You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Edgecase

PSA: FREE RESPECS 0.6.12

32 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,090 posts
12,646 battles

I figured the clickfarmers would put this up with the rest of it, but just so nobody misses it:

SWjBZHr.png

5 days of free respecs and module shuffling starting TOMORROW. So don't touch anything until then!

• Cool 15

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Oh I did miss this, great find! Thanks Edge! :Smile_great:

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles

Too late. Bought my Taiho earlier today and added a captain. But then it was just elite XP.

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles

Thank you. Now to break out the captain file and see what changes I want to make. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,090 posts
12,646 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

Too late. Bought my Taiho earlier today and added a captain. But then it was just elite XP.

Bummer if you paid to move the modules from Shokaku, but I'm thinking "respec" in the announcement might not cover retraining to new ships anyway.

1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Thank you. Now to break out the captain file and see what changes I want to make. 

I just remove all spec points from all my commanders when I see one of these go by. Worst case, I end up putting back the same skills that were there before.

Edited by Edgecase

[HINON]
Members
1,491 posts
14,623 battles

Sweet!

A nice opportunity here. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles

Na, I keep the Shokaku. Selling her is like selling the Bismark. Or the Benson. Or the North Carolina... I had a unused 16 point captain.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,718 posts
4,737 battles

Dangit, and i just sold and demounted all the stuff from my Fiji and Pensacola last night and respecced my British cruiser captain :fish_palm:

Edited by vonKaiser

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
711 posts

When they did this before it was due to them changing around details of captain skills.

Did they make some changes to the skills again?

[RNG]
Beta Testers
91 posts
3,134 battles
2 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

When they did this before it was due to them changing around details of captain skills.

Not that I saw. I'm guessing it's to encourage people to get ships/commanders into CW setups and participate in the new mode 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,090 posts
12,646 battles
1 minute ago, DESRON10 said:

Not to the skills themselves, but a lot of people were concerned that it would be expensive to change modules and captain skills for the Clan Battles environment. For instance, since there are no aircraft carriers, a lot of players would want to remove BFT and AFT, and spend those points elsewhere. Now they can do that without feeling like WG tricked them into spending money.

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
16 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Bummer if you paid to move the modules from Shokaku, but I'm thinking "respec" in the announcement might not cover retraining to new ships anyway.

I just remove all spec points from all my commanders when I see one of these go by. Worst case, I end up putting back the same skills that were there before.

That's not a bad idea. Just ugh, keeping all the ships does have a down side. I have 126 ships, so I probably have 100ish captains.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
28 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I figured the clickfarmers would put this up with the rest of it, but just so nobody misses it:

SWjBZHr.png

5 days of free respecs and module shuffling starting TOMORROW. So don't touch anything until then!

Wow thanks for the heads up:Smile_medal::Smile_honoring:

Members
9,958 posts
9 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

This is about letting players experiment with captain builds in CW. 

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
6 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Not to the skills themselves, but a lot of people were concerned that it would be expensive to change modules and captain skills for the Clan Battles environment. For instance, since there are no aircraft carriers, a lot of players would want to remove BFT and AFT, and spend those points elsewhere. Now they can do that without feeling like WG tricked them into spending money.

There was a little concern over the smoke changes, but Clan Battles is probably the bigger driver. Doesn't matter to me as T8 is my top ship. PvE is a no pressure fun Clan and I'm not sure we'll have 7 people that will care to play CB.

Beta Testers
495 posts
6,482 battles

Crap, of course this happens right after I moved around a couple of captains and materials :/  Oh well

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles
32 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

I suspect this is the free window for Clan Wars captain respecs.  I bet they won't do one to spec them back!

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,277 posts
25,281 battles

Hmm.

Looks like I'll be demounting upgrades and zeroing out skills on inactive ships and commanders.

[YORHA]
Members
3,319 posts
Just now, Slyv said:

And of course I'm on vacation until the 24th smh lol

Nov 2 here...