Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
why_u_heff_to_be_mad

Kutu and Belfast being removed/also can refund them

97 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
11,411 posts

Interesting, I guess you could get the doubloons out of these ships, then wait for a sale on them again if you dont play them much right now.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,978 posts
12,382 battles
5 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Kutuzov: 7.72km
Belfast: 5.28km

I think those are still perfectly workable, because you are very likely to have a friendly DD in front of you anyways

If anything I think it's more of a hit to Belfast. Belfast ideally wants to smoke up ~9km away, whereas Kutuzov is happy smoking 14-15km out. It's easier to go from 9km away to 5 than it is to go from 15 km away to 7.7.

23 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

I don't see what the point is in offering a refund to OP ships.  It's like giving back pistols to customers who traded for assault riffles, lol.  Unless I'm missing something?

Although they're at pains to say this isn't a precedent, it's weird that they're offering this for the smoke change but didn't give a toss about the OWSF change.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,342 posts
22,720 battles

It's OK to remove them, I have them already :cap_haloween:

At least WG prevent a lot of posts people ask for their money back because their premium ship is unplayable. I always kept some distance from the enemy when I smoked up in the Belfast/MK so I don't think the impact of the change will be too much for me.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,476 posts
15,219 battles
Just now, Erebthoron said:

At least WG prevent a lot of posts people ask for their money back because their premium ship is unplayable.

Instead we'll get a lot of people getting their money back because "OMG you've ruined them forever" and then regret their decision when the numbers show that they actually didn't really lose any performance whatsoever. Which is a lot funnier, really.

• Cool 3

[NDA]
[NDA]
Supertester
6,193 posts
4,952 battles
29 minutes ago, Lert said:

They're being removed from the store, not from the game.

Looks like they'll still be available as supercontainer rewards post removal too.

[ARGSY]
6,342 posts
22,720 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Interesting, I guess you could get the doubloons out of these ships, then wait for a sale on them again if you dont play them much right now.

Good luck waiting for ships that get removed from the store!

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Instead we'll get a lot of people getting their money back because "OMG you've ruined them forever" and then regret their decision when the numbers show that they actually didn't really lose any performance whatsoever. Which is a lot funnier, really.

Exactly. I'm not selling mine, in fact my Kutuzov was from a Christmas box. So it didn't nearly cost what it normally does. :Smile_medal:

[HINON]
Members
11,411 posts
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Good luck waiting for ships that get removed from the store!

I misread, I wouldn't be surprised if they show up in the Christmas boxes this year which would be cheaper than the base price.

[-K-]
Members
6,897 posts
11,428 battles
36 minutes ago, Lert said:

They're being removed from the store, not from the game.

But, will the removal be permanent or just cyclical like the rest of the premiums?

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,794 posts
3,992 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

I misread, I wouldn't be surprised if they show up in the Christmas boxes this year which would be cheaper than the base price.

That's assuming a gracious RNGoddess. We've had some who went through 50+ boxes and didn't get a single ship; then others who got 2 or more in just 10 boxes.

[WUDPS]
5,048 posts
4,848 battles

Cracked a Belfast in half with my Oktober Rev...typed in "you don't know how to use that ship" and he called me a noob.

Remove it from the store.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,471 battles

Bah I'm more interested in Vampire, I'm keeping my Belfast....All we will need is to have her as a commander.

210?cb=20140802024821

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
6,342 posts
22,720 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

But, will the removal be permanent or just cyclical like the rest of the premiums?

Looks like permanent. They say that the Perth will be sold eventually latet again.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,794 posts
3,992 battles
6 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Permanently gone, like Nikolai and Kamikaze/R/Fujin, but with the ability to get them indirectly via lootboxes (Xmas, Event, or Regular Supercontainers) and events (Fire vs Water competition, forum events, etc).

Perth is the sole exception; they are debating whether to release her again in the future or restrict her like MK and Belfast.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,263 posts
8,450 battles

I guess its a slight hit to them, but its not really major.

Can't wait to see all of the people crying about refunding them, just to find that they were still totally fine.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,476 posts
15,219 battles
13 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

It'll be like Koenig Albert, Gemyashchy, Imperator Nikolai I and Kamikaze.

So...should I buy them now?

IMO, yes. The changes aren't big enough to warrant selling them, IMO they'll still be good ships. Just need a slightly more careful hand.

[ARMDA]
Beta Testers
126 posts
3,150 battles
Just now, Soshi_Sone said:

Same, also wanna know which one would be the better overall choice if you could only buy one.

[NERO]
Members
3,629 posts

"Hey so if you don't want these ships we nerfed anymore we'll buy them back. ...also we're never selling them again because even with the nerf they're too OP to sell but you know if you want to give them back you totally can and junk."

I wonder if anyone's going to fall for this? :Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
6,342 posts
22,720 battles
Just now, Soshi_Sone said:

If you like playing CL and don't have to care about the money: yes. The Belfast is the more squishy of both but has much more potential. Radar, smoke and hydro plus the T8 camo module that gives you 8.7km stealth range.

[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,455 posts
13,870 battles
19 minutes ago, Lert said:

If ships are closer than 8 km to the Kutuzov, it's a mistake by the Kutuzov captain, or he is trying to gun down a damaged ship with his dpm at close range.  It's wise to offer refunds, good for PR and cuts down on SJW outrage and talk of the TOS and how it's been "violated".  They took the Kamikaze/Fujin ships away because of their performance, and now they are removing these two - it's fair.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this