Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ZARDOZ_II

Kill "securing"

15 comments in this topic

[4HIM]
Members
1,794 posts
4,051 battles

Okay, a few weeks back I was in a battle where a couple CA/CL's on my team were whittling down a BB.  A T4 KM BB I think it was.  The BB managed to hide from them, but since I was in a snail US T5 BB I was behind the battle and had a good shot at the KM BB that only had a sliver of health.  Hit it and took it out as you're supposed to try to get enemy guns off the battlefield.  Looking at the results after the battle I noticed I did a whopping 18 damage to the KM BB.  I was going to start a thread asking if anyone had sunk a ship by doing less damage.  Then last night I sunk one doing 17 damage to it (this time a DD).

So just curious, anyone else recall sinking a ship and doing so little damage? 

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,161 battles

I remember someone once stole a kill for literally 1 damage point. Too lazy to dig it back up though

Edited by FireAndHEspam

[4HIM]
Members
1,794 posts
4,051 battles

I thought, given the sheer volume of battles having been played, that someone sunk a ship on one point.  Just curious as to what others have experienced here. 

Thought I must say, no in either case brought out the salt bag and started shouting "kill stealer". 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,190 posts
12,701 battles
8 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

I remember someone once stole a kill for literally 1 damage point. Too lazy to dig it back up thought

@Zampy, with a Shimakaze torpedo.

shot-17_07.30_23_24.06-0668.jpg.d2b80229

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,161 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

@Zampy, with a Shimakaze torpedo.

shot-17_07.30_23_24.06-0668.jpg.d2b80229

Ah that’s the “kill secured” king right there

[HINON]
Supertester
19,190 posts
12,701 battles
3 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Ah that’s the “kill secured” king right there

I agree. You can only equal but never better that.

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,161 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

I agree. You can only equal but never better that.

Not unless you can somehow figure out how to get 0.5 damage points

Members
1,296 posts
21,024 battles

Yea I've sunk ships with only a few points left on 'em and never felt guilty.  Because I've managed to live with a few points and still sink ships. 

Kill 'em all ASAP.

[PSP]
Members
6,230 posts
8,863 battles

A ship with even one hitpoint left can still shoot and is still a threat. Most of the time when I sink a low-hitpoint ship that's been causing a lot of damage to the team I get a "ty."

There are a few times when someone has asked me if they could get a kill on a ship I've been working on because they needed one more for a Kraken. If I'm not in any immediate danger, I always them "sure go for it."

Edited by Snargfargle

[RLGN]
Members
8,242 posts
17,242 battles

Apparently I am one of those naughty 'kill securing fiends,' accorting to WST...

'Very often finishes damaged enemies.'

I will admit I seem to make a habit of dropping shell clusters onto various poor souls about to safely get out of range, or behind some island and into cover...

Members
6,913 posts
7,508 battles
2 hours ago, FireAndHEspam said:

I remember someone once stole a kill for literally 1 damage point. Too lazy to dig it back up though

I've done it at least 3 times.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,830 posts
1,327 battles
23 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

Yea I've sunk ships with only a few points left on 'em and never felt guilty.  Because I've managed to live with a few points and still sink ships. 

Kill 'em all ASAP.

Even in my short career, I've been at 10 hp, put my shots in the air, knowing that the ones I could see coming would probably finish me...then got that sweet sound of another ship sinking after my death.  So, yeah, if it floats, kill it.

[PSP]
Members
6,230 posts
8,863 battles

Along with your Kraken, if you are among the top two or three on your team in points or get a High Caliber or a Confederate then you have significantly damaged the enemy and are not kill stealing. Along with your Kraken, if you get a Close Quarters Expert then you have been at the front lines of the fight, probably soaking up damage that otherwise would have gone to your teammates, and you are not kill stealing. Conversely. If you get a Kraken and are low-mid-level in points earned with no awards then you probably are kill stealing.

Edited by Snargfargle

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,543 battles

It wouldn't be kill stealing if your team is losing and most of the enemy team is near death...

Which happened to me in my Farra (we still lost).

Sign in to follow this