You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

If you are facing this clan watch out!

42 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,329 battles
35 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

don't care.  elitist clans partially ruined world of tanks and we're not gonna let that happen here.

Good luck with that. Doomed to fail.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
3 hours ago, Pulicat said:

4EDELhL.jpg

I know your weakness! You cant beat me now! =U

*gets bucket of catnip ready* Mwahahaahahahahha! >=3

[TWFT]
Members
1,112 posts
32,266 battles
56 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

don't care.  elitist clans partially ruined world of tanks and we're not gonna let that happen here.

I dont think they come under "elitist", they are just a collection of really skilled players.  I'm wondering though that when you have a talent group like that in one team, will they tare themselves apart?  Do some of those unicum teams in WOT last for a long time?  Time will tell if Salty can hang together or like other high powered teams will they burn from the inside out.

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
1 hour ago, Gen_Saris said:

Amazingly enough some of us play just for the entertainment value and don't devote our entire lives to pixel ships. 

There are random battles for that.  Nothing wrong with playing the game, but I don't understand why people get mad when someone who commits a large amount of time to the game beats them.  Not saying you specifically, but the whole point of the post is sort of to throw shade at a clan who commits to the "elitist jerk" mindset.  There is nothing wrong with being casual or committed - the rewards are different and the goals are different but that is the way it is supposed to be.  If everyone gets a trophy, there is no point in competing.

It's a competition, don't be mad if you can't come in first.  That's the point. (not you specifically, just a general statement)

When I DID play competitively in MMO's, I loved going after the top guilds.  Nothing is more satisfying then beating a top competitor.  Truth be told, it gets boring when you get good enough to roflstomp average people.  You want the challenge.  Wins against worthy competition are way more rewarding.  You stomp people in randoms to keep your edge, but there is little fun in it.

[CNO]
Members
5,025 posts
15,822 battles

I have experience with five clans where I share OP's sentiments.  Not playing "in" the clan, but just observing how well they play...in divisions as well as solo.  Bottom line, there are some very good players out there...and some very good clans (containing said players).

And yes, I do like it when they are on my team.  Had a game last night when we won and I actually scored higher than the divisioned clan.  Ironically, I only scored "better" than they did "because" of their excellent T10 DD play. I was playing a T10 BB and they kept me clean of enemy DDs.  A BB brawler can do so much better when not harassed by DDs.  

On the flip side, I don't mind playing against them either....although my wins are south of 50 in those matches, it makes those wins that much more satisfying.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,329 battles
1 hour ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I know your weakness! You cant beat me now! =U

*gets bucket of catnip ready* Mwahahaahahahahha! >=3

I already know your weakness.

?format=1000w

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,050 posts
4,848 battles

OPG is the only clan I truly fear.

The others kinda leave me suspect...more so when they stack 9 players on one side and STILL lose.

Members
1,114 posts
5,951 battles
2 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

Agreed, there are some clans that are already toxic; but at least SALTY is generally a class act.

It's easier to be classy when you're winning.

Edited by Ajax_the_Great1

[O7]
Members
676 posts
16,249 battles
2 hours ago, Turbotush said:

I dont think they come under "elitist", they are just a collection of really skilled players.  I'm wondering though that when you have a talent group like that in one team, will they tare themselves apart?  Do some of those unicum teams in WOT last for a long time?  Time will tell if Salty can hang together or like other high powered teams will they burn from the inside out.

I like to think I have made some genuine friends at SALTY.  We have an eclectic and eccentric group or guys/gals and that makes it all the more fun to division and hang.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,511 battles

There some other good clans that also fall in the same boat as salty. -K-, -I-, OPG (well sorta), ZR, STW, and a few other I don't care to remember.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,511 battles
3 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

There some other good clans that also fall in the same boat as salty. -K-, -I-, OPG (well sorta), ZR, STW, and a few other I don't care to remember.

We did beat a ZR div and an OPG div last night at the same time. :Smile_honoring:

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
41 minutes ago, Ajax_the_Great1 said:

It's easier to be classy when you're winning.

That is SO not true from my experience hehehe.

[SALTY]
Members
229 posts
17,860 battles
4 hours ago, Turbotush said:

Good team, very focused and will not give two craps about the enemy.  They really know how to flank and push, they will not stop no matter what damage they are taking.  Most everyone on there team has a 60% WR and a high hit percentage.  There leader Dachosenonefosure is a very good Rank1 player with great skills and knowledge of the mechanics of this game.

As for me, I cringe when I see them on the other team, but I cringe when I see them on my team also.  They live up to there name sometimes and being on there team can be sort of annoying.

They will be a good team to go up against in Clan Wars, you will ether get slaughtered, win or learn as you face them.

This man needs a courtesy HJ for that comment.

[CRUEL]
[CRUEL]
Members
187 posts
20,065 battles

Played a game with three SALTY on our team. It was over in ten minutes our win. They came in One Two Three on the leader board. We lost one ship. They are very good. o7