Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fiona_Marshe

Solo Warrior win

14 comments in this topic

Members
280 posts
724 battles

B cap held, A and C unheld.  5 ships to 2 (me at A, ally at C).  I finish the St Louis (who has been plaguing me all game) and Cap A, lose sight of SoCal behind the island.

Meanwhile Kuma kills another cruiser then dies to BBs.  Leaves Orion vs Orion, SoCal, Myogi and Yubari.

Circle the island (as hidden by distance from C) and pop out finding the near SoCal facing guns the wrong way.  Pop one AP broadside into him (only Citadel of the match), take my Ap pain (most bounce), then pop him with a second AP salvo.  Set course for B.

Get spotted same time Yubari gets to B cap.  Spread HE salvoes between Yubari and Myogi; Myogi uses Damage Control (bad mistake).  On reload, put a single turret onto Myogi starting another fire; he only has 3k health left, so I let him burn down and concentrate on Yubari.  Finish him off, but suffer another fire (used DC 30 seconds earlier to put out 2 more).  Look at health and burn time and realise "dead from fire"; turns out I'm still alive... by 64 hit points.  Any hit will kill me.

I turn and run, trying to keep the island between me and the cap (knowing he has to come that way) and slide a little too far west, getting spotted in the narrow visibility gap.  Incoming AP salvo from Orion misses and I drop back into hiding for the win.

WOWS_ImpossibleWin.thumb.jpg.7f950462437dd226a3fedd9061a0a647.jpg

Edited by Fiona_Marshe
  • Cool 2

Members
280 posts
724 battles

More like 2 in 2400.  My home region is Asia.

Still haven't managed Solo Warrior there (despite 4x the matches).

The next Revolution mission is really going to suck.  Need 1600 base xp; even with Kraken, Solo Warrior and a Capture, I only got 1566 base.

Edited by Fiona_Marshe

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles
12 minutes ago, Fiona_Marshe said:

The next Revolution mission is really going to suck.  Need 1600 base xp; even with Kraken, Solo Warrior and a Capture, I only got 1566 base.

It's easier to achieve higher base xp  in higher tiers. For example, your result there would have probably been 2500 easy at tier 10, assuming at least 170k damage to account for tier increase. 

Edited by Pulicat

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,182 battles
3 hours ago, Fiona_Marshe said:

Welcome to low tiers. The EXP and credit earnings are significantly higher at tier VIII-X. 

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
303 posts
5,157 battles

Yea it's easy to routinely get the 1600 base at say T7 or T8

Members
280 posts
724 battles

Brand new Kagero over on ASIA server.  First time out, 1900 base xp.

No capture flags, 101k spotting damage and my own 95k damage all came in the last 4 minutes with torpedoes at point blank range (Conquerer, Bismarck, Henri IV).

High tier does make it easier.

[INTEL]
Members
8,577 posts
25,666 battles

Nice work! Just got my second in 10,000 games in Yugumo, so yours is quite an accomplishment.

Members
280 posts
724 battles

Managed it in 3 games tonight.  Strangely, I did it in T6 here, yet it took 4 games at T8 on ASIA to manage the feat.

Just a really good game against +2 MM.  Now I just have to find the time to grind out the ribbons on both servers.

WOWS_Revolution1600.jpg

Sign in to follow this