Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
why_u_heff_to_be_mad

Kutu and Belfast being removed/also can refund them

97 comments in this topic

Members
1,936 posts

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_12-patchnotes/

-  can refund full dubloon price for MK Belfast and Perth

- MK and Belfast deemed too efficient and being removed from the shop

After announcing changes to the way Smoke Screens will operate, the World of Warships Dev Team made a decision to give players that own Premium ships carrying a Smoke Generator (Mikhail Kutuzov, Belfast and Perth) an option to exchange the ships for Doubloons in an amount equaling to the ships' price, no discounts applied, if they feel those ships no longer meet their gameplay expectations.

To exchange a ship for Doubloons, sell her and get your Doubloons right in the game client. The exchange option will be available until the release of Update 0.6.14.

Apart from that, with the release of Update 0.6.12 the cruisers Mikhail Kutuzov and Belfast will be unavailable for purchase in Premium Shops, whereas Perth will not be available for purchase until further notice. This is because those ships turned out to be excessively efficient in certain battle situations. Be mindful, however, that the ships will continue to be available for receipt in containers.

Edited by why_u_heff_to_be_mad

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Glad to see something's being done about Belfast.

Edited by Elegant_Winter

[PVE]
Members
382 posts
8,602 battles

thank the WG gods, no more Winfasts island camping everywhere going nah nah you can't stop me!

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,733 battles
Just now, Rabbitt81 said:

thank the WG gods, no more Winfasts island camping everywhere going nah nah you can't stop me!

They're being removed from the store, not from the game.

• Cool 5

[90THD]
Supertester
1,065 posts
6,115 battles
Just now, Rabbitt81 said:

You will still have to deal with those who have them currently....like me ;).  They won't be removed from the game, just no longer available for purchase.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles

The refund is probably because of the smoke-firing nerf. 

Belfasts will still be as strong as ever. It's not much of a nerf since the concealment when firing is still decent (5.28km)... and if anything was close enough to detect you, either A. they're already in radar/hydro range and will likely die quickly or B. you misplayed and deserve to be punished

This is a bigger punch to the MK since the bloom is notably larger(7.72km), and it doesn't have the utility of radar. I'll be selling mine for the 10k doubloons. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[TBOW]
Members
1,252 posts
10,669 battles

Don't see where this is going to make that big a deal on Belfast and MK.  The have the 152mm guns, so there will be a bloom, if you are placed properly along with smoke (near and island) you should be just fine.  I think this has more an effect on say a Mino who is constantly firing her guns in a steady stream.  Perth, this just make perth into a normal T6 CL, nothing special about her and actually makes her inferior.

Members
709 posts
9,924 battles

I don't see what the point is in offering a refund to OP ships.  It's like giving back pistols to customers who traded for assault riffles, lol.  Unless I'm missing something?

[PVE]
Members
382 posts
8,602 battles

That;s easy, I just stay outside of firing range since a spotted Winfast doesn't live long in the open.

Whoever thought that combo of consumables was a good idea must have been trying to make a perfect ship for ranked---oh nevermind.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,733 battles
1 minute ago, Airglide2 said:

I don't see what the point is in offering a refund to OP ships.

Because the upcoming smoke changes are undeniably nerfs to those ships.

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,686 battles

Good. Making both of those ships weaker (even if by a little bit) is a good thing, but this is a fair solution.

Could we see Perth added to the Tech Tree?

Members
636 posts
741 battles

Reading through the patch notes, it appears the USS Massachusetts is coming, which makes me sad as I want the USS Washington, so I can have radar or amazing concealment. 

[SYN]
Members
14,451 posts
10,446 battles

Kutuzov: 7.72km
Belfast: 5.28km

I think those are still perfectly workable, because you are very likely to have a friendly DD in front of you anyways

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
5,295 battles

I think some of you are misunderstanding what is happening.  They are offer a refund due to the smoke fire change and they will no longer be selling them, they are not just taking them away from everyone that owns them.  If you own it, you can keep it.  The smoke fire changes won't have too much effect on them, as their guns are small enough caliber to still fire a decent range without being auto spotted.

Members
2,072 posts
4,057 battles
6 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

Reading through the patch notes, it appears the USS Massachusetts is coming, which makes me sad as I want the USS Washington, so I can have radar or amazing concealment. 

Get the NC then for concealment. All the high tier US BBs had adar irl, but only MO actuall has it in game, so Washington would not have it either.

Members
636 posts
741 battles

Well the Massachusetts is famous for sneaking about in the night, riddling the Kongo-class Kirishima using radar fire control, then slipping away. If it is added it will probably have amazing concealment or radar.

1 minute ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

Get the NC then for concealment. All the high tier US BBs had adar irl, but only MO actuall has it in game, so Washington would not have it either.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, RealNewDeal said:

Well the Massachusetts is famous for sneaking about in the night, riddling the Kongo-class Kirishima using radar fire control, then slipping away. If it is added it will probably have amazing concealment or radar.

Extremely doubtful it’ll have radar.

Members
636 posts
741 battles
Just now, renegadestatuz said:

Extremely doubtful it’ll have radar.

Yea at best it'll just have amazing concealment, but a man can hope!

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
683 posts
10,527 battles
Just now, RealNewDeal said:

That was South Dakota and Washington Massachusetts is Famous for Disabling Jean Bart at Casablanca 

Members
2,072 posts
4,057 battles
1 minute ago, RealNewDeal said:

I am pretty sue you meant WA.

What a ship did historically has nothing to do with the consummables it gets in the game. The “famous concealment” is already incorporated into the NC. There is no real justification for taking a tech tree ship, giv it another name, and just giving it radar.

Members
636 posts
741 battles
2 minutes ago, yamato6945 said:

That was South Dakota and Washington Massachusetts is Famous for Disabling Jean Bart at Casablanca 

They were firing on a stationary incomplete battleship with a single functioning turret, the Washington riddled an enemy battleship and slipped out undetected,

Edited by RealNewDeal

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
3 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

That was Washington my dude.

Members
636 posts
741 battles
Just now, Middcore said:

That was Washington my dude.

Just now, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

I am pretty sue you meant WA.

What a ship did historically has nothing to do with the consummables it gets in the game. The “famous concealment” is already incorporated into the NC. There is no real justification for taking a tech tree ship, giv it another name, and just giving it radar.

Yea I know, a little tired and also doing other things.

Sign in to follow this