You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
flackbait_steel

Pigion, can you shed some light on Super Containers

34 comments in this topic

[VENOM]
Members
20 posts
12,778 battles

Does some =one know that actual chance of getting a super container on a random draw, and how much extra chance do you get by choosing "try your luck"? I have pulled close to 750 containers, try your luck about 80% of the time and have received 3 super containers since containers became available, except as special event awards. Am I statistically beating the odds for drawing the chup card, or is the chance that low? 

[O_O]
Members
4,427 posts
9,600 battles

My results have been better than that, so I suspect you have just been having bad luck.

[HINON]
Members
9,047 posts

TYL is double the chance that a regular draw has. But the chance is still pretty low with either choice so dont go expecting them to fall from the sky. Just be pleasantly surprised when you get one. Think of the regular rewards of containers as your expectation.

[SF-A]
Members
2,901 posts
5,719 battles

With TYL, I've had 5 in the past month or so.

• 7 days Premium
  • Radar mod
  • Hydro mod
  • 50 Halloween camo
  • 100 dragon flags

Doing pretty well for 1-2 containers per day.

Beta Testers
1,057 posts
13,856 battles
29 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

With TYL, I've had 5 in the past month or so.

• 7 days Premium
  • Radar mod
  • Hydro mod
  • 50 Halloween camo
  • 100 dragon flags

Doing pretty well for 1-2 containers per day.

Awesome, I've opened more than 1000 containers and received 3 SCs in all that.

Members
5 posts
2,352 battles

I think super containers are a hoax to make fools like myself keep "trying my luck". Funny how they say you may be unlucky and get less for your choice. You ALWAYS get less for your choice.

I have put many an hour into this game and haven't even heard of anyone getting one. Not even sure if they are going to be worth the loss of goods if you do.  World of Warships, if your reading this could you please explain the failure of any of these appearing? If the odds are such you should let us know because I currently see a 0% chance of collecting one and am tired of playing your fool 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,405 battles

It's because I'm sucking up all the luck. Since the middle of summer, I've gotten 2 speed mods, one radar mod, 3 spotter plane mods, 2 1k doubloons, Belfast, and De Grasse.

Now's your chance, though, I stopped doing TYL in favor of credit boxes since they seem to give a higher drop of Yamamoto collection items for me. Plus I dug deep into the bank to outfit Friedrich and Yamato at the same time.

Members
5 posts
2,352 battles

Huh, I gues I should have read the comments first, lol! I have been wanting to ask the question for so long I guess I was just filled with pent up crazy fatigue. I see many of you have gotten many a super container. I have been playing gairly regularly since I started not to long ago and haven't seen a one and I have been picking 3 a day, the max so... If what you all say is true then bad luck isn't the phrase that would explain my inability to procure one, I guess it would be more akin to a word, "Shlepprock"! 

[SAA]
Members
860 posts
27,345 battles

All I get is more reserve captain spots!  I got 48 now.  I don't even do TYL anymore and really don't care about SC.  Sort of burned out about seeing any SC in the future, and If I get one ill just call it a pleasant surprise as I get 10 more reserve captain spots.......yeah.

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
46 posts
15,298 battles

Yeah, I haven't seen one since December. Been thinking that they had Quit giving them out.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,149 battles

I don't think we know the exact percentage. It's low on both types, and the chance of something really special is even lower. I pulled 1 a couple days ago, first in a while, 50 +50% credits (special signal). Not bad. But it's really low chance. I go for stuff I need, and SC are a bonus.

[WGA]
Developers, Administrator, Moderator, F&F, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
1,091 posts
3,760 battles

Do I know? Yes.

Will I share it? No.

Sorry about that, trade secret and what have you.

[DOG]
Members
153 posts
6,198 battles
11 hours ago, PelicanHazard said:

It's because I'm sucking up all the luck. Since the middle of summer, I've gotten 2 speed mods, one radar mod, 3 spotter plane mods, 2 1k doubloons, Belfast, and De Grasse.

Now's your chance, though, I stopped doing TYL in favor of credit boxes since they seem to give a higher drop of Yamamoto collection items for me. Plus I dug deep into the bank to outfit Friedrich and Yamato at the same time.

Gratz on getting not one but two ships.  I've never gotten a ship, but lots of mods I probably will never mount, some doubloons, 3 times 50K Free XP (nice jump on my way to the big MO), and 2x 10M credits.

[VENOM]
Members
20 posts
12,778 battles
9 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Do I know? Yes.

Will I share it? No.

Sorry about that, trade secret and what have you.

Darn you PIGIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! 

Ok, I understand sworn to secrecy stuff.  

I just checked, I have opened 702 containers and have pulled 3 or4 SC's

Can you tell me if I'm super unlucky by the statistics and should keep trying because luck is bound to come back my way? Or my results are within the statistical average?

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles
21 hours ago, CaptKeado said:

Huh, I gues I should have read the comments first, lol! I have been wanting to ask the question for so long I guess I was just filled with pent up crazy fatigue. I see many of you have gotten many a super container. I have been playing gairly regularly since I started not to long ago and haven't seen a one and I have been picking 3 a day, the max so... If what you all say is true then bad luck isn't the phrase that would explain my inability to procure one, I guess it would be more akin to a word, "Shlepprock"! 

Ancient Chinese saying " It most unlucky to be superstitious"  And yes I have never seen Super Container. Good fortunes to you Capt. Keado (キード)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,708 battles

I have got like 6 or 7 in total since I started WOWS in Dec 2016. Most came in the 1st few months. Been some good ones with a 50K Free XP, 100 Zulu flags, and one (my 1st) with an obscene amount of credits. Don't remember exact amount but I was like wow! The other 3 or 4 were disappointing as they were modules and all but 1 I couldn't even use if I had wanted to. Sold all of them for the $650k so at least that was good. Never got a ship. Also, FWIW, all my SC's have come in TYL. 

Been on a cold streak here for a while. I don't do TYL as much as I used to though. With SC drops even more rare now, and not a big fan of 4 detonation flags or more reserve slots I don't need, I do a lot more credits or signal/camo crates now. I like it when I get the 50K credits and 500 Free XP. I always hope for that 750 Free XP on the TYL if I don't get an SC but that is rare too.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,418 posts
9,614 battles

I was thinking they were intuitive, but when my 'Accident_Sorry' account got it's first one...

'Special Hydro Upgrade #1'..   Ok..  I'm up to a couple tier 4s at the time...

Need a tier 7 cruiser...  It sat in inventory until the Indianapolis went on sale.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,426 battles

I've received 931 containers since they started dropping. I've gone for TYL 150 times. Have received 3 SCs. Real excited about 100 repair flags and the smoke cannistors.