You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wolcott

Musashi unveiled

204 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
Privateers, Supertester
728 posts
8,584 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

it's around 2.0

[WOLF3]
Members
21,661 posts
19,896 battles
1 minute ago, RivertheRoyal said:

The dispersion between the two is functionally the same though. It just scales with range, and since Yamato has more range, her dispersion is slightly larger. 

Was just throwing out flat stats.  That's not what I'm worried about though.  There's some terrible things about Musashi going on.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,255 posts
12,834 battles

Secondaries look to lose in RoF, but gain in damage from the additional 155s, the AA will just suck for T9. 

I am not sold on the nerf to the main battery reload, but most of the rest of it seems legit. 

[HINON]
Privateers
6,265 posts
3,278 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Was just throwing out flat stats.  That's not what I'm worried about though.  There's some terrible things about Musashi going on.

Was just pointing it out for the people who are inevitably going to whine about Musashi having better dispersion.  

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,982 posts
3,895 battles
21 minutes ago, NCC81701 said:

GG Tier 7 BBs and CAs, welcome to overmatch city. 

They're already overmatched by 16 inch and 41cm guns. So it's 100% no difference for them.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
994 posts
11,220 battles
Just now, AraAragami said:

They're already overmatched by 16 inch and 41cm guns. So it's 100% no difference for them.

People sure likes to pile it on when someone makes a mistake. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,644 posts
17,090 battles
27 minutes ago, Lert said:

I have concerns.

you and everyone else who has a working brain and an understanding of what WoW has done to recently released ships.

(in some ways it's like watching a car at the top of a long, steep hill start to roll down to where the crowded parking lot full of swap-meet vendors is; sooner or later there is going to be a big crash)

• Cool 2

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,770 posts
8,480 battles
1 minute ago, MrDeaf said:

210mm belt... ?

the main belt is still 410mm

[WOLF3]
Members
21,661 posts
19,896 battles
7 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

210mm belt... ?

The 410mm is identical to Yamato's sides, but when you look at the forward and aft ends of the citadel, Yamato's fluctuates from 340mm-350mm in those areas.  Musashi's, going by what WG's post, is significantly weaker... 210mm.  WOW! :Smile_teethhappy:

I expected nerfs to this ship to happen to be able to be downtiered by 1.  We now have a Tier IX Yamato-class with significantly worse protection than Yamato at Tier X.  The guns are WORSE.  Yamato is famed in the game for her sniper quality, now she loses the 2.1 sigma to 1.8 for Tier IX.

To add to these nerfs, she can still expect to see a lot of Tier X and say, "Hi" to her more powerful, older sister on a frequent basis.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,976 posts
12,382 battles

The overmatch might not be bad news for T7, but it's bad news to T8-T10.

It's a huge advantage, and as Missouri's the second most played T9 BB on the server I'd guess we're basically going to see a heck of a lot of it going around. I don't even know what I'd do fighting this in an Iowa or Montana, let alone an FDG.

The balance is all over the place too, the overmatch mechanic is strong but maybe evened out by sigma/ROF. On the other hand HP is huge. 97k at T9 means no matter how much you potato you're not going down any time soon.

Balancing ships with poor AA is a bad idea due to the scarcity of carriers.

[U571]
Members
1,958 posts
13,346 battles

It would seem she has all the same flaws as the Yammy, slow will be a problem, while she can OM most everything else, she will be CV fodder when she falls behind groups,  Question I have on her does she get the Yammy's Torpedo Protection or is it stepped down a bit.

[SIM]
Members
3,914 posts
6,556 battles

Hello lovely, I have a place in my port with your name on it (hopefully).

• Cool 1

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
393 posts
10,696 battles

I may have to train Yamamoto for secondaries and so much fun in the close range.

[SYN]
Members
15,366 posts
12,506 battles
8 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

It would seem she has all the same flaws as the Yammy, slow will be a problem, while she can OM most everything else, she will be CV fodder when she falls behind groups,  Question I have on her does she get the Yammy's Torpedo Protection or is it stepped down a bit.

should be less, since the TDS is a later modification

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
532 posts
2,508 battles

guys, you all forget that T7 is overmatched by 380mm yes, but those deal half of the damage of the 460mm. 
Can you imagine a poor colorado getting hit by 3 or 4 Musashi shells? poor little fella

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
21,661 posts
19,896 battles
2 minutes ago, Apokita said:

guys, you all forget that T7 is overmatched by 380mm yes, but those deal half of the damage of the 460mm. 
Can you imagine a poor colorado getting hit by 3 or 4 Musashi shells? poor little fella

Musashi lacks Yamato's accuracy.  Yamato has 2.1 sigma, Musashi is downgraded into 1.8.  While I'm sure the damage Musashi can do to the Tier VII BB is significant, she doesn't have Yamato's "Sniper" quality accuracy.  It's not the 1 shell Yamato smacks you with.  It's several of them smacking a ship around that's the world shaker.  And Musashi is simply less accurate.

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
532 posts
2,508 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Musashi lacks Yamato's accuracy.  Yamato has 2.1 sigma, Musashi is downgraded into 1.8.  While I'm sure the damage Musashi can do to the Tier VII BB is significant, she doesn't have Yamato's "Sniper" quality accuracy.

Yea obviously, thats why I only said "3 or 4" 

[SYN]
Members
15,366 posts
12,506 battles
2 minutes ago, Apokita said:

• Tirpitz: 11,600 dmg
  • Iowa: 13,500 dmg
  • Yamato: 14,800 dmg

11600/14800 = 78%

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

This is a terrible idea.

Over match is already there most broken mechanic in the game. Spreading guns with magic number cancer is not going the right direction.

Beta Testers
1,020 posts
2,801 battles
40 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

I am disappointed at the lack of a black deck. 

Here's me hoping that's just Musashi without the premium camo.