You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

How to disable the file that War Thunder puts on your computer

7 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,057 battles

that does not go away, when you uninstall the game. It runs every time you start your computer. It also slows your boot up time. It wasn't on mine but it was on my nephews computer. I didn't care for the game and uninstalled it before they made the new launcher that puts this file on your PC with out you knowing about it. Hit CTRL ALT DELETE, Then hit Task Manager. If you can't see the Startup Tab,  click on More Details, Then the Startup Tab. If you have a file that has the word Gaijinin it, right click it and disable it. I forget what he said the full files name was, but it does not start with a G so you can't just find it alphabetically. Hope this helps some of you.

[WOLF6]
Members
314 posts
4,551 battles
31 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

that does not go away, when you uninstall the game. It runs every time you start your computer. It also slows your boot up time. It wasn't on mine but it was on my nephews computer. I didn't care for the game and uninstalled it before they made the new launcher that puts this file on your PC with out you knowing about it. Hit CTRL ALT DELETE, Then hit Task Manager. If you can't see the Startup Tab,  click on More Details, Then the Startup Tab. If you have a file that has the word Gaijinin it, right click it and disable it. I forget what he said the full files name was, but it does not start with a G so you can't just find it alphabetically. Hope this helps some of you.

I run Warthunder under Linux . No files added to my startup whatsoever , however Wargamings launcher is usually competing for bandwidth with Windoze 10 update while  Windoze defrag sticks it in and breaks it off just to complete the experience of booting into Windoze 10 . I don't like Warthunder as much as WOWS but they're gonna get the coin I used to spend on WOWS simply for their support of Linux .

Edited by retic1959

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,571 posts

And if you posted about this on their forum you'd have been banned on the spot   xD

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
Just now, Chobittsu said:

And if you posted about this on their forum you'd have been banned on the spot   xD

lol possibly because the software has malware implanted in them and they don't like people finding out about such things. Unfortunately since Apple is one of the few or possibly only App Store that actually screens everything that gets added to their store the rest of the App stores on the internet are use at your own risk pretty much.

Been hearing about such problems on some of the buisiness and tech news sources I like to keep on touch with.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,571 posts
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

lol possibly because the software has malware implanted in them and they don't like people finding out about such things.

ИФ ИФ, ГҤЭЯЭ ЇS ЍФҬӉЇЙG ЩЯФИG ЩЇҬҢ PЯФGЯДԠ, ҪФԠЯДDЄ! ЇS ҬӉԐЯЭ ӺФЯ ҰФЦЯ PЯФГԐҪГЇФЙ ДGДЇЙSҐ ӺЇLГҢҰ ЩЄSГЭЯЍ ЪФФҐLԐG PДГҪӉЄS ҬФ GLФЯЇФЏS GДԠԐ ЖДҲДӾДӾДДӼДҲД)))))))))
*earrape midi version of Kalinka plays*

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,892 battles

Disabling it still leaves the file on your PC, you can locate the file through your running processes & manually nuke it (possibly the folder too).

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I'd do a search on your drive and delete it.

I run program called "WinPatrol" on all my PCs.

It allows to you to choose what to do if anything tries to run. Other things in there as well.

Edited by Wulfgarn