Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ChisanaJun

Mockba places

19 comments in this topic

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles

In, Mockba for a few weeks. Any suggestions for what to see. Went to Great Patriotic war museum yesterday. Amazing place. Not too busy for Monday. We will be unbusy next few days so time to investigate interesting locations. 

If few weeks hope to visit Aurora and Kutuzov. Hope to go to Gadzhiyevo, Not know if military let us there. though.  

59e59b20bdc69_images(14).jpg.6815077197cdea0e7263754636a20163.jpg59e59b17cbc66_images(12).jpg.9abf8b3fd1cbb268c5d0c915051c2ee0.jpg

Edited by Maggie_Saito
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

@Maggie_Saito

How about these?

https://russiathenandnow.wordpress.com/2015/12/15/impressions-of-russia-mockba/

The Red Square

Of course, we had to visit the Red Square! It´s the main city square of Moscow and surrounded by several extremely important buildings:

the Kremlin: where the government resides – in the Kremlin, there are nice gardens and many other catherdrals as well as other official buildings of course. At the Kremlin wall, there´s also the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier that is dedicated to all Soviet soldiers who lost their lives during World War II.

Lenin´s Mausoleum: where Vladimir Lenin´s embalmed body is showcased – I went inside and will definitely never get that picture out of my mind! Understandably, there were no photos allowed, so if you´re interested, you will have to personally pay Lenin a visit as well!

St. Basil´s Cathedral: similar style to St. Petersburg´s Church of the Saviour in Spilled Blood, although I would argue that it´s not as beautiful from the inside

Kazan´s Cathedral: the Orthodox Church was restored after Josef Stalin had ordered its destruction in 1936

State Historical Museum: contains displays of Russian history from many eras

GUM Department Store: a famous, luxurious shopping centre with amazing architecture – it used to be a state department store, but was privatised after the dissolution of the Soviet Union

The Fallen Monument Park

The park was established in 1992 and contains hundreds of sculptures – they were removed from their pedestals during the collapse of the Soviet Union and are therefore referred to as “fallen”. Later on, sculptures in remembrance of the victims of communism were added to the park´s display. Nowadays, also new, modern sculptures have been added and the park has become a great attraction!

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles

Claustrophobia

1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

@Maggie_Saito

How about these?

https://russiathenandnow.wordpress.com/2015/12/15/impressions-of-russia-mockba/

The Red Square

Of course, we had to visit the Red Square! It´s the main city square of Moscow and surrounded by several extremely important buildings:

the Kremlin: where the government resides – in the Kremlin, there are nice gardens and many other catherdrals as well as other official buildings of course. At the Kremlin wall, there´s also the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier that is dedicated to all Soviet soldiers who lost their lives during World War II.

Lenin´s Mausoleum: where Vladimir Lenin´s embalmed body is showcased – I went inside and will definitely never get that picture out of my mind! Understandably, there were no photos allowed, so if you´re interested, you will have to personally pay Lenin a visit as well!

St. Basil´s Cathedral: similar style to St. Petersburg´s Church of the Saviour in Spilled Blood, although I would argue that it´s not as beautiful from the inside

Kazan´s Cathedral: the Orthodox Church was restored after Josef Stalin had ordered its destruction in 1936

State Historical Museum: contains displays of Russian history from many eras

GUM Department Store: a famous, luxurious shopping centre with amazing architecture – it used to be a state department store, but was privatised after the dissolution of the Soviet Union

The Fallen Monument Park

The park was established in 1992 and contains hundreds of sculptures – they were removed from their pedestals during the collapse of the Soviet Union and are therefore referred to as “fallen”. Later on, sculptures in remembrance of the victims of communism were added to the park´s display. Nowadays, also new, modern sculptures have been added and the park has become a great attraction!

