Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
why_u_heff_to_be_mad

Predicted tX CW meta/builds?

Botes  

40 members have voted

1. 1. BBaddies

• Mongueror
    • Monty
    • Yammy
    • Gk
  2. 2. CAsuals

• Moskva
    • Des Memes
    • HIV
    • Hindy
    • Zao
  3. 3. baDDies

• Gearing
    • Groz
    • Zed
    • Khaba
    • Shima

25 comments in this topic

Members
1,936 posts

Hey.

I'm fundamentally lazy and would like to be spoon fed what the experts think the go to ships and even builds will be (given no CV and smoke changes).

My own thoughts are probably not relevant as I don't  tX much but;

-Mongueror and maybe Montana. Stealth and fire mitigation

-Moskva and Des Memes for radar, (Hindy for long lasting hydro/overall performance?)

-Torpedo Gearing and....dunno, Zed?  Khaba I think is easily focused by good tX cruisers.

Pls halp.

Edited by why_u_heff_to_be_mad

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,887 posts
11,607 battles

Conqueror seems like the clear winner for BBs, Monty second. 

All the Cruiser (except Mino) seem capable, but Moskva seems top tier (and the ship running my flag this season)

Gearing seems like the best choice, fast low detect torps seem like the best choice for catching enemy DDs or cruisers.  I think DDs will struggle in this meta.

Mosty it seems you and I have a similar opinion

Just my non-expert opinion lol

[TBOW]
Members
1,263 posts
10,726 battles

Conqueror for seems to be the consensus for the BBs, thought I think Monty and may GFK for overall health pools and ability to damage sponge.

DM and Moskova to Radar everything, HIndy for her armor.  (I think you will see mostly 1 dd games)

I said shima for her stealth and long range torps meaning she can bomb a point to contest it without getting into radar range.  Even with Torp Accelerator her torps are 16km range.   

[-K-]
Members
5,310 posts
9,141 battles
4 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

I said shima for her stealth and long range torps meaning she can bomb a point to contest it without getting into radar range.  Even with Torp Accelerator her torps are 16km range.   

Anybody who runs 20km torps on Shima in ANY meta is a fool, since they are detected from the moon.

[CAFE]
Members
1,396 posts
10,763 battles
10 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I think DDs will struggle in this meta.

Uhh lol? :Smile_facepalm:

With no CV to spot DDs and radar that can be easily outplayed, I do not see how DDs will struggle in any way...

Conq will only be meta in bronze, I would be surprised to see it outside that bracket

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,887 posts
11,607 battles
Just now, FratStar4Life said:

Conq will only be meta in bronze, I would be surprised to see it outside that bracket

Care to explain why you think this?

[CAFE]
Members
1,396 posts
10,763 battles
2 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Bad accuracy, unreliable pen, more susceptible to torps - You need something that can reliably hit and kill cruisers and DDs, the Conq is not it.

[5D]
Members
1,246 posts
7,273 battles
3 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Montana has stupid accurate guns and is an amazing cruiser killer.

Yammy has godlike torpedo protection in what promises to be a torpedo soup.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,887 posts
11,607 battles
Just now, Spartias said:

Montana has stupid accurate guns and is an amazing cruiser killer.

Yammy has godlike torpedo protection in what promises to be a torpedo soup.

I agree Montana seem like a strong contender.  Yammy overpens like crazy though, I could see that being a frustration with mostly cruiser targets.

[5D]
Members
1,246 posts
7,273 battles
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I agree Montana seem like a strong contender.  Yammy overpens like crazy though, I could see that being a frustration with mostly cruiser targets.

I'm not a Yammy fan for the meta, just saying there are reasons to bring it.

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,085 posts
9,017 battles
58 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Anybody who runs 20km torps on Shima in ANY meta is a fool, since they are detected from the moon.

5 shims crossing torps, see you dodge them all.  5 Shims focusing a target with Guns.  It might be fun.  But I won't be running the 20 Km torps.  If they run that it's going to have acceleration. 

[D12]
[D12]
3,085 posts
9,017 battles
53 minutes ago, FratStar4Life said:

Bad accuracy, unreliable pen, more susceptible to torps - You need something that can reliably hit and kill cruisers and DDs, the Conq is not it.

Conqueror speed and detectability is going to help.   Yamato has good torpedo bulges but cruisers will burn it down. We just have to see.  I just don't see Yamato lasting in torpedo soup.

[-K-]
Members
5,310 posts
9,141 battles
17 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

5 shims crossing torps, see you dodge them all.  5 Shims focusing a target with Guns.  It might be fun.  But I won't be running the 20 Km torps.  If they run that it's going to have acceleration. 

