Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
why_u_heff_to_be_mad

Kutu and Belfast being removed/also can refund them

97 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,346 posts
22,746 battles
4 minutes ago, Destroyer_Shigure said:

Same, also wanna know which one would be the better overall choice if you could only buy one.

I played 290 games with the MK and got a 57% WR out of her even I don't play usually cruisers. I have 95 games in the Belfast so the number of 60% WR can still change with a few games. The Belfast is more demanding but also more versantile and sits in the tier 7 sweetspot. Also: you need a captain only build for this ship while you can use the MK as a crew trainer for VMF cruisers (even DD). Both are solid ships if you figure out how to play them.

[ARGSY]
6,346 posts
22,746 battles
6 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

If ships are closer than 8 km to the Kutuzov, it's a mistake by the Kutuzov captain.

This

[-VT-]
Members
662 posts
8,406 battles

Think I will play both ships after patch to get a feel for how bad the nerf is, we have 2 patches to decide.

[-K-]
Members
6,902 posts
11,447 battles
7 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

If ships are closer than 8 km to the Kutuzov, it's a mistake by the Kutuzov captain, or he is trying to gun down a damaged ship with his dpm at close range.  It's wise to offer refunds, good for PR and cuts down on SJW outrage and talk of the TOS and how it's been "violated".  They took the Kamikaze/Fujin ships away because of their performance, and now they are removing these two - it's fair.

Yep, I firmly believe that Belfast should have been removed long ago.  It has too many tools and advantages compared to other T7 ships.  But I assume it was making a good load of $$$, so it wasn't justified to remove it until these new smoke changes came into effect.

Both these ships will still be very effective in the future when used with proper care.  But I'm not sad to see them go.

[ARMDA]
Beta Testers
126 posts
3,150 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

I played 290 games with the MK and got a 57% WR out of her even I don't play usually cruisers. I have 95 games in the Belfast so the number of 60% WR can still change with a few games. The Belfast is more demanding but also more versantile and sits in the tier 7 sweetspot. Also: you need a captain only build for this ship while you can use the MK as a crew trainer for VMF cruisers (even DD). Both are solid ships if you figure out how to play them.

So I can just put, say, Jack Dunkek who's been sitting around doing nothing into the Belfast? 10 points should be enough right?

Members
5,687 posts
6,492 battles
40 minutes ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

I am pretty sue you meant WA.

What a ship did historically has nothing to do with the consummables it gets in the game. The “famous concealment” is already incorporated into the NC. There is no real justification for taking a tech tree ship, giv it another name, and just giving it radar.

Then I guess we should just remove Missouri from the game then. :Smile_trollface:

:Smile-_tongue:

[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
13,909 battles
14 minutes ago, Destroyer_Shigure said:

So I can just put, say, Jack Dunkek who's been sitting around doing nothing into the Belfast? 10 points should be enough right?

Yup, if you can add 2 points through elite Capt XP, you can get most of the full value of Jack Dunkirk.  He is dedicated to the Belfast alone - I have 19 point Capts in both my Minotaur and the KG V as i grind up the line.  Use the 4 points for IFHE, not concealment - you can add that skill much later, or not at all since your base conceal on the Belfast with camo is 9.9 km anyway.  My 14 point version has PT @ level 1, JoAT, SSE, and AR @ level 2, SI @ 3 and IFHE @ 4.  I will probably add EM @ 2 ( the turrets rotate a little slowly and it gets a boost from Jack's latent ability ) and DE @ 3.  There are a lot of suggested builds, that one is working nicely for me.  IFHE just gives you more rounded damaged, you will still start fires, but not as frequently - which is why I will add DE as the next skill.

• Cool 1

Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,769 posts
4,839 battles

I still debating if i want to sell my MK or not. I hardly play that ship at all, In fact i play my Molotov a lot more then I do with my MK. Beside I gotten MK for free as a reward for being in WG official modpack. But hey! At least they gave us 2 patchs(6 weeks) to decide, 10,250 doubloons seem like a good offer to pass up on :cap_like:

[PROJX]
Members
1,037 posts
20,810 battles
23 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

So...should I buy them now?

Not a bad idea - I currently have both and plan to keep them.  Of the two, the Kutuzov (despite a greater bloom range) is less affected by the change since her 19+ km gun range tactically resulted in smoking up from greater distances when you actually used her (especially when fire spamming groups of ships). The Belfast (at least for me)smoked from a shorter range (usually 10 km +/-) which gives you less margin w/ a 5+km bloom.

In general, I think both will still be effective, but you just have to be more careful in your tactics and a hidden DD between you and the enemy can now ruin your day.

[SYN]
Members
15,367 posts
12,506 battles

Looking back, it only took WG...

• 347 days to admit Belfast was OP
  • 645 days to admit Kutuzov was OP
  • Cool 1

Members
23,591 posts
5,963 battles
1 hour ago, Airglide2 said:

I don't see what the point is in offering a refund to OP ships.  It's like giving back pistols to customers who traded for assault riffles, lol.  Unless I'm missing something?