Thank you Mr. Sovereigdawg I  been to Red Square, though have not walked it. (we are working from their Ministry of Energy which sits adjoins square. And came in on train to station which is simply gigantic. They have underground looked downstairs but somewhat Claustrophobia. so avoided that. Will visit Have you been to State historical museum? I will try to visit Thursday. Seem to have full agenda now Thank you. Any Naval history here? our guards don't speak with us so not helpful. but feel very safe. We staying Moss Boutique. Very (American term) snooty? decadent?. but beautiful. 41700 Yen a night. I am enjoying beauty of city. it almost 9.4c nice. Will go Naval Museum Moscow later today. new song I heard like it a lot

59e5bfd175e58_download(6).jpg.1355b44f412be7e18b05674e67bb7833.jpg

Edited by Maggie_Saito

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I will google it for you. @Maggie_Saito

Mr. Sovereign Dawg (would make you King correct?)  I can find on google (and Japanese google so not have to figure it out lol.) You are a very kind King. if all were such. 

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298484-d7912687-Reviews-Russian_Navy_Museum-Moscow_Central_Russia.html

Guided tour of the B-396 Soviet submarine for 400R (only in Russian).
There is competition for the limited number of tickets on the weekends, so make sure to get there early. On the plus side, the small tour groups and spacious interior (for a diesel submarine!) makes for a far less crowded experience than is typical on submarine tours

staticmap.png.ad73baabee5663c82566330903fbc360.png

Have you heard of this one? @Maggie_Saito

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles

I will go there this week Looking forward to seeing strange airboat? thing Don't know if I will be able to go in submarine scary. wish had six months to see all RU. but now that I assigned to RU area may see much more. Image result for russian naval museum moscowImage result for russian naval museum moscow      Did anyone realize Soviets and USA both had atomic torpedos? 

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_of_the_Great_Patriotic_War,_Moscow

The Museum of the Great Patriotic War is a history museum located in Moscow at Poklonnaya Gora. The building was designed by architect Anatoly Polyansky.[1] Work on the museum began on March 3, 1986, and the museum was opened to the public on May 9, 1995.[2] The museum features exhibits and memorials concerning World War II, known in Russia as "The Great Patriotic War".

The museum features 14,143 square meters of exhibit space for permanent collections and an additional 5,500 square meters for temporary exhibits.[2] Near the entry to the museum is the Hall of Commanders, which features a decorative "Sword and Shield of Victory" and bronze busts of recipients of the Order of Victory, the highest military honor awarded by the Soviet Union.

Location in Moscow
Established 9 May 1995
Location 10 Brothers Fonchenko St, Moscow, Russian Federation, 121170
Coordinates 17px-WMA_button2b.png55.73078°N 37.50488°E
Type History museum
Collection size 75,090 items
Visitors 700,000 - 800,000 per year
Director Vladimir Zabarovskaya
Curator Andrey Fetisov
Public transit access Park Pobedy, Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya Line
Website http://www.poklonnayagora.ru/

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

@Maggie_Saito Mr. Sovereign Dawg (would make you King correct?)

Sovereign does mean king. In America however, the Sovereignty belongs to the people. So in a sense we are all Kings. The People are above the Government. When the King of England signed over America he signed it to all of the people making us all Kings, with the thought that if we were all kings that there would be nothing but chaos. Our founding fathers were very intelligent men and made our Constitution which grants rights to all of us Kings and formed our Government (courts) which is not above the people but allows for the separate kings (each person) to file grievances against one another. It also formed the Legislative branch (Congress and Senate the lawmakers) and the Executive branch (The President). Again both of those are not above the People either. So In America the People are Sovereign (The top Dawgs so to speak) and are Kings even over the President and out rank him. When I say SovereignDawg that's the Sovereignty that I am talking about. There are actually two separate united States. There is the united States of America (The people and the Country) and the there is the US (which is the corporate US Government) To be Sovereign in America you have to be an American citizen and not be a US citizen. If you are a US citizen it means that you are the chattel (property) of the US corporation. It's kind of complicated but I have studied this for quite a long time. That kind of explains the "Sovereign" that I am denoting by my use of the term. If I say more this could be termed as a political post, so I will end it here and call it a history lesson. I am sure if you are interested in this subject that you can find out a lot about it from Arizona University.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
11 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

@Maggie_Saito Mr. Sovereign Dawg (would make you King correct?)