But those torps will still have an insane detection range by the enemy.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,809 posts
15,355 battles
1 hour ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

Khaba I think is easily focused by good tX cruisers.

Yes, but Khab has armor. I don't think Khab and Shimy will be the main DD's in clans; I'm thinking players might just go with the Jack-of-all Trades boats like Gearing, Z-52, and Groz.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,413 battles

Conqtana/Moskva/2xDes Memes/2xGearing/Z52 or Khab

This first seasons restrictions are too [edited] so we're gonna see a lot of cookie cutter boring garbage. 

[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,792 battles

FratStar beat me to it, but yeah, the Kurfurst or Montana will be meta in the higher leagues. Conqueror simply doesn't bring anything to the table. It's HE spam is only effective against BB's, concealment is rather pointless since everyone will know where the only BB on the enemy team is if it's not spotted through common sense, and the super heal falls apart when faced with actual, coordinated focus fire that is found on high-skill competitive teams.

As for DD's: Z-52, Gearing, maybe the Shima, depending on how large the smoke meta is.

CA's: They're all fairly effective in their own right, but Des Moines and Hindy will be first and foremost.

[PLPTE]
Members
493 posts
6,886 battles

Threads like this are silly.  If a clan spends time on Test, or training with sister clans to develop a meta that works well... do you think they will just give it away in a thread like this?

Take that a step further.... don't you think they'd intentionally prop up a different meta that they know they can beat?

No information here is useful or conclusive.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,240 posts
14,670 battles

1 Conqueror or Montana

1-2 Z-52 or Gearing

Rest?  Radar + Hydro Moskvas and Des Moines

Whatever DD(s) you bring better be ace quality, it's not going to be nice.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[OPG]
Members
3,983 posts
5,722 battles
41 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

FratStar beat me to it, but yeah, the Kurfurst or Montana will be meta in the higher leagues. Conqueror simply doesn't bring anything to the table. It's HE spam is only effective against BB's, concealment is rather pointless since everyone will know where the only BB on the enemy team is if it's not spotted through common sense, and the super heal falls apart when faced with actual, coordinated focus fire that is found on high-skill competitive teams.

Don't forget the Conqueror is covered in 32mm armor, which makes it even more vulnerable to focus HE spam.

[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,792 battles
36 minutes ago, Kerrec said:

Threads like this are silly.  If a clan spends time on Test, or training with sister clans to develop a meta that works well... do you think they will just give it away in a thread like this?

Take that a step further.... don't you think they'd intentionally prop up a different meta that they know they can beat?

No information here is useful or conclusive.

Clearly you aren't well versed in the Warships competitive environment. Meta's aren't exactly secrets; no one is trying to disseminate false information here.

Members
9,997 posts
3 hours ago, Nachoo31 said:

Conqueror speed and detectability is going to help.   Yamato has good torpedo bulges but cruisers will burn it down. We just have to see.  I just don't see Yamato lasting in torpedo soup.

Check the detectibility nerf on the Conqueror. :Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Supertester
7,525 posts
7,588 battles
6 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Check the detectibility nerf on the Conqueror. :Smile_teethhappy:

The detectibility nerf isn’t going to hurt her at all. She’s still super stealthy and stealthiest BB at tier. They didn’t even nerf it by a full km.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Beta Testers
1,199 posts
6,207 battles

BB will be a toss up. Montana for firepower and flexibility, GK for pure tank/distraction plays, Conq for aggressive plays and memers. I'd rate Montana's cruiser and DD killing firepower extremely high though.

Cruisers will be Moskva, Des Moines. Fairly competitive with each other, but possibly more emphasis on Des Moines for raw DPM.

I'd say Z-52 and Khaba for DD. I don't see Gearing being able to use its firepower, and the torpedoes will be severely hindered by hydro/vigilance. Khab for flex and DD tackling, possible smoke.

1 Montana, 2 Z-52, 1 Khaba, and the rest DM and Moskva depending on preference, in my opinion.

[CRMSN]
5,411 posts
3,589 battles

Montana vs cruiser meta 
Yamato vs Montana 

Des Moines for DD's
Hindenburg / Moskva for CA's

Z-52 for Torpedoes / Anti DD. 

I don't see why the Gearing would be a good choice, yes the smoke is good but the 52 is just a better all around package. 

Cap - 52

Torpedoes - 52 

Gunnery - 52

Smoke - Gearing 

52  can put out 16 torpedoes in the same time it takes the Gearing to put out 10. 

Gearing would IMO be the last choice especially with the smoke nerfs. 

Sign in to follow this