You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Terkoz

Installing the updated WoWP without getting the new Gamercenter?

7 comments in this topic

Members
273 posts
4,737 battles

I'm interested in trying out the new Warplanes game but when I went to try it out last night it seems it wanted to install the new gamecenter so I cancelled the install. Has anyone discovered a way of installing it without loosing the old Warships launcher? I want to avoid that as long as possible.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,496 battles

A common workaround seems to be to kill warcenter from task manager and simply run the game executable instead of the launcher.  When you need to update you'll have to launch warcenter and use it to update, then rinse and repeat.

Members
273 posts
4,737 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Just tell it to not migrate the WOWS into the WGC and then you can continue the install.

I didn't realize the installer gave you that option. Thanks for letting me know.

Members
445 posts
2,076 battles

Can confirm, made a similar post about this earlier, it asks you whether you want to add WoWs (and WoT if you have it) to the game center. Once you finish installing WoWp you can just task manager the game center, then go to the game files and create a shortcut for the game directly. No more game center, only ever have to open it to update.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles

I didn't bother trying, since I had to get the game center to get Warships, since failure of HDD.