Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

Perth

15 comments in this topic

[SF-A]
Members
2,899 posts
5,719 battles

Could we see it in the tech tree at some point? How long has it been since it was there (if ever)?

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles

Considering they just announced she won’t be available for purchase until further notice, I doubt we’d see her for a good while. That’s if they decide to sell her again.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles
11 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Considering they just announced she won’t be available for purchase until further notice, I doubt we’d see her for a good while. That’s if they decide to sell her again.

I'm sure she will come back, but unlike Belfast and Kov. Which those two will be removed from sales for sure

[SF-A]
Members
2,899 posts
5,719 battles
18 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

When did they announce that?

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,409 battles
9 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

I'm sure she will come back, but unlike Belfast and Kov. Which those two will be removed from sales for sure

They've been sold for a long time now. If they were going to take them off the market permanently, it probably would have already happened. 

[PROJX]
Members
976 posts
15,763 battles
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

They've been sold for a long time now. If they were going to take them off the market permanently, it probably would have already happened. 

The ships will still be available in supercontainers & Xmas crates.  The impetus for removal now is that the upcoming smoke changes significantly affect the play characteristics of these ships and WG is tying a refund program w/the withdrawal for those unhappy that they no longer own what they originally intended to purchase.

At some point in the future, after more data is gathered w/the smoke changes, WG may reconsider - but if the ships were to return to the shop, they probably couldn’t be sold for the current price.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,864 posts
11,578 battles

After getting to play her on my Corgi account, I have been looking to pick the Perth up, looks like it may be a very long time before I get that chance now.

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,768 battles

I got the Perth in a SC a few weeks ago. It's ok, not great.

I'm considering selling it for the dubs.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,409 battles
3 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

The ships will still be available in supercontainers & Xmas crates.  The impetus for removal now is that the upcoming smoke changes significantly affect the play characteristics of these ships and WG is tying a refund program w/the withdrawal for those unhappy that they no longer own what they originally intended to purchase.

At some point in the future, after more data is gathered w/the smoke changes, WG may reconsider - but if the ships were to return to the shop, they probably couldn’t be sold for the current price.

wait, so with the coming smoke nerf to Kutuzov and Belfast(pretty slightly), now they're taking them off the market for good? lol What sense does that make?

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,829 battles
4 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

wait, so with the coming smoke nerf to Kutuzov and Belfast(pretty slightly), now they're taking them off the market for good? lol What sense does that make?

Just need to give them the option to mount repair party instead of the less useful smoke. 

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles
3 hours ago, Ju87s said:

Just announced they are both gone tomorrow.

[PROJX]
Members
976 posts
15,763 battles
2 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

Actually it's sound business sense and it shows that WG learned from it's previous "game mechanic change that affected Premium ships" (i.e. when stealth firing was removed, it affected ships like the Blyskawica).

Imagine if you bought a product for, say $40 - then the company that sold you the product changed it while it had already been transferred to you and you were actively using it, it so that it was 20-30% less useful - you would be unhappy w/o proper compensation.  WG's solution is to reimburse the full non-discounted purchase price of these ships in doubloons if you felt the smoke mechanics were instrumental in your purchase decision and the smoke nerf makes this an undesirable ship.

WG could have done a pro-rated rental type model (i.e. scaled reimbursement based on time of ownership or games played or some other usage related metric), but they didn't.  The only penalty you paid is that the reimbursement is in the in-game currency of doubloons which only has value if you spend it on something else in the game.

At the minimum, if the ships were to remain in the shop. they would have to discount the price (due to reduced tactical capability).  However, there is no large body of game data yet to determine what effect this smoke change would do to the actual ship (test server results are not the same as live server results).  Also, imagine if you offered a differential discount for the reduced arbitrary price of these ships - then there is a distinct possibility that no-one would be happy and many would feel offended that what they're refunding is not what you placed the value of the capability loss at.

The action to pull these ships from the shop (at worst permanently, but possibly subject to return, if more data is gathered for a repriced ship) is sound at least until a new price point is determined.   If the ships ever do go back on sale though, to prevent complaints, WG will still probably need to do a differential reimbursement or some other form of reimbursement (e.g. special cammo etc)  for owners that kept the ships between the original list price and the new price.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,409 battles
14 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

Actually it's sound business sense and it shows that WG learned from it's previous "game mechanic change that affected Premium ships" (i.e. when stealth firing was removed, it affected ships like the Blyskawica).

Imagine if you bought a product for, say $40 - then the company that sold you the product changed it while it had already been transferred to you and you were actively using it, it so that it was 20-30% less useful - you would be unhappy w/o proper compensation.  WG's solution is to reimburse the full non-discounted purchase price of these ships in doubloons if you felt the smoke mechanics were instrumental in your purchase decision and the smoke nerf makes this an undesirable ship.

WG could have done a pro-rated rental type model (i.e. scaled reimbursement based on time of ownership or games played or some other usage related metric), but they didn't.  The only penalty you paid is that the reimbursement is in the in-game currency of doubloons which only has value if you spend it on something else in the game.

At the minimum, if the ships were to remain in the shop. they would have to discount the price (due to reduced tactical capability).  However, there is no large body of game data yet to determine what effect this smoke change would do to the actual ship (test server results are not the same as live server results).  Also, imagine if you offered a differential discount for the reduced arbitrary price of these ships - then there is a distinct possibility that no-one would be happy and many would feel offended that what they're refunding is not what you placed the value of the capability loss at.

The action to pull these ships from the shop (at worst permanently, but possibly subject to return, if more data is gathered for a repriced ship) is sound at least until a new price point is determined.   If the ships ever do go back on sale though, to prevent complaints, WG will still probably need to do a differential reimbursement or some other form of reimbursement (e.g. special cammo etc)  for owners that kept the ships between the original list price and the new price.

I could see the refunds part in theory. But they didn't offer refunds for the Sims for example when OWSF was removed. However, anybody who would sell their Belfast over this small nerf is insane, and they could still sell the ship for full price. The only ship of the 3 that is actually getting a hard nerf is the Perth. My point is that there were complaints about the Belfast and Kutuzov being OP for a long time now.  Now that they're getting nerfed, WG decides it's time to pull them from sales. That's the silly part.

Sign in to follow this