The point is avoiding a big flap, like WoT had with the Super Pershing.

Instead of waiting for the feces to hit the impeller, and getting flooded with complaints, and giving refunds to unsatisfied customers, they're just cutting to the chase and avoiding much of the unpleasantness. (including people leaving) It sets a precedent which will add a degree of comfort to premium ship purchases. (note that the refunds are doubloons only, so WG will mitigate the losses. It's like getting a coupon instead of a cash refund)

TBH though, I don't know if it's necessary. A Belfast currently opening up at 5.5km is likely going to get hydro'ed, and any time I've ever ran afoul of one, it's been more like 7+km away anyway. As far as the Kutuzov, it's usually 10+km away. The smoke changes aren't going to affect the utility of those 2 ships much IMO.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,984 posts
12,400 battles
Just now, MrDeaf said:

Looking back, it only took WG...

• 347 days to admit Belfast was OP
  • 645 days to admit Kutuzov was OP

There are 13 US doubloon/XP premiums, none of which have been removed from sale as OP.

There are 12 Russian doubloon/XP premiums of which 3 have now been removed from sale as OP.

There are 6 British doubloon/XP premiums of which 1 has now been removed.

Coincidence, or merely chance?

[ARGSY]
6,346 posts
22,746 battles
35 minutes ago, Destroyer_Shigure said:

14 points, you should have CE and IFHE. But he is a good choice. All of his bonus skill helps you with the ship.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,310 battles
1 hour ago, Rabbitt81 said:

thank the WG gods, no more Winfasts island camping everywhere going nah nah you can't stop me!

Wrong. Not being sold again and if you have it and don't sell it, still have them.

So yes you'll still deal with my "Winfast".

[CK5]
Members
1,110 posts
10,053 battles

I watched a stream featuring a two ship division (Sims and Belfast) from a very well known clan put on a clinic on smoke firing.  They alternated smoke allowing the Belfast to almost continuously fire concealed in smoke while the Sims spotted.  The Belfast methodically burned every ship in range to the waterline while the Sims sent torps at any ship that got a little too close.  After watching I had to agree that the smoke firing mechanic needed to be modified. 

I have about 200 matches in the MK and love the ship, but I don't use smoke much offensively, but rather use it to break contact.  I think I will still keep it.  

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

The following ships are no longer available for purchase in the game client:

• Mikhail Kutuzov;

Nothing in notes say Belfast..

[CK5]
Members
1,110 posts
10,053 battles
7 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

• Mikhail Kutuzov;

Apart from that, with the release of Update 0.6.12 the cruisers Mikhail Kutuzov and Belfast will be unavailable for purchase in Premium Shops, whereas Perth will not be available for purchase until further notice.

Yep, it says the Belfast.   

Edited by PrairiePlayer

Members
1,866 posts
Just now, gcangel82 said:

Perth, this just make perth into a normal T6 CL, nothing special about her and actually makes her inferior.

Yeah, it's gonna suck, which is why I'll take the refund. I already had regrets due to the crappy gun range.

[ARGSY]
6,346 posts
22,746 battles
3 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

• Mikhail Kutuzov;

My source is the screenshot on reddit, could be that it is from th easia server since the post went up before the patchnates were shown on NA.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
Just now, PrairiePlayer said:

Apart from that, with the release of Update 0.6.12 the cruisers Mikhail Kutuzov and Belfast will be unavailable for purchase in Premium Shops, whereas Perth will not be available for purchase until further notice.

Yep, it says the Belfast.   

Gotcha.

They must've forgotten to put in.

Not the first time for WG. :Smile_teethhappy:

[-ZF-]
[-ZF-]
Members
661 posts
8,603 battles

ill wait before giving them up, this will probably be like stealth fire, youll just have to learn how to use them differently.

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,255 posts
12,846 battles

The nerf  for these two ships is miniscule, as both tend to fire from well beyond their new bloom circle. 

I'll keep mine, TYVM. 

[WOLF3]
Members
21,685 posts
19,928 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

Kutuzov: 7.72km
Belfast: 5.28km

I think those are still perfectly workable, because you are very likely to have a friendly DD in front of you anyways

If that is indeed the smoke detection ranges, that is 100% workable still.

Most especially Kutuzov as she usually uses a lot of range to pad for her safety and an easy exit.

Belfast just needs to hang back a bit, but that's typically done anyways.  You don't camp within 6km of a threat unless you want to be rushed or easily torpedoed.

If people think this change is going to affect the performance of these 2 ships, they are going to be terribly disappointed.

Members
1,866 posts
Just now, LancerUlysses said:

The nerf  for these two ships is miniscule, as both tend to fire from well beyond their new bloom circle. 

I'll keep mine, TYVM. 

Belfast's will be about hydro range anyway,as will the rest of the CLs. I have enjoyed lighting up motionless ships, getting radared while in smoke, not so much, LOL.

Sign in to follow this