Sovereign does mean king. In America however, the Sovereignty belongs to the people. So in a sense we are all Kings. The People are above the Government. When the King of England signed over America he signed it to all of the people making us all Kings, with the thought that if we were all kings that there would be nothing but chaos. Our founding fathers were very intelligent men and made our Constitution which grants rights to all of us Kings and formed our Government (courts) which is not above the people but allows for the separate kings (each person) to file grievances against one another. It also formed the Legislative branch (Congress and Senate the lawmakers) and the Executive branch (The President). Again both of those are not above the People either. So In America the People are Sovereign (The top Dawgs so to speak) and are Kings even over the President and out rank him. When I say SovereignDawg that's the Sovereignty that I am talking about. There are actually two separate united States. There is the united States of America (The people and the Country) and the there is the US (which is the corporate US Government) To be Sovereign in America you have to be an American citizen and not be a US citizen. If you are a US citizen it means that you are the chattel (property) of the US corporation. It's kind of complicated but I have studied this for quite a long time. That kind of explains the "Sovereign" that I am denoting by my use of the term. If I say more this could be termed as a political post, so I will end it here and call it a history lesson. I am sure if you are interested in this subject that you can find out a lot about it from Arizona University.

I am interested very much though what is Dawg? At U of A., I have taken no civic courses. Those I took at Kyoto. My mother was half Japenese half American Jew. Not know if He was US citizen or United States of America citizen. I have no understanding of politics though in U of A no one I know cares for the President. I will go to Library of Congress this next summer. Have training in Washington DC next August.for work. Do not understand comment about Sovereign though. It seems illogical for everyone to be Sovereign (that difficult word to spell) lol. You are fine gentleman sir thank you for your time and graciousness. I learn much in these forums and you are major part of that. I know you should never critique your betters, so forgive me you are a very caring man. 

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_of_the_Great_Patriotic_War,_Moscow

The Museum of the Great Patriotic War is a history museum located in Moscow at Poklonnaya Gora. The building was designed by architect Anatoly Polyansky.[1] Work on the museum began on March 3, 1986, and the museum was opened to the public on May 9, 1995.[2] The museum features exhibits and memorials concerning World War II, known in Russia as "The Great Patriotic War".

The museum features 14,143 square meters of exhibit space for permanent collections and an additional 5,500 square meters for temporary exhibits.[2] Near the entry to the museum is the Hall of Commanders, which features a decorative "Sword and Shield of Victory" and bronze busts of recipients of the Order of Victory, the highest military honor awarded by the Soviet Union.

Location in Moscow
Established 9 May 1995
Location 10 Brothers Fonchenko St, Moscow, Russian Federation, 121170
Coordinates 17px-WMA_button2b.png55.73078°N 37.50488°E
Type History museum
Collection size 75,090 items
Visitors 700,000 - 800,000 per year
Director Vladimir Zabarovskaya
Curator Andrey Fetisov
Public transit access Park Pobedy, Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya Line
Website http://www.poklonnayagora.ru/

Hotel manager advised GPWM is best in city and plan several days to observe it. I will wait until next week have several days with open time. Love museums, it's my escape from my reality into someone else's. 

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
9 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

I am interested very much though what is Dawg?

Dawg is just a slang term for Dog. I use it that way because I feel that Dawg, is more like a Blue Tick Hound (A loyal fiend and a good hunter but a little lazy or laid back. Dog to me is more fierce like a German Shepard or Rottweiler (Still loyal but more aggressive and high strung or anxious) So Sovereign (King, Monarch, Alpha) and Dawg (Dog, Canine, just a more relaxed one). So SovereignDawg is kind of a reference to the Top Dog or Alpha Dog.

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles

Understand now. Many cultures to refer to someone as Dog is not conducive to friendship. Why I asked thought maybe depression problem also. Hoped I was incorrect happy to see I was. 

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,699 battles
8 hours ago, Maggie_Saito said:

If few weeks hope to visit Aurora and Kutuzov.

You realise Aurora is in St Petersburg & Kutuzov is in Novorossisk?

Always wanted to visit Kubinka, its close to Moscow.

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
27 minutes ago, hoom said:

MR. Hoom Yes I understand that. We have some down time in a couple weeks going to go see the sites, I have not seen and then returnto Japan To work again. Like short vacation. Never had time to do so when here before . 

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
38 minutes ago, hoom said:

my first to tour Mockba, also though have been here for work many times.So doing Japanese torist thing. Wonderful weather too. Russians are interesting people and culture. Would like to stay for a year or so to see the country.

Sign in to follow this