about TDS values.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,709 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, GoldPile said:

Let's be real who goes secondary Yamato nowadays?

I do.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,254 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I just went by WG's FB post in the OP.  No mention about TDS values.

If it's anything like what I've seen so far, it would be no surprise if it's exactly the same as Yamato.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,407 battles
1 hour ago, Wolcott said:

22520051_1949452525381085_71165859639341

From the looks of it, Musashi will be in her original 1942 configuration.

Musashi1942.png

Hey @Pigeon_of_War or @SuperNikoPower mind asking Wargaming if we can get a coal-dust/dark camo like she had for operation Sho-Go (Yes i know that that was her 1944 configuration at that time but I think it would be interesting)?

• Cool 1

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,231 posts
7,966 battles

Oh boy, time for another overmatch machine, but this time at tier 9 with 20,000 more HP than anything else.

It's going to be wonderful watching it get pounded by CV's though.

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,514 posts
5,570 battles

I'm withholding judgement. 35 second reload + 1.8 sigma isn't exactly amazing. Will it be enough to balance Musashi at tier IX? I don't know, maybe..

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,254 battles
10 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I do.

If that's how you like it then go ahead, but I'd personally go with skills to deal with fire spam. Especially since it's more of the meta now more than ever. With the free skill respec coming up you can give zombie builds a try.

Edited by GoldPile

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,709 posts
3,895 battles
Just now, GoldPile said:

If that's how you like it then go ahead, but I'd personally go with skills to deal with fire spam. Especially since it's more of the meta now more than ever. With the free skill respec coming up you can give zombie builds a try.

You act as if I can't have Fire Prevention and Manual Secondaries/AFT in the same build. That's only 18 points total, you know.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,254 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralPiett said:

I'm withholding judgement. 35 second reload + 1.8 sigma isn't exactly amazing. Will it be enough to balance Musashi at tier IX? I don't know, maybe..

Keep in mind that you're seeing a ship at T9 with as much HP as a T10 with possibly the exact same armor scheme & TDS. Her shells are also the shells Yamato uses, hate getting shot at by the Yamato? Still hits just as hard, just 1-2 shells less sometimes.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,254 battles
2 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

You act as if I can't have Fire Prevention and Manual Secondaries/AFT in the same build. That's only 18 points total, you know.

I'm factoring in other skills like Superintendent & BoS as primaries. You can substitute High Alert & JOAT for AFT or Manual Secondaires. But you can't have them all if you go full or mostly zombie.

Edited by GoldPile

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,709 posts
3,895 battles
1 minute ago, GoldPile said:

I'm factoring in other skills like Superintendent, BoS, as primaries. You can substitute High Alert & JOAT for AFT & Mnaual Secondaires. But you can't have them all if you go full zombie.

I don't need to go full zombie. That's Kurfurst's job. I just need enough to mitigate when I get focused until I can delete some of the garbage focusing me.

It's not like I can rely on my team to do anything in tier 10.

Edited by AraAragami

[RUST]
Beta Testers
994 posts
11,186 battles

You can't have both if you specc into concealment expert and super intendent which IMO are better choices than a manual secondaries/AFT build for the Yamato. . 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,254 battles

I don't need to go full zombie. That's Kurfurst's job. I just need enough to mitigate when I get focused until I can delete some of the garbage focusing me.

It's not like I can rely on my team to do anything in tier 10.

Like I said, you do what works for you. I'm just giving recommendations based off my own playstyle & experience.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,784 posts
18,196 battles
3 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

T7 seal clubbing... Sad day.

It's nothing new.  Tier VIII BBs with 16" guns already overmatch Tier VII BB protection schemes.  Hell, Tier VII 16" guns already overmatch their same tiered protection schemes.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,231 posts
7,966 battles
6 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

T7 seal clubbing... Sad day.

Its not even the higher damage overmatch and normal pens, its the fact that most tier 7's can't even hope to reply until around 12 kilometers, and that's ONLY if they catch it flat broadside.

With every other tier 9 BB, most tier 7's (Scharnhorst excluded) can punish a broadsiding tier 9 out until about 17 kilometers. Not so with Musashi. Some, like Nelson, Hood or KGV, need to literally be within 8.2 kilometers of a perfectly broadside Musashi before they can hope to citpen it. 

And good luck flanking it in something like Colorado or Nagato.

Members
1,284 posts
856 battles
51 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The 410mm is identical to Yamato's sides, but when you look at the forward and aft ends of the citadel, Yamato's fluctuates from 340mm-350mm in those areas.  Musashi's, going by what WG's post, is significantly weaker... 210mm.  WOW! :Smile_teethhappy:

I expected nerfs to this ship to happen to be able to be downtiered by 1.  We now have a Tier IX Yamato-class with significantly worse protection than Yamato at Tier X.  The guns are WORSE.  Yamato is famed in the game for her sniper quality, now she loses the 2.1 sigma to 1.8 for Tier IX.

To add to these nerfs, she can still expect to see a lot of Tier X and say, "Hi" to her more powerful, older sister on a frequent basis.

Are you talking about the angled bulkheads of the citadel? To my knowledge those should be the same thickness as on Yamato.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,784 posts
18,196 battles
1 minute ago, Big_Spud said:

Its not even the higher damage overmatch and normal pens, its the fact that most tier 7's can't even hope to reply until around 12 kilometers, and that's ONLY if they catch it flat broadside.

With every other tier 9 BB, most tier 7's (Scharnhorst excluded) can punish a broadsiding tier 9 out until about 17 kilometers. Not so with Musashi. Something like Nelson, Hood or KGV needs to literally be within 8.2 kilometers of a perfectly broadside Musashi before it can hope to citpen it.

Nelson and KGV won't be using AP though :cap_cool: