Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
surratus

Clan questions?

5 comments in this topic

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

In trying to grasp the news and hype regarding CWs many questions keep popping into my head, here are just a few.  First let me say: There are many players who are familiar with the format from other games, I am not - so pardon my Noobishness (Noobosity, Noobitity?).  Also, searching the forums isn't as efficient as asking, so here goes (it should be...but sadly it isn't...priorities).

1)  Can two smaller clans merge while retaining clan port, and other vaguely hinted at, benefits?  If not, why not? This is assuming clan population does not exceed maximum levels. This might ensure smaller clans can achieve the 7v7 requirements.  Plus, lets face it, many small clans might be in it just for the Oil.  After all there was a time when we all were...<sigh>. 

2)  Will  Clan Battles be streamed live, in some format ..you know...for the Noobmasses?  Us solo players and baby seals could observe, make rabble rabble, fling popcorn about, and offer wagers (where legal of course).  This might possibly raise the public profile of WoWS - no harm in that, right?  (It should be noted that Noobmasses was originally typed as Noobasses.  I liked Noobasses better, but spellcheck slapped me.)

3) With there be rules with some form of referee, marshal, or Great Pigeon for rule enforcement?  Consider -

Announcer A;  "Oh no,  Did they?  OMG, YES, Capt TK did it again!  Torp'ed a teamate!" 

Announcer B:  "Goodness, what will Neptune do?  Will it be another Pink Card for Capt. TK?" 

Announcer A:  "Possibly...wait.  No! By The Corgi!  It's a RED CARD! Capt. TK's entire port collection exploded!"

Announcer B:  "The Potatoes are throwing salt everywhere! 

Announcer A:  "AHH...it's in my eyes!!!" 

Or something like that, I never liked Announcer A.

4) Lastly, it's a golden opportunity to repay some of our great community contributors, by hiring them to be "color commentators" and "technical experts".  I am not saying which I'd pick, or for which position, but THAT would be a great topic for fun.

Well, that's all I have for now.  I'm betting the community may have more. And if so...join in?

Cheers,

surratus 

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,201 battles

Do you know that the player run tournament, Supremacy League regularly streams some of their matches?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

HAHAHA the idea intrigues me to the point of Hell Yeah like a sports commentator live report. but that would require a spectator mode and as such would never become a reality. Shame though would be fun and entertaining. 

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles
9 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Do you know that the player run tournament, Supremacy League regularly streams some of their matches?

Yes, he shamefacedly admits, its where some of the questions originated.

I said them funnier though...

[SALVO]
Members
17,030 posts
17,629 battles
1 hour ago, surratus said:

1)  Can two smaller clans merge while retaining clan port, and other vaguely hinted at, benefits?  If not, why not? This is assuming clan population does not exceed maximum levels. This might ensure smaller clans can achieve the 7v7 requirements.  Plus, lets face it, many small clans might be in it just for the Oil.  After all there was a time when we all were...<sigh>. 

Or maybe those two clans should just merge and form a single larger clan if they can't get enough people to fill a single 7 player team.

Sign in to follow this