You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CheapWine

Did I win or did I lose?

29 comments in this topic

[B-K-N]
Members
30 posts
8,126 battles

So i finish 7th in a battle on the "winning" team.  With  premium account that gave me a wonderful negative 30,895 credits.  Had I not been premium it would have been negative 84,745.  Makes me wonder what happened to the last place person on our winning team, maybe they got their account suspended for a week?  What about the losing team, I wonder what they got, maybe a month in a gulag doing forced labor to pay off their debt to WG?  When we get to clan wars and the top players join together to smash the average players it will be interesting to see just how punitive WG makes it for those losing clans.  

[PSP]
Members
6,240 posts
8,874 battles

I wonder if WG has changed something recently as far as credit earning goes. I came in third or fourth tonight on a winning team and was surprised to see that I had lost several thousand credits while playing my North Carolina. The only thing I have mounted that costs money is camouflage but I usually earned credits, even if I was mid-level on a losing team. For the moment, I've stopped purchasing camouflage for the NC and am just running he ship "naked" or with container camo so that I can at least break even.

Edited by Snargfargle

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,000 posts
13,670 battles

The reality is consistently earning credits at tier 10 is a challenge.

As you learn and improve you just need to drop back tiers occasionally to bolster your bank roll.

Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I wonder if WG has changed something recently as far as credit earning goes. I came in third or fourth tonight on a winning team and was surprised to see that I had lost several thousand credits while playing my North Carolina. The only thing I have mounted that costs money is camouflage but I usually earned credits, even if I was mid-level on a losing team. For the moment, I've stopped purchasing camouflage for the NC and am just running he ship "naked" or with container camo so that I can at least break even.

Nope - since the switch to straight service costs it takes Unicum level damage to make money in 9-10 tier games.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
315 posts
9,901 battles

I run the Military Month Contributor Flag on every ship. It is the only flag (that I am aware of) that provides in-game benefits. As much as there are other flags I would like to fly, I only fly this one.

Capture21b.JPG.9ab611478a771644c6474a69cde8fb93.JPG

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,182 battles

Premium camo = farm credits at TX

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles
3 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

$25 premium camo..   Pay to....  not lose.

I got it on everything T8 and above except the Iowa.

Looks like I won't be taking the 'loaners' into clan battles.

Edited by AVR_Project

Members
18,198 posts
5,196 battles
39 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Nope - since the switch to straight service costs it takes Unicum level damage to make money in 9-10 tier games.

Not quite.

I made 20K credits yesterday in my FdG in a Tier 10 match, and I'm on a standard account. 85K is hardly unicum-level damage.

It's also rare for me to lose credits in my Roon, it typically nets me anywhere from 5-40K.

Mind you, I have a pretty good stock of camo, and don't use premium consumables, unless I have freebies ( I save all those for my Tier 9 ships)

Beta Testers
1,045 posts
13,833 battles

Yeah...I thought this was no longer an issue, at least with a premium account. Do damage, take a hit or three, defend a cap, take a cap.....make money, the formula works. I find it difficult NOT to make coin in high tiers unless of course......CO OP.

[REVY]
Members
951 posts
7,510 battles
6 hours ago, CheapWine said:

So i finish 7th in a battle on the "winning" team.  With  premium account that gave me a wonderful negative 30,895 credits.  Had I not been premium it would have been negative 84,745.  Makes me wonder what happened to the last place person on our winning team, maybe they got their account suspended for a week?  What about the losing team, I wonder what they got, maybe a month in a gulag doing forced labor to pay off their debt to WG?  When we get to clan wars and the top players join together to smash the average players it will be interesting to see just how punitive WG makes it for those losing clans.  

Without a screenshot of the results, it's really hard to comment.

What ship were you in? What was the spread of the teams?

4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Besides the base service fee, you also are 'charged' for the ammunition used. So every shell that is fired that doesn't hit anything is 'wasted' credits. I think I saw a break down once of main battery, secondary, and torpedo 'costs', but I just can't locate it now.

1 hour ago, FireAndHEspam said:

thats where all the doubloons I have gotten in missions, challenges, and crates have gone to. Getting a premium camo (either buying or earning through convoy/missions) is a credit saver and earner.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,138 posts
6,777 battles

High tier ships often lose money on a win. This force players to go to lower tiers in order to bankroll their high tier play and has the side-effect of keeping the "core" tiers of the game (5,6,7) heavily populated with players. 

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,705 battles

weird, i often end up in losing team and still earn credit in my montana/khaba, none of which has a perm camo

[PSP]
Members
6,240 posts
8,874 battles
3 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Besides the base service fee, you also are 'charged' for the ammunition used. So every shell that is fired that doesn't hit anything is 'wasted' credits. I think I saw a break down once of main battery, secondary, and torpedo 'costs', but I just can't locate it now.

Ah, I think that may have been what happened in the game where I lost so many credits. I spent a lot of time brawling with AA and secondaries firing all over the place and just occasionally hitting something.

Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles
10 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Mind you, I have a pretty good stock of camo, and don't use premium consumables, unless I have freebies ( I save all those for my Tier 9 ships)

The above is the difference - add those things in and you will see the cash disappear faster than you can say hi.

Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles

I don't believe so - the service fee includes everything.  I would like to see anything that states otherwise if it can be found.

[B-K-N]
Members
30 posts
8,126 battles

Here is an update to my original comments.  I didn't renew my premium account and the result was a tier 8-10 battle with my Des Moines where I finished 3rd on a winning team and was rewarded was a negative 3221 credits. Thank you sir may I have another. 

[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
708 posts
3,702 battles

You see Ivan if you buy all the premium Camos like I do you too will never lose credits even in a ridiculously bad loss.

But no seriously I don't think I've lost credits in tier 10 or any tier for that matter since they introduced premium camos. Of the 119 ships I have,  every one that can mount it has a permanent camo,  I even have multiple permanent camos on some ships like the Russian DDs.  Helps me out financially quite a bit.

Members
1,068 posts
5,972 battles
On 10/17/2017 at 7:14 PM, CylonRed said:

I don't believe so - the service fee includes everything.  I would like to see anything that states otherwise if it can be found.

It can be found in the last tab of every results screen, the one that shows XP and credit details.

1. Service fee

2. Consumables cost (DCP2, RP2, etc.)

3. Any camo paid for by credits

4. Ammo fee

Clicking on those little arrows that point to the right will open the details for each credit gain/cost area.

Members
18,198 posts
5,196 battles
On 17/10/2017 at 7:32 AM, CylonRed said:

I dunno about unicum-level damage, but yeah, of course you need to do damage. Before, you could just snipe from max range and make money, because you did a teeny bit of damage, compared to not taking any.

Blame those types for the change if you don't like it. Me, I like the change, because I'm making more.

Edited by Skpstr